This was our first Club Med holiday and we were not sure what to expect. Overall it was great, however there were some things that could be improved on.
1. The minibars in our rooms were never topped up, when we rang reception we were told that they would be topped up that afternoon. They were not topped up and when I rang again I was told that they were not topped up during your stay and you had to buy drinks from the bar? Very confusing.
2. The wifi access was very patchy, dropped out very frequently and was generally unreliable.
3. Our toiletries were not topped up for the duration of our stay.
4. There were no flannels in the bathrooms.
5. The bathrooms were a bit grubby (scale on taps, dirty grout)
6. Our outside chairs were stained as were the chairs in our appt.
7. The family pool was surrounded by very slippery tiles, our son fell on them. Surely this is a concern for a family resort?
8. The cabanas were grubby and some umbrellas were tatty and should have been replaced.
There was an restaurant on site that you had to book, it was nearly impossible to get a table as it was closed for 3 nights of our 6 night stay.
9. We would have appreciated some cards or board games.
10. The library was 95% Asian with almost no English books.
11. Bicycles on site would be a good idea.
12. It was really hard to work out what was going on when and where.
13. Do you really have to charge for the pool table? $5 a game is pretty ridiculous at an all inclusive resort.
14. Ditto the washing machines...
On the plus side:
1. The food and drink were excellent, great choices and delicious. 5 stars for that.
2. The staff and the GOs were outstanding, they made the holiday! 5 stars for them too.
3. Junior club was awesome for our teen.
4. The resort is very spacious and beautiful. It never felt crowded even though it was full when we were there.
5. The activities (when we worked out when and where they were) were really good fun and great value.
We would definitely return to another Club Med, possibly for a longer stay next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At your feet lie clear waters and fine sand beaches. The Village of Bali is one of Club Med(R)'s most beautiful, an Indian Ocean pearl set in the Sunda archipelago. Beneath the coconut palms, by pools of lotus and water lilies, the bungalows with their sweeping roofs take their inspiration from Balinese architecture. A spirit of serenity wafts over Bali, and you can discover a way of celebrating life that is unique. Bali promises moments of grace for young and old, families and honeymooners too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Club Med and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Club Med Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Bali Hotel Nusa Dua
- Bali Club Med
- Club Med Nusa Dua
- Nusa Dua Club Med
- Club Med Bali Nusa Dua