So much about this hotel is so good yet a few things took the gloss off our stay. Firstly let me say the staff were delightful and helpful, our (deluxe) room gorgeous with a huge balcony overlooking the pool and windows on the other side glimpsing the sea, our bed was beautifully comfortable and the pool and surrounding gardens a really delightful haven - or rather should have been except that during our stay it was almost always crowded and noisy. The hotel apparently has a policy of allowing other people to use its pool for a fee and I counted as many as 10 at one time which makes quite an impact on a relatively small pool with only about 15 lounges. Not only that, but a number of them were teenagers who jumped in and 'bombed', wrestled, splashed and were generally noisy for hours at a time. It was difficult to find a lounge, to find space to swim and to lie peacefully by the pool to read. I love to see children having fun in the water but this was over the top.
The second issue concerned the hotel's gorgeous little puppy which had an unfortunate liking (as puppies do) for chewing shoes. He had already destroyed one guest's thong when he made off with one of my sandals. My husband retrieved it and was nipped on the hand, drawing blood. Then as he walked away he was bitten again on the back of his leg. He told the receptionist who applied antiseptic and a bandaid to his leg. He made enquiries later as to whether the dog had had its rabies 'shot' and was told it had and the offer was also made that someone would accompany him to the hospital if he wished to go. He decided to take them at their word that the dog wasn't infectious but we were a little surprised that it was still allowed unsupervised amongst the guests, including children.
On the question of noise between rooms, I suspect it's not the walls that are thin but rather that the sound is travelling through the rattan ceilings.
To end on a positive note, because of a very early departure on our final day we were going to miss breakfast but the lovely restaurant staff brought cereal, bowls and a carton of milk to our room the evening before so we wouldn't go hungry.
I'm sure under other circumstances I would have found this hotel close to perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sumahotel is located close to the sea and not far from the centre of Lovina beach. We have a nice pool and a lot of things to do. We can arrange a lot of trips: scuba diving, snorkling, tracking, temples to see, Balineese dancing, bull riding, etc. Our rates of the apartments are very low, so a lot of quality for your money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Suma Hotel Lovina Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sumahotel Lovina Beach Kalibukbuk
- Suma Hotel Lovina Beach Bali, Indonesia - Singaraja