“We found paradise”
Review of Sananda Bungalows

Sananda Bungalows
Ranked #3 of 40 Singaraja B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My partner and I planned to stay at Sananda for three days, however, since it is one of the most beautiful places at Bali, we decided to extend our stay up to a week, which was a very good decision.
The staff is amazing: They are all very calm, friendly and absolutely helpful and supportive. They are very discrete, always approachable, and the whole atmosphere is warm and familial.
They serve real Balinese food and you get the best home baked bread for breakfast on the terrace, with a splendid view over the garden, the hills, and even the sea.
The rooms are beautifully arranged with few but well selected decorations. The whole place is incredibly clean and the beds are comfortable. However our room remained quite warm during the night, as there was a fan and no air condition (but the two bigger houses seemed a bit cooler since they are lying more in the shade). Furthermore the staff is very attentive and perceptive: I am suffering from a lots of allergies (mainly house dust mites and some food allergies) and I did not experience any problems at this place (neither with food, since I told them about my allergies and they were very careful with the ingredients, nor in the bed, nor with the washing powder they use, etc).
They also arranged a dolphin tour for us. Here again we noticed that they really care about the people, the animals, and the surrounding. The guy (a friend from the Sananda staff) who took us to the dolphins always put his motor off when we were close to the animals (which none of the other guys with their boats did and who instead rushed after the dolphins). In the end we definitely came closest to the dolphins and had a great experience, thanks to our guide!
We also think that Sananda is an excellent host for families, even with very little children.
Furthermore it is a place where you can let your money with the best conscience ever.
We definitely recommend Sananda as one of the best accommodations. Since we were traveling around Bali for four weeks we had very mixed experiences regarding our accommodations, but Sananda is so peaceful and just beautiful. So you better book right now!

P.S. Ask about the fried bananas and you will be in heaven (actually I never liked banana very much, but these are soooo good, so they are a must have).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank K_and_M_January12
There are newer reviews for Sananda Bungalows

Reviewed 13 March 2012

I'm a bit late getting to this review, but Sananda Bungalows had such an impact on me that I will never forget it! I only stayed there for 2 days shortly after the New Year, but it was easily the best accommodation I had in my two week stay in Bali. After spending a few days in cramped quarters in hectic Kuta, I was glad I splurged on the spacious Superior Bungalow. It was huge, clean, very quiet, and peaceful. The garden landscape surrounding it is beautiful. The mosquitos are fierce though, but they do provide mosquito incense, coils, and nets. But a good mosquito spray is necessary if you want to sit outside. The staff was lovely, extremely accommodating and helpful. I felt like I asked a lot of them during my stay, but they always did what they could with a friendly smile. I ate breakfast and dinner there each morning and night. The dinners were vegetarian and even though I'm not a vegetarian I thought they were amazing. Most, if not all, of the ingedients are grown organically in thier own garden. The bungalows are very much out of the way, so you will probably need transport to get to and from town. But it's extremely affordable. I can't recommend this place enough! You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

Room Tip: Tips for light sleepers, the local roosters start crowing VERY early. Bring earplugs.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This resort was definitely a surprise. Even after viewing the pictures, it's cleaner and more spacious in person. The rooms are like little separate houses, each with its own patio, chairs, and hammock. The grounds are filled with lush trees and gardens, some of which are used in meals.

This place is great for resting and getting away from touristy areas. It is a bit out of the way, but the owners are a knowledgeable resource for arranging trips during the day. They know honest drivers who can safely navigate you to wherever you'd like. Also, they have a list of things to do and places to see in your room.

We really enjoyed our time!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I was a solo traveler and stayed here for one week
during the 2011 x-mas and new year

This place is highly suitable for the solo travelers who really want to
escape from the city life, and couples seeking for a quite peaceful
stay in the Bali.

I was highly impressed with the all staffs and their managers jeena and sheela.
The staffs here are very friendly, bringing water, changing the flowers
and cleaning the room every day/time.

About dining, I tried most of the items in the menu homemade bread and jam,
Vegetable salad, nasi campur, fish and chicken everything is natural and really delicious.
Unlimited fresh water, warm Tea/coffee and cold beverages like lemon grass are available
Without no charge.

About the spirituality,
I am happy to say that I could regain my happiness.
after doing the meditation @ yoga hall.

I was also enjoying the rain.. It’s really nice to see the rain here.

Attractions

* Natural surroundings.
* Eco friendly and hygienic apartment.
* Friendly and trained staff.
* Spiritual atmosphere.
* calm and peaceful place.
* Authentic Balinese cuisine.

Next time I will be here ... when I am in North Bali.
Thank you sananda bungalows.

Room Tip: For solo travelers Standard Bungalows is good , for a family i will recommend Superior Bungalows
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here over christmas and up to New Year. The staff are both very friendly and very helpful, even the guys working in the (beautiful) gardens would greet us with a smile. The food is fantastic - freshly cooked with their own ingredients, and delicious. Although vegetarian food is the main staple, we were given both chicken and fish. All that is required is a little notice so some fresh meat can be bought at a local market.

The rooms are clean and comfortable, with a whole family of geckos occasionally appearing! The gardens are beautiful, perfect to stroll around or just to enjoy looking at.

The location is beautiful but also quite a distance from everything. The staff are happy to organise drivers to hire for day trips around the local areas, and motorbikes can be hired too. The bungalows are perfect to get away from everything for a few days and just relax, read or rest. If you like your holidays more action packed, then perhaps something a bit nearer a town would be better.

Overall we had a great holiday, and would highly recommend Sananda to anyone looking for peace and quiet in Bali

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2011

The location was far out of the way in that it isn't feasible to walk into town, but one of my favorite parts of the trip was renting motorbikes at the bungalows. Lovina is extremely easy to drive around in so finding our was wasn't a problem. I think this location is ideal for couples or families who want to be away from the noise of town. Great views and by far the most friendly staff of anywhere I've stayed in Bali.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Sananda bungalows offers the experience of the real Bali that is so very hard to find. It is situated in the hills in the north of Bali near Lovina beach but secluded so you feel as though you have truly gotten away from the crowds.

The gardens in which the bungalows are set are truly beautiful and also full of the foods served at meal times. There are pineapples, rambutans, cashew nuts, etc as well as herbs and vegetables. Speaking of the food, for very reasonable prices, you can choose to have lunch or dinner or both on the veranda which has views to the ocean. The Balinese food was divine. Every day we just asked for a surprise and were rewarded with fresh, wholesome food - often a nasi campur - rice with a bit of everything. Breakfast is included and there are a wide range of delicious choices.

The bungalows are very comfortable, large and intelligently designed. Each has a landing with a view and a hammock or banana lounge with tranquil views. There are beautiful statues scattered through the compound, made by staff member, Sheila's husband. You really feel completely relaxed and at one with nature here.

There is unlimited drinking water, coffee and delicious homemade iced teas at no charge, as well as great wifi.

But what really sets Sananda apart is the incredible staff who make you feel like friends and honored guests at once. Nothing is too much trouble and they create a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere. We spent one morning in the village guided by Sheila to visit the houses of some of the staff which was a special experience. Before we leave, we will book another visit. Exceptional.

Room Tip: All bungalows are lovely. The standard rooms have hammocks and the superior rooms have a banana loun...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tinytravellers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Singaraja
Villa Agung Beach Inn
Puri Tugu Belanda
Puri Tugu Belanda
#4 of 40 in Singaraja
Shanti Natural Panorama View Hotel, Bar & Restaurant

Been to Sananda Bungalows? Share your experiences!