“Would definitely do Aditya again”

Aditya Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Singaraja
“Would definitely do Aditya again”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I liked Aditya, impeccably presented and enjoyable despite some regular irritating noise. It's a shame I won't be able to stay in Aditya soon as it's so far away. Overall a highly balachanderous experience - 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Daniel G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 June 2014

What I like:
1. Comfortable restaurant. There quite many dishes. One problem - there is no text about cocktails - just name. And, it's pity, no mocktails. I prefer it will me more desserts.
2. Staff is adequate, friendly, attentive (with one exception - see below)
3. Standard room is quite normal. TV, fridge, bathtub with really hot water anytime, big bed, balcoon - so it's ok
4. Beautiful pool and garden
5. Wide and beautiful beach
6. Restaurant close at 11 p.m. - it's very convenient.

What I don't like:
1. On the beach TOO many salespeople. They are VERY disturbing and annoying. I think the hotel's management must manage it. I came here not for multiple annoying conversations with salespeople every (!) time when I visit beach or even walk near it!
2. The chief women on the reception almost demand the change after you pay your bills! She is persistently ask "is it ok" means "don't demand your change". For me, like, I suppose, for many another civilised clients, it was awkward to demand my change, so I agreed. She took my 80.000 rupees, and it was very strange and non pleasant.
3. The mixer in bathtub is very old and annoying - not possible to make a water with designed temperature.
4. TV is very old and of bad quality.
5. wi-fi in my room was very bad - so I went to restaurant if I need good connection. My friend in another room told that wi-fi was ok, so maybe it depends on room.
6. There is no any food in minibar - only drinks. Not comfortable.
7. They restrict massage in the room. Many hotels do this and anyway it's not comfortable - I don't like publik massage places and prefer the atmosfere of my own room.
8. The local music in restaurant (in evening time) is too loud and too tiresome. Very disturbing if you sit there half-hous or 1 hour.
9. In night time it could be problem because of noice from hoghway. I think it make sense to erect some wall between rooms and highway.

Overall I think that it's one of the best hotel in Lovina.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Before I left Australia I purchased a new motor bike in Bali a Honda Vario 125. (You don't need anything bigger). I decided to do something different this time and take a bike ride around Bali (415km). I planned 3 days 2 nights. ( I am over 60, so all you older travels try new adventures it is great fun :) ) This review is the first hotel in Lovina. I was staying at the Ping Hotel in Seminyak for 19 days (already done a review). The first night of the bike ride I stayed at Aditya Beach Resort Lovina. The Aditya is one of the older hotels in Lovina set in beautiful surroundings on the beach front. Okay now for the review of the resort. Start of by saying the staff are very friendly and helpful. (This is very typical of Bali.) The rooms are a good size though only basic, very clean. The rooms look a bit tied manly because the hotel is old. The bathroom, toilet is very clean. The TV worked and also the A/C. However when I got to the room I was looking forward to having a cold beer. I opened the bar fridge and bugger everything is HOT. Why do hotels turn of the bar fridges? so much for the cold beer. I went up to the pool and had a medium cold beer. You have the be a mountain goat to climb the steps to the pool. (See Photos) The pool area has seen better days especially the chairs. I did not think the pool area was a nice place to relax. I went into Lovina for dinner so I can't comment on the resort menu. Breakfast is included in the price of the room. Breakfast is a buffet style what I had I enjoyed very much. The restaurant faces onto the beach, this made having breakfast nice and relaxing, I enjoyed my overnight stay at the resort, but I am sorry to say I would not stay there if I was going to stay for a longer period. The hotel rooms and especially the pool area need a bit of a facelift. I feel they over charge for there rooms by 100,000 - 150,000 IR ($15) per night. It is an Ok resort to stay at.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank marucio p
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed one night on our tour to Lovina beach. We went hoping to see the dolphins, but on arrival discovered we were only able to 'swim' with them in a nearby pool with other people. The cost was $125US each, so we passed on that. The hotel was lovely, beautiful gardens, clean sparkly pool which we enjoyed. The vista is lovely across the ocean, however a walk on the beach found it to be rocky and the water full of rubbish (including a rat floating by inside a plastic bag). The restaurant was lovely to dine at and the breakfast was the usual Bali fare. The 21% tax was excessive in comparison to other places we stayed. Overall we enjoyed our time here.

Room Tip: nice spot, front bungalows looked wonderful
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Not really friendly or helpful staff, unusual for Bali. The hotel is overpriced. The beach is narrow and a bit rocky. The ocean was a bit murky. Did not like being pestered by the vendors on the beach.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have been to Bali 16 times, on holidays, so did not have unrealistic expectations for this hotelo.

Maybe we were unlucky but we had a family with three children in the room directly above us. They jumped & ran about the room till well after midnight & the noise carried clearly to us below them.

The bathroom was a wet room type room.......with a shower rose coming straight ouyt from on of the walls. No cubile or any screen to stop the water spraying about. The room thus became very wet & the tiles very slippery. The wash basin was outside this room, in the main room....& was vey inconvenient.

There was a bad raw sewerage type smell coming from the drainage hole in the bathroom. We left the exhaust fan on in an endeavour to clear the small but to no avail.

We were in a superior garden view room. It was basic & only had unlined curtains over the windows - thus causing the room to be too light & therefore affected our sleeping. The bed only had a single light sheet...........no cover or blankets. If we turned the3 air conditioner off the room became stifling & when it was on it was too cold to sleep. We had to rug up with clothes to be somewhat comfortable.

The breakfast was very basic & limited for a hotel of such a size. We had a very good evening meal at their restaurant. Their staff were the friendliest I have struck on the island. The gardens & grounds were excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second level are superior - due to noise levels at ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Singaraja hotels

Washington State
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Cottages set along the beach and a tree lined row of rooms with verandas and chairs.
Beach nice for walking, shallow for swimming and wading, a bit opaque though. Dolphin viewing early morning expeditions from here. Sunset touted from Lovinia beach but when we were there it was off to the side and not visible. Food mediocre. Nice little lounging gazebos along the beach to just sit and enjoy the ocean breeze and read or rest. Would be a nice place to just get away to read and relax for a few days. Good pool. Far from the maddening crowd.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Singaraja
Adirama Beach Hotel
#13 of 23 in Lovina Beach
Cleopatra Beach Bungalows
Cleopatra Beach Bungalows
#11 of 23 in Lovina Beach

Been to Aditya Beach Resort? Share your experiences!