“Beautiful waterfall but prepare to be ripped off”
Review of Gitgit Waterfall

and up
Private Tour: Natural Bali and Temples Tour
Ranked #2 of 53 things to do in Singaraja
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We visited this waterfall because the driver we hired for the day suggested it. If I had known how extortionate the entry fee was, I wouldn't have bothered. We were charged 300,000RP for two of us, which was pretty shocking. I only went ahead and paid because the local guide kept saying that the money goes towards helping the local community. However, there was no proof of this and I got the impression they charge people what they think they can get away with. To make matters worse, there was a group of small kids following us, trying to sell us trinkets, plus a row of shops with people badgering us to buy drinks and more even trinkets. The waterfall is stunning and it's a nice walk, but the whole experience left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,051)

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This place is so poorly managed.

The waterfall is nice, being able to swim in them is nice also.

Basically the complex contains three small-medium sized waterfalls. "Apparently", there's a separate fee of 50,000rp per person, PER WATERFALL. So to see all three costs 150,000rp per person.

I say "apparently" because we basically paid some kid at the "front entrance", which was basically 2 brick walls with a corrugated iron roof, and there were no official looking signs or placards advertising the price: just a kid in a TShirt asking for 300,000rp for the two of us, hand written on a receipt.

To see all three takes a bit of time, because it basically requires to hike the whole mountain. Our local "guide" was puffed out and covered in sweat from the tour, just to give you an idea how tiring it is for an unfit foreigner.

Note that, firstly, a "guide" is not mandatory. So if some kid comes up to you, you can tell him to buzz off, but you may get lost in the many branching mountain pass.

Note that, second, there's three separate car park entrances to the waterfall.

2  Thank borzy
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Been to Bali 12 times, never heard of this place before. I loved it, wished we had more time here. It's a long drive here from Kuta. We had lunch at Lovina and drove back. I loved swimming under the waterfall. The water was so clean after the cesspool beaches. Its not that much of a walk if you're even half fit.

1  Thank DiBecker
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited the upper falls and enjoyed walking past the tropical flowers and fruit including wild cacao and jackfruit. The upper falls were ok, mainly interesting because of tropical plants. We are spoiled by the rocky gorges and falls where we live in western NY.

The lower falls were more fun, with Hindu figures and a shrine. The base looked suitable for a dip, so I tried. The cool wind and heavy spray kept me from getting close to the dropping water and the rest of the pool is shallow. It was refreshing to sit in... meanwhile wifey chatted up the locals at the top and observed their coffee bean drying process beside the road.

In sum, not worth a special trip but a nice stop if you are near.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

nice, but in my opinion is nicer at munduk waterfalls. you can buy from here all kinds of spices. it doesn't worth to buy souvenirs from here. you can find the same stuff,at lower prices in nusa dua or mata-hari,in denpasar

1  Thank adi6709