The better part got a great deal on a week at Villa Mahapala and so off we went. Whilst not right on the beach I can walk 75 metres if I need to this was close enough to beach front for us, mind you with our own plunge pool and the 25 metre pool we never actually got into the beach. The location is great for a quite week in Sanur, with easy access to either the beach front restaurants or thos on the street.
There is something special about having breakfast brought o your own Villa every morning – good range of choices and the food was above average but not outstanding – and enjoying said breakfast poolside. Other then breakfast we only eat once on site – the food was OK but the service very poor, essentially they forgot one dish. WiFi by the main pool was free and OK but you had to pay for this in each Villa.
The rooms were a little tired, maintenance being an issue in Bali. I suspect if we had paid full price I would have been critical of the uneven nature of the house keeping, and the little details needing attention such as peeling sealant around the bath. The sheets were stained, but clean. The gym pleasant but half the machines didn’t work. But I didn’t pay full price and they give us complementary late check-out so I am prepared to turn a blind eye to these shortcomings. I would be back at Villa Mahapala in a flash if I got a similar discount ( ~ 40%) but wouldn’t rush back at full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Mahapala is a luxury resort villa located in the quiet village of Sanur. The Villa's unique feature is its focus on the twelve signs of the zodiac. Exceptionally designed with immaculate facilities, Villa Mahapala will leave you with an unforgettable impression of your holiday in Bali. Each of the elegant villas, complete with its own private pool, is individually designed on one of the zodiac signs. The zodiac theme continues throughout the Resort, and our tasteful and elegant atmosphere will ensure that our guests enjoy a personalized villa experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Mahapala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Mahapala Hotel Sanur
- Mahapala Hotel Sanur
- Villa Mahapala Bali/Sanur