Our visit did not start off well; the plane was delayed and we arrived hours late at Denpasar airport, tired and uncomfortable - well past midnight. From then on - things just got better and better!
Our pre-booked driver was still waiting paitiently for us. When he turned off the Sanur bypass into what looked like a rutted back alley, we wondered if he was lost (of course he wasn't) and ariving at the Villas was like dropping in on another planet - everything was handled by the security guards - the office being closed it now being 1:30 am, but we were swiftly moved, baggage as well into our amazing villa. Prepared and lit for us with the air conditioning on, welcoming drinks in the fridge it was like heaven.
Ours was the 'Harmony Villa' - two bedrooms, two bathrooms, three toilets, four showers, a pool and spa, two TVs with sixty satellite channels and DVD players, a fully equipped kitchen and lovely decor.
One room had a private walled outdoor retreat, with bath, seating area, fish pond, fountain and indoor and outdoor showers, the other room had an en-suite with a glass door from the shower to a small outdoor courtyard with another shower.
The kitchen had a convection microwave oven, fridge/freezer, hot and chilled drinking water, toaster and sandwich toaster as well as all the pots and pans and dishes you could wish for.
Both beds were king sized and very comfortable, there were also two safes for valuables.
Breakfast was brought in each morning by one or two smiling happy ladies - we chose the fruit and pastries most days. The selection was always different each morning and beautifully prepared. We never managed to eat it all and it kept us going until lunch.
All the staff were friendly and helpful - gardeners and maintenance men, the villa was cleaned very thoroughly every day and was in excellent repair.
The Villa is not near the beach, but the walk is only about 400m and although the lane is narrow and in places a bit potholed, the locals are friendly and keep it clean daily and even after dark we never felt unsafe walking (torches are provided and are useful to avoid puddles after dark despite the street lights).
There are dozens of places to eat and most deliver to your door if you don't feel like being energetic. We can recommend 'Downtown' about halfway to Hardy's the department store, where you can get almost everything at fixed prices.
Sanur is nothing like as frantic as Kuta, nuch nicer and frendlier and the beachfront walk and beach is lovely.
Hiring a car and driver is the ONLY way to see the island properly - back roads, real villages away from the tourist routes - wonderful. Adi at reception can arrange this for you - Teja our driver was very good, very safe and knowledgable.
I heartily recommend this place, the staff are all lovely, friendly and cheerful. Nothing is too much bother and if you need to unwind and relax - this is the perfect spot in lovely private luxury surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zen Villa is a complex of beautiful private pool villas set in a quiet and lush tropical garden setting. Available as one, two, or in some cases, three bedrooms, each villa is unique, and features air-conditioned, king-size, en-suite bedrooms. The villa kitchens are well equipped, and adjoin an air-conditioned lounge area with LCD TV (cable) and DVD/CD player. A beautiful alfresco terrace is the perfect place to be served breakfast. This is an ideal resort for a couple, a family, or a group of friends - quiet and tranquil whilst being within easy reach of shops, restaurants and the beach. Guest service is our specialty. The friendly and knowledgeable team are available to assist from your first enquiry, right through to your departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Zen Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zen Villas Hotel Sanur
- The Zen Villas Bali/Sanur