We are a group of 14 in Villa Casis & stayed 3 nights in June 2013.
The moment we stepped into Villa Casis, we were wowed by the decor. The place was spacious, lots of sitting/lounging areas and a decent-but-not-big pool suitable for little kids. But this is where the good stuff ends.
Here comes the bad stuff :
1) bathrooms were dark, old and tired looking.
2) ditto the kitchen. kitchen drawers that have seen better days are now unhinged & huge rubbish bins were uncovered.
3) sofas had stains & constant lizard droppings (common of thatched roofs in bali).
4) aircons. One of the compressor broke down at 10pm one evening & the technician was called in. But we didn't really think it was fair to ask the guy to climb up & fix it, armed with only a torchlight in darkness. So we shifted to another room (luckily there was sufficient space). Trust me, in Sanur, you don't want to sleep in the with windows open...the mozzies will get to you.
5) water dispensers. Out of a 4D3N stay, we didn't have the water dispenser until the 3rd day. It was apparently sent for repair....i can understand that, but surely a replacement set doesn't cost an arm & leg?
6) water pressure was our biggest peeve. All the 6 rooms would run out of water at one point or another...sometimes all together. Even when the showers were working, for the rooms upstairs, the water would come out alternating between high & low pressure. The staff, to their credit, upon your complaint, will run to the service area & pull some levers to make it work again. But trust me, it recurs within 10 mins.....so good luck if you are used to leisurely showers.
Many of us are seasoned travellers in Bali. We have stayed at much better villas before. Very often, you get what you pay for. This is where Villa Casis disappointed. We paid more close to US$1,000 per night yet the facilities were a big let-down.
1) Location wise the Villa was near to eateries (within walking distance) and lots of little massage parlours next door. Police station just directly opposite.
2) We didn't go to the beach at Sanur.
3) Construction going on both sides of the villa though it wasn't too noisy.
4) Breakfast (included in price) was decent - choice of Western & Indonesian.
5) Staff were generally helpful & tried their best given the state of the facilities.
Bottomline? I wouldn't be staying there again unless the owner puts in some $ to seriously refurbish the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Casis was voted as one of the best villas to rent in Bali by the famous Conde Nast Traveller guide. We are convinced that all visitors would totally agree. Villa Casis offers the perfect base to explore Bali and its eclectic tourists’ attractions. It offers six large A/C bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms and designed for absolute privacy and comfort. All bathrooms are marble lined and appointed with luxurious bathrobes, face and body towels, personal spa products and hairdryer. The three upstairs guest bedrooms boost an open roofed design with king size four-poster beds, private balconies with deck chairs and hammocks. The bedrooms have pressurised hot water showers in the bathrooms. The downstairs Master room has a king-size double bed and features sliding doors to an open deck and the pool. The two other downstairs guest bedrooms have either king-size double beds or twin beds and feature sliding doors to the garden. These three rooms have both showers and a romanesque bathtub, handmade for each room in an open roofed bathroom. The guest rooms all have fitted wardrobes, a combination safe box and vanity tables. All the furniture have been designed for Villa Casis, from the bed linen made of the finest cotton, to the pillows, made of gooses’ plumes. Villa Casis has two spacious living rooms, overlooking the tropical gardens. The dining room is air-conditioned and can seat up to fourteen guests. The kitchen is equipped with the best imported cutlery, crockery and kitchen equipment, including a cappuccino machine with the famous Caswell’s coffee and teas; the best the island has to offer. An other advantage of this Villa is the Media Room which has a flat screen television, cable television service and over 1000 DVD movies. Finally, the garden and pool are a real advantage for the Villa. In fact, Villa Casis is set amongst a lush tropical garden. It has a 70 square metre (10-metre-long) swimming pool, with pool-deck and lover’s loungers. You might also enjoy the separate terrace upstair, with a sundeck and sunbathing beds ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Agoda, Ctrip TA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Casis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Casis Bali/Sanur