“A very nice evening out”
Review of Alise's Restaurant

Alise's Restaurant
Ranked #178 of 455 Restaurants in Sanur
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Happen to be on my way to pick up merchandise I purchased a day earlier when someone gave me a couple of flyers on this restaurant. One was for that night (Thurs) and the other for the following. Both featured 2 set menus and also what live act was performing that night. I liked what I saw for Friday so I went the following night.

The restaurant is approx. 150 feet off the main road which lends to its quiet appeal, I also found it to be a hidden gem. The décor and ambiance were lovely. The staff is very attentive.

There is an a la carte menu that contains a diverse selection. I opted for one of the set menus that night which included vegetables samosa with yoghurt cream sauce, Tom Yam Gung soup, steamed fish and prawns with cream sauce served with parsley potatoes and salad, Alise's Parfait with Strawberry ice cream. The meal and a coca cola and mixed juice drink came out to
approx. 17 USD.

The entertainment was a quartet from Sumatra that performed international songs including Indonesian songs and songs by the Eagles, the Beatles and Bryan Adams. They harmonized beautifully.

It was a relaxing evening with delicious food. I regret not venturing out to try different restaurants (ate mostly at my hotel). A lesson learned is to accept the flyers given to you and look them over as you could be passing up something very nice. I highly recommend this restaurant.

www.tamukamibali.com and click on restaurant

Reviewed 5 August 2013

my wife and I were very impressed by the level of service at this little gem of a restaurant. extensive menu, friendly service, good food at a reasonable price, all the makings of a good night out, and on top of all that live entertainment, thank you to all the team at Alise's restaurant
you turned a good holiday into a great holiday. see you all in january

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We were welcomed with an ice cold washer which was very welcome as it is very warm and steamy here at the moment. We also had a welcome fruit drink as well .Service was wonderful, menu good and very nice decor.
They had a small band which got off the small stage and went around to each table and asked for song selections. It was good fun and complimented a very nice meal.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Every year we dine at Alise's several times and also have our farewell to Bali dinner there. The food is amazing, the staff are just gorgeous and the owner always makes us feel welcome. He always greets us with a frangipani flower to place behind our ear. The ambience is delightful. It's one restaurant I look forward to dining at every time I am in Sanur and look forward to my next trip in September.

1  Thank MyOwnOpinion21
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We found our first few restaurants in Sanur were a bit "soulless" with Ok food. Then we found Alises. The room is lovely, right by the hotel pool. The staff are friendly and welcoming, the restaurant has a good feel even when not busy. We also enjoyed the live music, which is an accomplished mix of styles and not too intrusive.

The menu offers a mix of Indonesian and Western. We were on Indonesian staples, which were done well with some flexibility on presentation and accompaniments to suit our tastes.

Coming here felt like a dining experience, rather than just a food stop. For us, it added a lot to our evenings in Sanur.