“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bali Ocean Walker
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Imagine walking on the ocean bed, admiring the natural undersea world, seeing beautiful coral and hand feeding brghtly coloured fish by hand. This is possible and after only a 30 minutes cruise with Marine Walk's fast boat to the white sands of Lembongan Island, where you can enjoy an all inclusive day of fun.The all-inclusive package includes hotel transfer, boat transfer, welcome drink, undersea walk/marine walk, snorkeling, lunch, beach kayaking or cycling tour, free underwater photo, safety instruction and equipment, locker, towel, shower, and change room, insurance coverage.About Marine-WalkBali Marine Walk using an open-ended helmet that allows the wearer to stay underwater by just putting it ober head. The helmet is connected to the scuba thanks by air hose that supplies it with air. The interior of the helmet is designet with a defogging mechanism that prevents the front window from fogginh. The helmet is also fitted with a vent which continously exhausts unneeded air from the helmet. Since the bent is located at the back, there is no air valve to obstruct the guest’s view.Guest wearing helmet descend a ladder to the ocean or aquarium flor where they can walk and experience the underwater world.Guest remain underwater for 15 minutes. The time was determined as the safest length of time for guests who have never been underwater before.
Singapore, Singapore
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

The whole package cost about 95 USD which includes 2 way pick up from hotel, 2 way cruise to Marine walk location at Nusa Lembongan, all the activities there and lunch! Though the high price may be daunting at first but I would say its all very worth it for the great experience.

Went with a big group with mix of different nationalities and the guides/instructors were very well verse in different languages which impresses me.

There's a little hiccup on the way as the speed boat engine failed and we had to go back halfway to the beach and wait for another boat to come from Nusa Lembongan to pick us up. It was almost an half hour wait and the staff is kind enough to bring us some food and snacks while we were waiting. And they did not shortchange us of the time to do the activities there too despite the delay!

Everyone take turns to go down for the marine walk and while waiting, we are allowed to snorkel or swim around the area. I'm one of the last few who went down and were privileged to be given a slightly longer time to walk haha! You will be given a bottle of fish food and lots of fishes will automatically swim to you for the food! It was fun and great first time experience for me! They will also take some photos of you which you are allowed to pick 2 free ones and any additional will be charged at 50,000idr which is very reasonable.

After the walk, you will get to enjoy a complimentary ride on the banana boat as well..followed by lunch and a free drink, before you get to choose between kayaking in the waters or a ride on the bicycle around the village. I choose to cycle as I prefer to take a look at how the locals there are living. And it was indeed an awesome ride down the village, seaside and the mangrove forests on the island. Although my only concern is that the guide was riding abit too fast and does not seem to care about the safety and if everyone is closely following behind him.

The shower room only has one cubicle (for male) though so theres a need to queue and thus would suggest to bathe when you are back in the hotel instead. The whole trip lasted from 9am to around 3pm in the afternoon.

Overall a fun and great experience I had and would definitely recommend to make this one of the must try in Bali!

One tip: Bring along either a waterproof camera or a waterproof bag to put your phone in to capture the moments underwater! haha..

Visited December 2013
6 Thank Xuan Cheng L

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Awesome experience for young kid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

At first, I was not sure if my 10-year old son was willing to give it a go to go down underwater. But the staff was all very professional. They brought him around for snorkeling, etc to make sure he was comfortable with the water, then patiently made sure he dared to try on the helmet and climbed down the ladder.....kudos to the staff.

The walk itself was quite short but it was quite memorable. Plenty of fish around the area to make sure you will end up with a nice photo to bring home

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jalan2x
Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great fun - memorable experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I signed up for the full day package which included the 15 minute marine walk, snorkelling, lunch, kayaking/biking, one underwater photo per person, and pickup/drop off from hotel.

The marine walk is nothing like I've ever experienced. They put a big heavy space helmet on your head and you walk down and around the ocean bed (about 5-10m). It was pretty scary walking down because we weren't used to the helmet weight and we didn't know to expect but we got over it after a few minutes. We were given a bottle of fish food so we can attract/feed the fish while the photographer takes pictures of us. That was also scary because all the fish come around you pecking at your bottle of fish food, and unfortunately for my husband, the fish were pecking at him too. Apparantly, he's tasty to the fish. They were just small coral fish though, there were no sharks or piranhas so it wasn't painful for him.

We were in a big group so we got a lot of time to snorkel as everyone waits their turn to do the marine walk. After the marine walking and snorkelling, you have the option to pay extra to go on the banana boat, we opted out of that.

After all the water activities, we were taken to an island to have lunch, and after lunch, you get the option to bike around the village or go kayaking. Looking at the beautiful clear blue/green water, we decided to go kayaking. After kayaking, we chilled at the island for about 30 minutes longer and then sadly, we had to leave.

While I found the package a bit on the expensive side, I felt it was definitely the highlight of my trip to Bali.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank oh_my_sunshine
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Jan's Tours helped organise our day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Jan's Tours Bali helped us to get to this attraction and they did a fantastic job. We had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed the whole trip. We did the Marine Walk and loved feeding all the fish. Some of our group snorkelled while the others played on the slide that went for the top of the boat to the water. It was so much fun. We had a lovely lunch on the island of Lembongan and then did the cycle tour around the island stopping at a temple. Everyone really enjoyed the whole trip, we got a free underwater photo too, which was a bonus. It was well worth it, we all had such a great day so many thanks to Jan's Tours and the Marine Walk team.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Donna L
Toronto
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“impressive and excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We went to Bali in mid September this year (2013) and tried out the Marine walk, snorkelling and other activities.
I had done snorkelling in Cuba, Bahamas (Rose Island), Koh Samui, Thailand before. But had never heard of Marine Walk until I was checking out the marine activities in Bali.

The package that we signed up for had 20 minutes of marine walk, 30 minutes of snorkelling, lunch on Lembongan Island, kayak/canoe/bike for ~1 hr.
We had a great time and will do it again if we were to go back to Bali.

Visited September 2013