“Marine Walk, Snorkelling, Cycling/Kayaking Package”
Review of Bali Marine Walk

Bali Ocean Walker
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Imagine walking on the ocean bed, admiring the natural undersea world, seeing beautiful coral and hand feeding brghtly coloured fish by hand. This is possible and after only a 30 minutes cruise with Marine Walk's fast boat to the white sands of Lembongan Island, where you can enjoy an all inclusive day of fun.The all-inclusive package includes hotel transfer, boat transfer, welcome drink, undersea walk/marine walk, snorkeling, lunch, beach kayaking or cycling tour, free underwater photo, safety instruction and equipment, locker, towel, shower, and change room, insurance coverage.About Marine-WalkBali Marine Walk using an open-ended helmet that allows the wearer to stay underwater by just putting it ober head. The helmet is connected to the scuba thanks by air hose that supplies it with air. The interior of the helmet is designet with a defogging mechanism that prevents the front window from fogginh. The helmet is also fitted with a vent which continously exhausts unneeded air from the helmet. Since the bent is located at the back, there is no air valve to obstruct the guest’s view.Guest wearing helmet descend a ladder to the ocean or aquarium flor where they can walk and experience the underwater world.Guest remain underwater for 15 minutes. The time was determined as the safest length of time for guests who have never been underwater before.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This package was about 95 USD, and included the activities mentioned. The reservation of the slots was easy, and everything was well co-ordinated from start to the end. While a meal is provided, it was extremely basic, so you may want to bring some of your own food if you are fussy. The crowd that I experienced here included couples and small groups - the boat held about 15-18 of us.

The marine walk itself was crazy beautiful and amazing. They provided safe equipment, as well as fish food to attract numerous fish, so that made the experience even more worthwhile. I couldn't get enough of it. The free photo was an added bonus. The snorkelling afterwards was stunning, given that the area around Lembongan has beautiful clear waters, colourful fish and beautiful coral. I personally feel that the time given for snorkelling and marine walking was too short, taking into consideration that those water activities were the main aspects of the attraction.

We were unable to kayak because of strong waves, so instead we cycled around Lembongan for 30 minutes, which was a beautiful view, but still again, too short. Overall, the trip was meant to be for a full day (7.30am to 5pm), but we had already finished all the activities and were leaving Lembongan by 1.15pm and I reached my hotel at 2.40pm. So I was pretty disappointed with the duration of the trip, especially because I was enjoying myself so much and it didn't deliver what was promised. Nevertheless, I did enjoy myself enough to say now that I would definitely do this again.

7  Thank TrishnaMenon

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Everything was great and hassle free. We were taken cared of by friendly and professional staffs from the company. I was really impressed with their guides because they know what they're doing and they know how to speak different languages. It's totally hassle free. The helmet diving was the highlight of this trip. It was amazing! I was able to conquer my fear of being underwater and I was really amazed with what I saw. I will definitely do this again.

2  Thank 222Chrissy21
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We call them directly and reserve for next day.
We really enjoyed the walk. They gave you kind of special shoes for walk and put a heavy space helmet on your head and teach you how to walk down slowly to the ocean bed . at first was scary , you feel pressure on your ears underwater but your body adapt to it when you go down slowly.the guide was kind and helpful.we feed the fish while the photographer takes pictures of us.
the staff was all very professional and friendly.the buffet lunch was OK it could be better .

3  Thank Azadsh
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Driver picked us up from our hotel early in the morning and went to pooling/gathering area where more ppl came. There were registering and payment activity, which left us waiting around for almost one hour. They do this so often, should be more organised and more efficient.
Finally we left with speedboat to pontoon and do the marine walk. The guys were friendly and helpful. It was interesting and great experience! We went about 4-5 meters under water and fed the fishes without getting our face/head wet :)
After that we had some time to snorkel and went to Nusa Lembongan Island where lunch was provided. Lunch quality was very so so. On the island we could choose to do more snorkeling, kayaking or cycling. At the end of the trip they drove us back to our hotel. Even though its a good experience, I think the price is a bit too expensive

3  Thank PrincessOfLeisure
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was willing to pay a good price for a good tour to Lembongian Islands. It ended up costing around $120 Aust. They picked us up from hotel and we were driven to a hotel located on the beach. We seemed to be the only Australians with a group of Russians tourists. We boarded a boat for lembongian , We stopped off at the platoon , where we boarded a bigger boat as seen in the above photo. As we were the only english speaking ppl we were the first to try out the Marine walk. Good experience , I then went and snorkled for 10 minutes : most of the coral is dead and I asked if there was anything to watch out for in the water I was told no. ( until some tourists were stung multiple times by jelly fish . ( saw a few different types of jelly fish that float on top of water and look rather nasty.) I had a break from snorkelling though when i wanted to do some more snorkelling I was told it was finished ( no snorkels left!) So they dont supply snorkels for every person on board .The guide was nice and let me know when snorkels became available. You spend about 2 hours on platoon . Theres a older indo man who stands around looking really grumpy maybe the boss, told us to hurry up to take our water shoes off because other ppl needed then which didnt even make sense seeing as they only do the marine work 2 at a time and had more than 20 pairs of water booties. all the other indo boat intendants were really nice and helpful. We then boarded the smaller boat again and headed for lembongian Island for lunch . The beach at lembongian is full of rubbish and so much broken glass on sand leading to the restaurant even a light bulb on sand. The food was crap and cold . After lunch you only have a hour to explore via bike or kayak . Not really much to see except shacks and seaweed drying on tarps. The worst part of trip was when we returned on boat to go back to Bali. The water wasnt choppy but it was if the skipper wanted to get back to Bali asap so we zoomed home way to fast for teh whole trip and wasnt enjoyable at all airborne then bang back on the water again and again for over 25 minutes. Going so fast my window nearly fell out and I had to hold onto it until a crew member could grab it.. My friend had a broken arm and the boat trip home was unbearable for .
her . I wouldnt recommmend as it was way to expensive for what it was

6  Thank koko77Melbourne