“Great value, lovely hotel”

Peneeda View Beach Hotel
Ranked #24 of 79 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 25 September 2009

We loved Peneeda view. I rated it 5 stars because I believe that it great value for money. I would not give it 5 stars if it was a 5 star hotel.

The pools are lovely and the view from the restaurant is relaxing and gorgeous. We found the room a good size with young children. Loved that king sized bed. We found taff friendly and helpful.

Only problem we found was the plumbing. Toilets were a bit hard to work out and needed support in both rooms (we stayed in two rooms). Also, the shower was blocked. However, once we notified staff someone came around and sorted that out.

Others on this site have complained about the breakfast - we thought it was quite good. We had good service and once we realised what we could have, juice, fruit, eggs and crossants or toast etc etc, we were happy. A lovely outlook for breakfast over the beach.

WE'll be going back next year we hope.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 September 2009

I have previously written about this hotel on this site prasing the hotel and staff and said that I would stay here again. We are off to Bali again next year and as I said I would, tried to book this hotel. I chose to deal with the hotel directly as we had stayed previously and would like the hotel to get all the monies paid without paying commissions etc. The hotel site was down for a couple of weeks so couldnt access it but when I did realised they had redone there site and updated some things, great. Saw the family package deal that was on offer and tried to book two of them (for two families travelling together) The price came back as near double of what the site said and what we paid in May this year. I wrote back to them telling them this price was through the roof and could I have the deal offered on the site. Their response was there was a mistake on the website and they were old prices...I had been to their website many times prior to booking my last trip with them and know this was a new website....There prices will not be beaten...Price guarentee....None of this applies...Sorry....
When we were there in May , my husband, myself and our 12 year old son were model guests by the way...we chose not to have our room serviced, we make our own beds and keep our room tidy, we were not noisy, infact in bed around nine each night and spent a fair bit of money on site at the resturant and on extras, tours, transport etc...so I know its not cause they dont want us back....well maybe it is (haha) Was looking forward to taking our friends to this place so is a bit of a shame really...!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Was here for a week mid August. Warm greeting by the staff upon arrival and friendly smiling service throughout our stay. Room was clean and tidy upon arrival (No. 142) tucked away so we could sit on the patio and not get gawped at my passersby. Toilet and shower were temperamental but nothing that couldn`t be fixed with a little fiddling about.
Had dinner at the restaurant by the beach the first night, great Indonesian food. Second night we ate at the Mexican restaurant near the entrance, both the lamb and the fish were superb and highly recommended. Breakfast was included in our room price (80.5 USD) tried it twice and then gave up. Service was sloppy, orders were incorrect, hash browns were rock hard and cold, a serving of baked beans consisted of 4-5 sad looking beans and there were several local touts prowling along the beachfront right by the tables.
3 pools were on the small side the deepest being closest to reception and 150cm deep. The gym had seen much better days but was fine for a Rocky style workout.
Good location for walking into town and along the beach. Bali Massages nearby is worth a visit, try the 1hr facial and Stars Bar Bali has great food and an excellent full English breakfast. Both are a minutes walk from the hotel driveway.
Check out is 12 noon but we had no trouble getting that extended to 9pm for an extra 40 dollars.
Would come back to this hotel but would not take the inclusive breakfast option!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Raging_Ronin
Reviewed 19 August 2009

We were booked into this Hotels Villa, D,Adobe, in Sanur. After the first night i spoke to the manager to point out a few things, such as the un-emptied dustbins, dirty tablecloths, broken taps in bathroom, broken shower, etc. Whilst pointing this out to the manager another man in shorts and T. Shirt cam up and said we should stay elsewhere. I said if we could find a room in the Hotel it would be better and returned to talking to the manager. This other person then interrupted again and i hushed him, at this he started to shout and me, pointing his finger right in my face, calling me racist, all this time not letting me talk. My wife thought he was going to hit me. He then tells me to get out of his hotel... YES>> HIS HOTEL. Very obviously this man does not take critics very well. He does not know how to introduce himself, or how to treat customers.
IF YOU STAY HERE< DO NOT COMPLAIN.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank warmwaterdiverFrance
Reviewed 11 August 2009

The hotel is made up of little two story bungalows, the rooms we saw were dark and old fashioned , our loo flushed forever!

The staff we friendly, as the Balinese race all seem to be .

Breakfast has to be the hotels highlight due to the spectacular vista, and was waiter service.

The pools are small and the areas areound the pool are quite shaded.

We paid 80.50$ a night Inc breakfast as we think that is top end for what it is worth.

Sanur has lots of restaruant and a fantastic Japanese one at the end of the street, set back off the road, spoilt a little by the visit of a rat to the table area at the end of the meal!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Goodeffort
Reviewed 15 June 2009

We took our 3 and year old here and were relieved when we arrived that there were HEAPS of other kids here. If our kids are having fun, we are, right. There were 3 pools so the kids could run amok in 2 and then there was one which was clearly for adults to relax by quietly. The restaurant on the vacant block next to the hotel (access by the beach) was heaps cheaper and had nice food. The hotel however was really good at catering to my little monsters who sometimes only wanted sausages! The little area with table outside the room was great for the kids to use and the seperate bedrooms was handy. Great big bath for the kids too. The problems however was the electrics, they kept buzzing in and out and i would not let the kids touch the switches. In the end we only had 1 or 2 lights working n the room. Also while the shower looked great water pressure was not so good. All in all, great price, dodgy electrics, lovely grounds, felt like we were actually in bali, but not sure i would stay there again

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank nicole0
Reviewed 10 June 2009

This quaint hotel was beyond what I expected when I booked last year. We booked a 2bdrm family suite that was basic but spacious and was serviced daily. We wanted our kids to experience "being" in another country that was far from the trappings of a 5 star hotel. We had a blast. Our kids met kids from other countries, which was an experience in itself. The restaurant was adequate for both western and balinese food and we enjoyed the complimentary tea and coffee served every afternoon. Every morning we walked the footpath that went the length of Sanur beach and passed numerous good eating places and hotels right on the beach. Most patrons were European and, as we went out of school holiday time, it was fairly quiet. A highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family