“Good place”
Review of The Trophy Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanur
The Trophy Hotel
Ranked #93 of 135 Sanur B&B and Inns
sydney
“Good place”
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Have stayed there a few times.Rooms cheap. ,room,double bed,bathroom with bath ensuite,a/c noisy,fridge,tv,opens out onto nice large fishpond.Pool.Staff very friendy.Across the road is another "pub",another couple close by.Close to massage(eidlewies),cheap and good.Beach 5 minutes.
Good cheap javan open cafe at end of road .Very basic.Good original food.$4?
(to right as go out).70 meters.
Moneychanger in complex dicky.
Not a pub but more an open air bistro with bar under a large canopy.
The worse thing is the salemen as you go out.Taxi,Taxi,taxi...
Quiet.Cheap.Friendly.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Castlemaine, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2010

We did not stay in the hotel, however while we were in Sanur, we ate there almost everyday. The food was very tasty and cheap. The staff were very friendly and the open restaurant/bar had a great atmosphere at night. I would recommend this place to eat if you're after a cheap, tasty and safe meal in Sanur.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Stayed here one night on the way to our diving holiday. The rooms as basic but clean and they come with air con and hot water for only 18$ which i think is pretty good! Includes breakfast and the dinner we had the night before was tasty and good value as well. Staff were friendly and polite..

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Helen G
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 July 2009

I arrived around 5am after finding the adjacent Waterhole 2 hotel (recommended by lonely planet) was full. The guy at the front desk agreed to letting me stay till 12 noon the next calender day (i.e. about 30 hrs) for 180,000 Rp. On the payment receipt, I insisted he write down explicitly I paid to stay till noon next day.

The place has about 10 units. He assigned me to a room facing the Sanur Beach Hotel. The unit has very loud but working A/C, other than that, the bed was comfortable and bathroom was acceptable (w/o hot water).

Everything went smoothly until the morning of my departure. No one was at the front desk, but I was trying to be nice and waited for someone to show up to return the key. When the cleaning lady did show up, she asked me to pay another day's rent saying this was what her boss wanted her to tell me (I simply can't believe that !!!) I showed her the signed receipt which clearly states I paid all due but I am not sure she understands English written there. I ignored her demand and left in anger.

Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank fiberdude8888
Vancouver
Reviewed 20 July 2009

We stayed at the Trophy for the first 3 nights of our stay on Bali. It's in Sanur so it was about 80,000-90,000 Rp for a taxi from the airport. The area of Sanur is nice with lots of shops and restaurants but the beach wasn't the best. There is a very nice beach path that you can follow in that area though and it was nice to ride bicycles along it.
The room was a good size with a/c and a fan. It was 180,000 Rp per night with a good breakfast. You got a continental breakfast with the room but if you wanted a larger meal you just paid the difference from the continental which was nice.

They had a pool but it was small and we didn't end up spending time at the pool. The bed was decent. The staff were very friendly and we didn't have a bad meal at the onsite restaurant. We got in very late on our first night so we checked in at the bar and they are very casual so they didn't require us to pre-pay. There is a small bar but the bartenders are very friendly. The meals are fairly cheap with the most expensive being around maybe 60,000 Rp or so.

It was usually quiet and only one night when they had live music did we hear any noise from the bar. But they wrap it up fairly early so it's not a big deal. This is a nice spot to spend a few days and you can walk to the beach within 5-10 mintues from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanur
Bali Wirasana Hotel
#41 of 282 in Kuta
Yulia 2 Homestay
Yulia 2 Homestay
#74 of 135 in Sanur

Been to The Trophy Hotel? Share your experiences!