“very good”

Ranked #26 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
A TripAdvisor Member
“very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

Very nice hotel, especially for the honeymoon purpose. The location, tropical garden, swimming pools, etc, are very interesting. The hotel location that very close with the Sanur beach is the most advantage of this hotel

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
MercureResortSanur, Manager at Mercure Resort Sanur, responded to this review, 1 December 2011

Warm greetings from Mercure Resort Sanur.

Thank you for your compliments on our location, beautiful garden, as well as our swimming pool. It is always a pleasure to know that our guests were very much enjoy their stay in our resort.

We do wish you will return for your incoming holiday.

Mercure Resort Sanur Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

I did a lot of research beforehand to try to find a clean, reasonably-priced place on a quiet beach in Bali, and settled on the Mercure, which was great. They were offering a special rate, as it was the off season, which was irresistible.

The resort is right on the beach, and is lovely. I thought the rooms could use some updating, though they were comfortable and not terribly out of date. This is the tropics, so one is bound to encounter critters at the best of places. And so it was that one night as I turned off the reading lamp over my bed and prepared to sleep, I felt what turned out to be a small roach crawl on my neck and begin to head for my back when I flicked it on to the floor, where it lay momentarily stunned. I tried to kill it with my sneaker, but missed and it scurried off under my bed, never to be seen again for the rest of my stay.

Our rate did not include breakfast, so, ever the value shopper, I headed over to Gardenia Cafe, but can't say I highly recommend that. Our last day, we ate at the hotel. Instead of paying the $15 for the breakfast buffet, which didn't appear all that appetizing, we ordered a la carte. Mom got the french toast, which didn't look that great. I got the bircher muesli, which was prepared and served more like cold, thick oatmeal, with little bits of dried fruit, instead of the less firm variety I've had elsewhere with fresh fruit. But it was o.k.

The resort has two pools, which get crowded fast. And the beach itself didn't appear all that great. But sitting in the lounge chairs, shaded by a veritable grove of palm trees, was delightful, with the reliable, refreshing ocean breeze cooling one off. Glorious.

If you want to splurge a bit, stay at the Putri Santrian, which is more upscale and not so much more expensive than the Mercure. It's just a short walk down the boardwalk from the Mercure, next to the Aerowisata Hotel, which also looked nice.

We had lunch at the Putri Santrian Beach Club Bar and Restaurant, right on the beach, which was great. Really good food quality, decent service. A little bit pricey, though. Their chocolate tart is outrageously good.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank diploconcierge
MercureResortSanur, Manager at Mercure Resort Sanur, responded to this review, 2 December 2011

Warm greetings from Mercure Resort Sanur.

Thank you for sharing such detail review on your stay. We are delighted to know that you had a great holiday here in our lovely resort.
Indeed, if you're looking for a serene tropical experience, Mercure Resort Sanur is the place to be. And rest assured that we are conducting a regular maintenance for the cleanliness of our guest rooms and garden.

Your constructive feedback concerning the quality of our food and beverage is much appreciated. We will pass it to our F & B Manager for further review and action.

Once again thank you, we are looking forward to welcoming you again, in your future holiday.

Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

We stayed 5 nights in a Deluxe Room upstairs in the Hibiscus Wing. The room and bathroom were clean and well maintained. A slow flushing toilet was promptly fixed by the maintenance team. The bed was very comfortable and the view from the balcony was over the temple area. The hotel grounds are beautiful and well maintained. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. There are two swimming pool areas which are very nice. Breakfast is buffet style and of good quality, I became addicted to the omelette with the lot, made to order...yummy. There are lots of good dining options within walking distance on the street or along the beach or a cab is cheap if you want to venture up further. The hotel provides a shuttle bus to Hardy’s shopping centre. For the price that we paid for the room, we believe that the hotel represents good value. We used the hotel as a base primarily as all of our days were swimming at the pool, and then eating and drinking up and down the Sanur strip with our good friends who we were travelling with. It was my first time at the Mercure and my wife’s second, we would stay again.

1 Thank stoffa

Warm greetings from Mercure Resort Sanur.

Thank you for your kind compliments on our facility and service, we highly appreciated it.
We will pass your good comments to our team, as we are sure that this will serve as an encouragement for all of us to continuously provide excellent facility and service.

We are looking forward to better servicing you on your incoming stay.

Ghent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

We stayed here for three nights, just after arriving in Bali.

We really enjoyed the calmness of the resort, closeness to the beach. Excellent to start off your holiday and get rid of the jetlag.

We had some minor issues in the room (toilet kept on running, and the airco was leaking some water), but after mentioning this to the staff, this was taken care of within two hours, perfect service!

Staff was also very friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear SIr/Madam,

Warm greetings from Mercure Resort Sanur.

Thank you for your positive review on our resort, it is such a pleasure to receive good feedback. We are glad that you were having wonderful, relaxing holiday during your stay with us.

Your remarks will encourage all of us to maintain and even enhance the quality of our service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again, soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days, with 3 days joining a conference and 1 day for leisure. During the conference, breakfasts and lunches were all taken in the hotel restaurant. There were little variety in the food provided. There was a reception party in the first evening, and a farewell party in the last evening during the conference. The parties were held on the beach with excellent atmosphere, though the food did not give me much surprise.
I forgot to bring my tooth brush and tooth paste, and asked for them at the reception with a response that I got to buy them at the hotel shop. The prices were dear.
There was not sufficient air-conditioning in the conference hall. I felt the air-con only at the moment of entering the hall. After sitting down for the conference, sweats never stopped and I had to take a bath after each session in order to be refreshed for the next session.
Hotel staff was very nice and helpful. When I asked for an extention of stay for one more day, the reception staff advised me to book on-line so I could get a better price.
A free shuttle bus service was offered for hotel guests to go to the only supermarket in the area, but the bus was so small that some guests did not get a seat. Transportation was a real problem. Other than the shuttle bus, taxi was the only means of transport. Fortunately taxi fare was reasonable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Warm greetings from Mercure Resort Sanur.

Thank you for sharing your residential meeting experience in our hotel. It is delightful to know that you were keen on the atmosphere at our beach, as well as the service provided by our team.
Your constructive input concerning the air conditioner in our meeting room is very well noted Rest assured that we will take appropriate action to overcome this condition.

Once again than you, we are looking forward to servicing you again for both your future business and leisure accommodation.

Horsham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

We came here after staying a few nights in Ubud in the rice fields, and its was a nice change to be by the beach. The room and balcony were very nice a clean and good size bed, nice toiletries too. The pools were good although a little merky at times, must be all the sun tan lotions. Breakfast had a very good variety although on a number of occasions we had to ask for a table to be set up, they did do this very quickly. The beach was a little bit of a let down, I went to take a dip in the sea and changed my mind as did have a lot of rubbish in it, not sure that the hotel could have done much about this, but also noticed quite a lot of cigerett ends in the sand around the sun beds which I think the hotel could have sorted out so was a little disapointing. But all in all the hotel was nice, there were lots of places to eat near by and the locals are all very nice. We did take a trip to Kuta for the day and Sanur is so much nicer and cleaner than Kuta, I did enjoy my stay in Sanur but dont' think that I would go back its a long way and the beach wasn't as spectatular as i excepted it to be, but nice clean hotel.

1 Thank Laura P
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I went there with my husband for our honeymoon. We traveled 24 hours to get there but it was worth it.
We checked in late in the evening but there was complimentary drink for us, cake in the room and a fruit basket.
The hotel is built in traditional Balinese style The room was spacious and clean. The balcony was very large and we had beautiful view of the garden. It was very quiet.
The food in the hotel was very nice(we had only breakfast). Near the hotel are situated little restaurants with very good food variety and prices.
There was nice sandy beach. The pool were very clean.
The garden was the most beautiful thing about the hotel.
The staff was more than happy to help us. They were genuine and wonderful.
It was the best choice for our honeymoon!

Room Tip: I think that all the rooms have nice view.