I organized an large event in Mercure Resort, Sanur a few weeks ago and over all we were satisfied with most things.
I knew that the hotel is quite old, but i felt that it wouldnt be a major problem.
The resort lay out is really quite nice. When i visited the first time, the hotel was fully functioning with a beautiful lobby and Guest Lounge with shower facilities, wifi etc for guests who need to wait for check-in etc. i thought this facility is a brilliant idea as many travellers arrive dirty, sweaty and it's nice to have a cool relaxing place to rest while waiting.
Overall, everything was fine. I just think that if operations staff paid more attention to detail it would make a huge difference.
Breakfast was fine. Nothing spectacular, but pretty good. Restaurant items were moderately priced and nicely done.
Their 2 swimming pools is really one of the main highlights of the resort.
- free wifi...although very very slow
- Guest Lounge
- good layout of resort with 2 swimming pools and private beach (although mornings are low tide, so it's better later in the day)
- helpful staff. I complained of a leaking air conditioner and they immediately came to fix it.
- housekeeping is lacking. more attention to detail is needed.
- Rooms were not well-maintained with broken beds, lights etc
- Seems to be understaffed overall. One staff at Reception was extremely un-friendly.
I think the resort is pretty good value for money, but i feel like since the resort isn't new, they should pay more attention to cleanliness and friendliness of staff to make the guest's stay more enjoyable. Most people booking won't expect a new fancy room, but if the room is clean and in good condition, i think most people will be very happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali, a resort with contemporary Balinese design featuring 189 guest rooms in 41 Balinese cottages with traditional thatched rooftops. Each guest room has it’s own private balcony overlooking the tropical garden. Only 20 minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International airport. Has a direct access to a white sand beach. A stone pathways will lead you around 5 hectares luscious tropical garden, with its fragrant trees, towering palm and coconut tress, and more than 100 species of flora.A perfect place to relax while experiencing the beauty of Bali’s unique culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Odigeo, ACCOR, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Mercure Resort Sanur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Sanur Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Hotel Sanur
- Accor Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali