The Mercure in Sanur is a resort ie it is set in large grounds/gardens and has direct beach access. There is plentiful lounges to choose from at the pools and on the beach. There is plenty of shade on the beach and less so at the pools. We only used the beach side pool which was very pleasant. It is a short walk to cafes/bars along the beach and the road, and they run a shuttle bus to Hardys which is like the local department store. The bed was very comfortable, room very quiet and the mini bar stocked only on request. Most of the guests were Western European and although they have a kids club the youngest person I saw was about 12. The resort is excellent value for money, you can pay 10 times more a few doors down the beach and have to fight for a lounge. I was expected on arrival and the staff were most friendly. Will definitely come back.
So what is wrong with this place - well Sanur is very quiet and if you want lots of night life it may not be for you. The rooms were adequate, everything worked, but look dated. The breakfast buffet was also very adequate but lacked imagination. And I always cringe when my welcome drink is a tiny voucher that I redeem at the bar - and sure enough it entitled me to a small glass of cordial.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali, a resort with contemporary Balinese design featuring 189 guest rooms in 41 Balinese cottages with traditional thatched rooftops. Each guest room has it’s own private balcony overlooking the tropical garden. Only 20 minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International airport. Has a direct access to a white sand beach. A stone pathways will lead you around 5 hectares luscious tropical garden, with its fragrant trees, towering palm and coconut tress, and more than 100 species of flora.A perfect place to relax while experiencing the beauty of Bali’s unique culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Travelbag, Agoda, ACCOR, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Mercure Resort Sanur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Sanur Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Hotel Sanur
- Accor Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali