I will start with the good: Nice location (all taxi drivers know it and only 30 mins from the airport) and very pretty upon arrival e.g. Coy carp ponds everywhere, frangipani trees, spa music gently playing. Our room was right opposite the spa which unfortunately we didn't get to try. We were offered breakfast buffet but at 15USD per day I thought that was a complete joke so didn't bother. There is an on site shop which is expensive but has essentials. A free shuttle bus leaves 9 times a day to the local supermarket which was handy. Rooms nice enough, comfy beds and BBC News on tv. Shower good pressure and 2 bottles of water left in room everyday. Also had some chocolates and flowers on arrival as we were on our honeymoon. Staff friendly too. The pool area is nice and backs out onto Sanur beach. You are given a towel card per person too. They offer daily yoga classes plus activities on the beach but we didn't get round to doing any of them.
Now the bad, taking all these into consideration this explains my 3 stars. Ants in the room! And this included the fridge and bed and they bit you all over in the night!! And it wasn't just us who were attacked as we noticed all guests had bites on their backs and thighs! Fridge also luke warm... Rooms not soundproof so if you were lucky enough to have some rowdy Aussies living next door like us then expect to be woken up at 4am everyday. Only 1 bath towel provided per person which is not enough. We ate lunch by the pool a couple of days and have to say that food was God awful and we were glad we had not booked breakfast! (Go to somewhere on the beach much nicer and cheaper!) service also extremely slow! We asked room service for some bowls so we could eat our cereal and this inane task took 45 mins only for 2 spoons to be sent.. Sanur beach although nearby is not very nice and be aware you won't see the sunset here. Seminyak is waaaay better and cleaner and a beautiful sunset! Concierge outside is extortionately overpriced. Exit the hotel, turn left then left again (near Bali Scuba) and hail a Bluebird cab which works on a meter and will halve your cost! The amount of pool Sun beds is ridiculously low, only 8 beds so be early or forget it and resort to the beach. I must add that there is a nice breeze from the sea so you won't be too hot. There is also another pool in the hotel but it is filthy, the fountains weren't working and ant nests were everywhere so we left after 5 minutes.
To sum up: it wasn't terrible but it wasn't amazing either and Sanur is very quiet. Next time I visit Bali I will stay in Seminyak and go for a higher standard of hotel as personally, these faults were not ones we could ignore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali, a resort with contemporary Balinese design featuring 189 guest rooms in 41 Balinese cottages with traditional thatched rooftops. Each guest room has it’s own private balcony overlooking the tropical garden. Only 20 minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International airport. Has a direct access to a white sand beach. A stone pathways will lead you around 5 hectares luscious tropical garden, with its fragrant trees, towering palm and coconut tress, and more than 100 species of flora.A perfect place to relax while experiencing the beauty of Bali’s unique culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Resort Sanur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Sanur Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Hotel Sanur
- Accor Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali