Hi, this was my 6th visit to Sanur and first stay at the Mercure, I stayed at the Mercure from 20/7-3/8, I cannot fault the hotel, service or staff, excellent all round, the staff from reception to gardeners will greet you with a big smile and hello, contrary to other posts ten staff try very hard to speak English, have a chat with them and help them increase their language skills, a friendly "pagi" from you in the morning as well goes a long way. The rooms are a bit dated but very comfortable, clean and have beautiful garden outlooks, how much time do you really spend in a room in beautiful Bali anyway ? The grounds, gardens and pools are great, the trees and palms on the beach provide great shade, the private beach area has plenty of sun lounges under the trees and palms or in the sun ( maybe a few sun umbrellas would be nice ). The beach is clean and the water crystal clear, note the tides vary the water depth by a metre is so between high and low tides. I actually only used the pools twice as the sea was more refreshing. I didn't eat at the resort because I like to experience as many local eateries as possible and have a few favourites nearby. This is a great hotel for waterspout lovers, especially kite surfers like myself, there is areas at. Either end of the beach to set up and launch/land ( please keep distance from other guests) there area also has a kite school for lessons or hire, the guys are great and will assist you without hesitation. A bonus of this hotel is the "departure lounge" a very well fitted out lounge area with bar and food service, well equipped bathrooms with showers and fresh towels, located at the front of the hotel, you can check out in the morning, have your luggage safely stored and enjoy the lounge until airport transfer pickup, a quick shower and change and off to the airport, what a great asset. I will be returning to the Mercure same time next year, all in all a great holiday, thanks Luke and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali, a resort with contemporary Balinese design featuring 189 guest rooms in 41 Balinese cottages with traditional thatched rooftops. Each guest room has it’s own private balcony overlooking the tropical garden. Only 20 minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International airport. Has a direct access to a white sand beach. A stone pathways will lead you around 5 hectares luscious tropical garden, with its fragrant trees, towering palm and coconut tress, and more than 100 species of flora.A perfect place to relax while experiencing the beauty of Bali’s unique culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Resort Sanur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Sanur Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Hotel Sanur
- Accor Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali