“Very happy thank you”

Ranked #25 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hi, this was my 6th visit to Sanur and first stay at the Mercure, I stayed at the Mercure from 20/7-3/8, I cannot fault the hotel, service or staff, excellent all round, the staff from reception to gardeners will greet you with a big smile and hello, contrary to other posts ten staff try very hard to speak English, have a chat with them and help them increase their language skills, a friendly "pagi" from you in the morning as well goes a long way. The rooms are a bit dated but very comfortable, clean and have beautiful garden outlooks, how much time do you really spend in a room in beautiful Bali anyway ? The grounds, gardens and pools are great, the trees and palms on the beach provide great shade, the private beach area has plenty of sun lounges under the trees and palms or in the sun ( maybe a few sun umbrellas would be nice ). The beach is clean and the water crystal clear, note the tides vary the water depth by a metre is so between high and low tides. I actually only used the pools twice as the sea was more refreshing. I didn't eat at the resort because I like to experience as many local eateries as possible and have a few favourites nearby. This is a great hotel for waterspout lovers, especially kite surfers like myself, there is areas at. Either end of the beach to set up and launch/land ( please keep distance from other guests) there area also has a kite school for lessons or hire, the guys are great and will assist you without hesitation. A bonus of this hotel is the "departure lounge" a very well fitted out lounge area with bar and food service, well equipped bathrooms with showers and fresh towels, located at the front of the hotel, you can check out in the morning, have your luggage safely stored and enjoy the lounge until airport transfer pickup, a quick shower and change and off to the airport, what a great asset. I will be returning to the Mercure same time next year, all in all a great holiday, thanks Luke and staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs with balcony to enjoy a bit of the sunset and cool breeze
2  Thank Kitesurfingtheworld
MercureResortSanur, General Manager at Mercure Resort Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Kitesurfingtheworld,

Thank you for your very kind words, yes this time of year is great for kite surfers and I appreciate your words on where the take off and come in from as we do have outside guests who do not think of the comfort and safety of our guests even after being asked where to safely do so.
We look forward to you coming back.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Resort Sanur

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Check in at 12am midnight for thee nights during July. Everything was fine and all the staff are friendly.

Breakfast was good and the hotel area was comfortable.

Room was average. Room Service was good.

The only let down was the breach as it was full of rubbish and floating stick together with sea plants. The staff of the hotel only clean the area on the sandy beach but not those floating.

Kindly improve your beach and I shall stayed there again for my next trip to Bali.

Dear BrandonoHo,

Thanks for your review.
Yes we clean the beach daily but the sea, I think that may be a little difficult.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at Mercure and were so happy we chose this Resort. We were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the gardens and pool area was. The staff were all so friendly, the service was great, and we were close to everything we needed. The beach area is one of the nicer ones along this stretch of Sanur.
We were originally concerned after reading some negative reviews about Mercure. It is a large resort with massive landscaped gardens, so I assume it was one of the original resorts in Sanur. Consequently it could possibly use a bit of a facelift, but this did nothing to change our opinion that it is excellent value, friendly, convenient, and a resort that we would come back to again without any hesitation. PERFECT! Will recommend this to everyone.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Joseph Herman,

Thank you very much for your posting. We were pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay, and not let what some people write in this forum stop you from coming.

Thanks again and we hope you return.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

It's 3pm, an hour of waiting at the counter, wrong room assigned, not sure where my luggage is too.

I spent 1.5 hour just to handle all the error from the front desk. Is this Accor hotel? Kidding me!

Change to zoo business then, I will think twice whenever I book an Accor hotel again

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank bernicetan
MercureResortSanur, General Manager at Mercure Resort Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Bernicetan,

Thank you for your comments, As you are still in our resort, I do hope that you will make time to ask for me before checking out . I am always happy to discuss any matter with our guests prior to arrival during their stay or even after departing. Either it be in a forum such as this or via email.
We look forward to a full review in the coming days.

Mercure Resort |Sanur

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was the third time I have stayed here and I like it for a number of reasons. It is at the end of Sanur so it's quiet, it is on the beach front so it is easy to do the beach walk which has been upgraded since last year and the pools are great. My only complaint is their beach towel policy. Only one towel per person with a towel card. No exceptions. Breakfast is good and we ate by the pool for lunch on two occasions. The food was good. I will stay here again. As an Accor
Member I asked for an upgrade but they were fully booked however, they did give us a room near the beach which was very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SydneySandra31
MercureResortSanur, General Manager at Mercure Resort Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Sandra31,

Thank you for your comments, unfortunately the resort still has some guests who do not return their towels and leave their cards in the holder upon check out and just leaving the resort. The resort has not lost quite a few over the previous months.
We do apologize for the inconvenience but we hope you understand.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We like this resort. The location is outstanding as right on the beach. The rooms are comfortable and the staff are very friendly and helpful. This is our second stay here and will stay here again. Very good value considering the location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MercureResortSanur, General Manager at Mercure Resort Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Shirley K,

Thank you for the review. We are always happy to see our returning guests around our resort.
You are like extended family tours. Hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MercureResortSanur, General Manager at Mercure Resort Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014