“Excellent Italian food in Sanur.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ristorante Sale e Pepe - CLOSED

Ristorante Sale e Pepe
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We've been topping the charts as one of the Best Italian Restaurant in Sanur, Bali. Opened in December 2008, we're a casual all day dining, catering uncompromising Italian food to local expatriates and tourists alike. We've gone through a total renovation and expansion of the restaurant in March 2012. With a brand new look, a larger open kitchen, a bar, and an indoor and outdoor dining area, we're ready to serve you with a totally new atmosphere starting in April 2012.
Castricum, The Netherlands
“Excellent Italian food in Sanur.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Excellent Italian food and a great value for money. We returned to this restaurant a few times during our stay in Sanur. My children loved the pizzas while we liked especially the bruchetta pomodoro and the different pastas on the menu. Although not on the menu, the Napoliatan chef was also willing to prepare great lasagna. Finally, the complementary Limoncello to close the diner with was great.

• Visited July 2014

• Indonesian first
Adelaide, Australia
“Thought I'd give it one more try.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Didn't even bother coming here in 2013 following my 2012 review, but thought I'd give it another go just to see if my last visit was nothing more than a mere hiccup as my previous visits had all been positive experiences.

I have to say that I was even more dissapointed this time.

Their prices have been hiked up even further with no change at all in the quality of food to compensate.

My saltimbocca alla romana at Rp 95,000++ (previously Rp70,000++) just didn't score a direct hit at all. Everything was SO salty. No finesse anywhere on the plate and my fellow diners agreed. Just no flavour oomph anywhere at all......even the pizza.
I just can't understand how the same chef in the same restaurant can slide so badly.
Even the beers weren't cold.

The only thing that salvaged this review from a one pip 'terrible' rating was the parmigiana di melanzane for appetiser.

Anyone that says Sale e Pepe is 'the best in Sanur' needs to eat more italian in my opinion.
Massimo isn't far away and much, much better in my opinion.

Sorry Sale e Pepe. I used to love it here but after giving you one final try I can't say that I'll ever return.

Arrividerci.

• Visited May 2014
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I always make a point of eating at this restaurant, not only is it the BEST Italian food anywhere in Bail but Egidio and his wonderful staff make the experience that much better. They are so friendly and attentive. Do your self a favour if you get the chance have a meal at this absolute gem you will not be disappointed .

• Visited June 2014
Perth, Australia
“Excellent as always!!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We returned to this wonderful Italian restaurant last night and once again we were delighted with the quality of the food, it was excellent as always. Fantastic service and attentive staff . The recent renovations look great too!! Had 3 piece band playing who were really enjoyable to listen to as well. Highly recommend this restaurant, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Best in Sanur”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great service, lovely food, wonderful value. We tried a few Italian restaurants in Sanur, this was the least expensive and the best.

Visited June 2014