“Hidden slice of paradise!!”
Review of Sanur Beach Villas

Sanur Beach Villas
Ranked #24 of 147 Speciality Lodging in Sanur
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed at SBV for 2 nights and felt like family within 24 hours. Ron and Irma are both genuinely wonderful people. Was sad to leave. Close to great restaurants and short stroll to beach. I left my wallet there when I left and Ron tracked me down within minutes! Safe, trustworthy and a beautiful home away from home. Would go back in a heartbeat!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank bellalisa70

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed at Sanur beach villa for 3 nights and for the price u pay per night you really cannot complain. Think our room number was 5. The rooms are not too bad. Ours had a king size bed in it and the room was decorated nicely. Not exactly 5 star appearance but not too cheaply furnished either. Our bed was VERY hard, it also had a yucky stale smell to the bed covers and squeaked at any time you rolled over and I did notice the walls must of been pretty thin as I could hear my neighbours on either side of me cough or sneeze so i was speaking softly in my room when I knew my neighbours were in their room as I knew they would be able to hear me talking. I also could hear every time my neighbour on one side flushed the toilet but between the bed being rock hard and paper thin walls it was excellent accommodation for what you are paying for. Room has kettle in it and is air conditioned and also has a small decent size fridge inside. Bathroom is outside which is unusual but I thought great. Free Wi-Fi also. Breakfast is included in price and my husband and I had omelettes with toast, freshly squeezed juice plus fruit salad which all were nice. There was a lot more on offer but that is what we ordered each morning. Pool is a good size and grounds, although small, are really nice. Other guests were really nice and service is what u expect from most Balinese, always there to help with a smile. Excellent accommodation apart from the 2 things I mentioned earlier on. We also did Irma's cooking . That cost us AUD$45 each , which involved leaving hotel at 7amwith her to go to the local market to purchase the vegetables, fish and meat. That was really good seeing how the locals buy and sell things. We then got back to motel, had breakfast and then was called in to start our cooking lesson at approx 9am. We made in total 6 dishes which were all delicious. First meal was beef curry then chicken curry, a tuna dish, spring rolls, soup and finally green pancakes. What u cook is your lunch and any leftovers, Irma provides to the staff. I purchased one of her aprons also at AUD$8.00. Bit expensive for Bali standards but glad we did it. Thanks for the great service.

Room Tip: Have a strong back for the rock hard bed mattress
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MOLLY_CHICK
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

We're staying with Ron and the lovely staff here at SBV as part of our Bali Honeymoon adventure. Everything here has been fantastic - our room is always cleaned each morning perfectly, the pool and garden surroundings are gorgeous and most importantly, the Bintangs are icey icey cold. Its a great place to sit and take in the serenity in a quieter part of town but still in enough of a walking distance to beachfront warungs. A Bluebird Taxi to the "main area" of Sanur should cost you around $1.50-2 AUD and Irma can help you with that. Breakfasts are basic but honestly, with all the great local food, you wouldn't need much more. Iced coffees are the bomb diggity! The room itself is basic and the bed is super comfy. Outdoor bathroom is good too. Being a smaller facility it really has a great, quiet, personal vibe to it and would definitely recommend it to anyone. Do yourself a favour... steer clear of the commercialised resort complexes and bring yourself to SBV!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kizkiz07
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Just finished a 6 night stay at Villa 6 and had a lovely time here. The villas are way more modern than I had expected and much cleaner and upmarket than the Puri sanitarian that we stayed in last year in Sanur. It's big advantages are the 3 seperate bedrooms if you have teenagers, and it's position right next to the beach. There are plenty of places to eat along the beach and my advice is to hire a bike for your stay, which works out at 2 dollars a day...
We had massages at the girls who work at the entrance to the beach and ended up buying them a pair of Havaianas each as they were so lovely.
All in all a really nice place to stay right on the restaurant strip, and in the middle of Sanur beach.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank kevin255103
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Out of the hustle and bustle and only short walk to Sanur beach this is basically your own private getaway at a fraction of the price. Hosts Ron and Irma along with their accommodating staff will greet you with a cold beer help you settle in give you the low down on where to and what to and then leave you in peace to enjoy your holiday. Very laid back and informal, clean and serviced villas daily, breakfast daily, we will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rod M
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at SBV for 5 nights in sept 2012. Had no problem with booking ,which I did via email. This is budget accommodation and not a hotel as such, more like a B&B,with only 6 rooms and a family villa,with the owner and his wife living on the premises.The room was comfy and clean, not flash, it is old Bali style, with outdoor bathroom, which we really enjoy.I could stay home and go to the gold coast for a resort style holiday. The pool was lovely, always clean and refreshing. The Bintang was cold from the esky.Because its a B&B there is no dining room as such, but a communal table where breakfast and other meals that are on the menu are served. Food was tasty. I had a relaxing time here and we had great friendly "neigbours" for our stay.Because it is so small,you could be at mercy of the temperament of the other guests,but we had no problems,other than another guest who liked to go to bed at 8.30pm and didn't like noise of music or talking.Would we stay again? yes, it is great value for money,but it is a taxi ride to the shops every time for me due to mobility problems,so i may stay closer into town for that reason.

Room Tip: all rooms are close to the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Beemay063
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Out of the hustle and bustle and only short walk to Sanur beach this is basically you own private getaway at a fraction of the price. Hosts Ron and Irma along with their accommodating staff will greet you with a cold beer help you settle in give you the low down on where to and what to and then leave you in peace to enjoy your holiday. Great place to make friends for life as the atmosphere very much sets the scene for it. Very laid back and informal, clean and serviced villas daily, breakfast daily, we will be back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple