“Very Charming!”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Prices all included. Free pick up and drop off within Sanur area.
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Went here twice on a recent trip to Bali. Food was great, cocktails were also very good. I recommend the Balinese prawns. Band was very entertaining and the ambience and decor is so warm and beautiful Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Charming

Reviewed 13 November 2013

4 stars for trying. A well thought out menu but just didn't deliver the quality we were expecting at the price. Service is good, the decor and atmosphere are impressive, the food just lacks the "oomph" we were hoping for. Having said that, my partner had the best spring roll, lots of flavour and a lovely crisp shell. Canadian scallops with lobster broth, were cold and flabby by the time they got to the table. A forgettable meal in a memorable room.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Visited this establishment last night for the third time over the past 5-6 years & always enjoyed the experience until last night.
We chose the Escargots which we have tried here on previous visits. The flavour was ok but snails were not served in their shells which is half the dining experience.

Cocktails were awful, gin base was definitely Arak & not gin.

2 out of 4 main courses were just ok & the John Dory fish meal was rubbish.

Staff were disinterested & hard to communicate with.
On previous bookings at Char Ming, we were offered pick up & drop off service which was not offered.
We will not be returning to Char Ming.

2  Thank kitty532
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We celebrated our wedding anniversary with 1 year old in tow last night. We had a fabulous evening and were very well looked after.

I loved the small details, such as the welcome drink, cold towel and bread and dip to start with. The food was also fabulous and so very cheap for a fancy restaurant by Australian standards! I had very delicious lobster - 700g of it for around $40.

We will definitely return!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We have returned from another wonderful evening at Sanur's CharMing. On arrival we were quickly seated and a little 'bag chair' ensured that my handbag was placed appropriately. After a cool damp towel was provided - accompanied by a small glass of refreshing drink - we scoured the extensive menu and had difficulty settling on our choices.

As you can see, this is a classy restaurant focussing on providing its guests with a special evening and a lovely meal. The whole evening went like this and even when I 'broke the mould' by ordering three entrees ( I just couldn't choose) and no main meal, our waiter wasn't phased, but checked on the order I would like my dishes served.

The food lived up to our expectations, the setting was beautiful and comfortable and the cool trio of musicians provided relaxing dinner music.

We finished the evening with a complimentary glass of limoncello.

I'd strongly recommend this wonderful restaurant to anyone that appreciates fine dining. Yes, it costs a little more than many of the hum-drum establishments along the strip, but I believe that it is great value for money for a memorable evening.