“2nd Stay at LDV - Amazing - Going back for a 3rd!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lazy Dog Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanur
Lazy Dog Villa
Ranked #41 of 137 Speciality Lodging in Sanur
Miranda, Sydney
“2nd Stay at LDV - Amazing - Going back for a 3rd!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

After staying at Lazy Dog Villa last October, we had to return again. This visit, we stayed for 7 days, and just didn't want to leave. LDV has become our home-away-from-home.It is the perfect place to relax, swim in the pristine pool, and enjoy everything that this spacous villa has to offer.The pool gets sun during the day, but there is plenty of shade in the garden to snooze on the sunlounges.
After being away a year, the villa is still in tip-top condition. Seeing Ayu & Nyoman (our housekeeper & her husband, the garden/poolman/driver) was like greeting old friends. Ayu does all the housekeeping/washing/ironing when they arrive each morning.
Of course when you first arrive, they are waiting with their huge smiles, beautiful flower arrangement, well stocked fridge, a very full bowl of fruit. All the rooms are beautiful & the bedrooms have wonderful, cold air-conditioning. The bedsheets are of excellent quality, the egyptian cotton towels are still gorgeous & fluffy.
In fact, I can't think of anything that I would change at Lazy Dog. I must also mention that every single shower, whichever one you choose, has super strong water pressure - something that can be lacking in many places.
Of course the location of the villa is excellent - a 25 metre walk up the driveway sees you right in the midst of shops/restaurants etc. If you know where "Flapjacks" sports bar/restaurant is, it's directly across the road.
Yet once inside the villa, it is very private & little noise can be heard.
Lazy Dog Villa has many repeat guests - once you stay there, it is extremely hard to leave.
Again, a big thank you to Ray, Suri, Ayu and Nyomen for welcoming us once again to "our home" - we'll see you next March!!!!

Room Tip: All 3 bedrooms are beautiful - Kingsize bed in 2 of the bedrooms, & 2 single beds in the separat...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

The Lazy Dog Villa was recommended by friends and it has been the highlight of our stay in Bali. The pool, living room and bedrooms were beautifully presented and we loved the fact that we had both indoor and outdoor bathrooms. We arrived to a fully stocked fridge with beer, fruit, juice, bacon and eggs , bread and milk. The gardener and driver, Nyomen took us to the supermarket to pick up supplies and also drove us around for a very small fee. His wife Ayu cleaned every day and did all our washing. We would arrive home to find our wardrobes full of beautifully washed and ironed clothes. Thank you Ayu and Nyomen for all your kindness. The area is surrounded by restaurants, bars , shops and it's a short walk to the beach. We will always remember our wonderful week.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank wendytalk
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Everything that everyone else said is accurate. Ray, Ayu and Nyomen were wonderful. The villa is immaculate. Everything about the stay there was low stress. There are tons of great restaurants nearby. The beach is a short walk. Nyomen can connect you to drivers who can take you on tours, etc. Ayu helped us find women who were able to come for poolside massages (with just a few hours notice). Thank you for a great stay! We hope to come back soon!

My only complaint were the nearby roosters -- who made noise 24 x 7 and made it a little difficult to sleep when we were already jet-lagged. Ear plugs would have been great, but we had kids with us, so didn't want to "not" be able to hear them in case of an emergency.

(from Austin, TX)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Busselton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

We stayed at lazy dog villa in june for my wifes birthday. From arrival to departure we got first class treatment from Ayu & nyoman, The villa is fantastic & we will return asap. Thanks to Ray,the owner & Ayu & Nyoman for the lovely flowers & card & bottle of wine they gave to my wife & for giving us a perfect holiday. Hope to see you next year, Ken & Chris in Australia but regretably live in UK

Room Tip: All good
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kenchris04
sydney australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

I was totally in love the minute I walked into the villa and saw the most gorgeous Xmas tree all lit up and the biggest smiles on Nyoman & Ayu faces! .It has three bedrooms but we only used two !! The beds are gorgeous the most comfortable king size beds with pure white linen that smelt divine.The bathrooms had fluffy egyptian cotton towels and all needs such as toothbrush , toothpaste , shampoos , bubble bath etc ! the kitchen had all mod cons , coffee maker , grinder , blender fridge and everything you need. The best part was the bottle of wine and cold Bintang beer on ice for us for our first night ..... perfect .The pool was pristine my husband who is fanatical about pools couldnt fault it. It is in the best area with 4 mountain bikes that we rode each day to explore the outside . Flapjacks is across the road and all great restaurants in wlaking distance . The beach is a 5- 10 minute walk or 5 min bike ride , you can use the road that has Palm Gardens Hotel on it or thru the Puri Santrian. The best part of the beach and gorgeous to swim is left of Puri Santrian on the other side of cause way , pristine every day.Great chairs to rent and cold beer and water .The staff at Lazy Dog Nyoman & Ayu are 1 in a million , Ayu did all the washing and I cannot beleive the way she folded everything ... I tried to do my undies and can't for the life of me !! I miss then desperately , so does my daughter & husband .

Will I be back ???? 150% we are pencilled in for this Xmas for 3 weeks , best holiday ever . Security guard at gate 24hrs .... watch out for the most handsome one ...... he is very appealing to the eye as my girls informed me~!!! Ha

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank daisy4709
Miranda, Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

My husband & I have just come back from Bali - We hit the jackpot when we arrived at our 3rd place to stay - the Lazy Dog Villa! It is the most beautiful place we have ever stayed in - a beautiful 3 bedroom villa with everything you could want. Fortunately, for us, the owners will let out the villa, even if there are only 2 of you. They just lock the other 2 bedrooms, but you have use of the whole villa, and no-one else. The price increases if you choose to use 2 or the whole 3 bedrooms.
The attention to detail is amazing - I can't describe how perfectly they have chosen to decorate, provide & maintain a place that leaves nothing to add!
Included in the price - P/U & drop off at airport or hotel, generous starter pack which includes beer/fruit juice/milk/eggs/fresh fruit/bread/bacon/eggs/toiletries including toothbrush/toothpaste. The list goes on and on.
Ayu, the maid, comes in every day and even does your washing & ironing. Nyomen, her husband, does the garden & cleans the pool. I wanted to take them home with me!
The kingsize bed is sooo comfortable, and the airconditioning in the bedroom is super cold.
There is a 52" plasma with stereo sound/dvd/cd - so you can play your favourite music while you swim in the pool.
The place was so gorgeous, we had to drag ourself out to have dinner each night - the location is fantastic - not on the beach, but a walk up the wide lane (24 hour security) and you are in the midst of shops/restaurants etc.
Lazy Dog Villa is amazing - it is so great we have booked for a whole week next year, And I would not put up this review until we had booked, in case someone jumped in before us. We just said to ourself each day - we are in Paradise!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
9 Thank SandyL
geelong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

We stayed at the Lazy Dog over New year 2009/2010. What can I say ! Everything was absolutely perfect!

I have been travelling to Bali for the past 24 years and have stayed in all types of accommodation including villas.

This topped the list. It was spotlessly clean, huge bedrooms and bathrooms, a fantastic dining/lounge area. Attention to detail was the key here!

Ayu and Nyoman were wonderful, always around to do whatever was needed but never "in the way".

We arrived to a well stocked fridge for breakfast and snacks. The kitchen had every imaginable appliance and utensil needed. Fantastic HUGE tv with the Bali equivalent of "foxtel".

I highly recommend this villa. 10 out of 10 for us !

Woops - I nearly forgot Ayu did our washing every day which was an absolute treat.

Mandy