“Intense and beautiful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bali Scuba
Ranked #6 of 132 Tours in Sanur
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Intense and beautiful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

My friends and I took the discover scuba dive programme at Tulamben with Bali Scuba in March this year. It was a first for two out of three of us - and while both my friends are swimmers, I'm learning the ropes. Of all the people I spoke to about a dive at the US SAT Liberty shipwreck for over a month, Marianne was the only person who said a beginner could dive there, assuring me that we'd be safe and sound, and have a wonderful experience.

The pool session helped us
get comfortable with the breathing techniques. While my friends learned quickly, I took my time to get comfortable. Our dive master was extremely patient and broke things down for us, one person at a time, gently but firmly pushing us when needed. We had two dive masters for the three of us. Since I was the 'weakest link', I had one dive master, Farish, to myself; while another focused on my two friends. The beautiful thing was that Farish kept a hawk's eye on me and yet let me explore, under water.

We went down 10m, and it was beautiful - hearing ur heartbeat and breathing, the noisy little schools of fish making their way past, the sting ray, little purple algae that coloured my fingers when I touched it, and some corals that stung when my knee accidentally brushed past (couldn't hold my balance despite farish's warning and toppled over ;)).

The ship wreck was stuck in time resting and completely adapted to its new home at the bottom of the sea, covered with corals. Forty minutes between 5m and 10m flew past. Before we knew it, we hit the surface again.

Our very talented photographer, provided by Bali Scuba, brilliantly captured moments - when I was petrified in the pool, my friend praying under water, me struggling and Farish immediately reaching to support, and my friends posing when we finally got comfortable :). Farish, my rockstar dive master and Marianne, thank you both for giving us such a memorable experience.

We'll be back for the open water course as soon as I improve my swimming.

Wish you the best,

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great diving in Bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

The staff of Bali Scuba were professional and accommodating. The dive briefings were clear and easy to understand. The emphasis on safety was valued by me.

The variety of dives was brilliant, the level of organisation excellent and the crew were always attentive.

Overall I was impressed by the quality of the week long trip organised for us by Bali Scuba. I also enjoyed visiting dive sites that I had dived on 5 years ago.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Fantabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We went for our very first dive and our experience with Bali scuba was amazing. Right from the time we connected with them they made us feel so confident.

Our instructor Farish was brilliantly professional yet handled us with a lot of patience and care since we were beginners. My friend is a beginner swimmer too but he managed gently and spent time going through the basic skills till she was confident.

Thank you for this life changing experience. We definitely will come back again :-)

Perth, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Amazing shop, crew, experience - highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Lived a lifelong dream last week thanks to Bali Scuba! Nailed 3 dives starting off with my favourite marine animal (equal to sharks) the magical Manta Ray - the experience was seriously indescribable and priceless. The 2 dives following were also amazing with so much life, plenty of coral and an awesome drift to finish the day.

But importantly, the service and experience from the team at Bali Scuba is incredible. It really made the day. They were all so friendly, the quality of equipment was great and our guide was knowledgable and well experienced. Even the food provided on the boat was really good. Some nice, traditional food but nothing too out there to keep the stomach happy.

I'll definitely be diving with them again - highly recommended!

Chatan-cho, Japan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Open Water Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I took the Open Water Course with Bali Scuba on the 3rd-6th of March and was very pleased with everything they had to offer. The driver who came to my hotel each morning was friendly and prompt, often early actually, and even at Bali Scuba I felt very confident with all the training that was provided and never once felt like I was rushed, hurried, or that what we were doing wasn't safe. When I got into the water and actually had SCUBA gear on for the first time and was learning all the different skills, I had three certified rescue divers in the water with me, which made me feel even more safe. All in all, I was very pleased with everything from the driver, the level of training I received, the lunch I was given each day, the insight provided by other divers and instructors, and the equipment. Everything was great and I will be going back to them whenever I find myself in Bali again!

1 Thank Colin W