“One of the biggest dive centers in Bali”
Review of Bali Scuba

Bali Scuba
Ranked #9 of 167 Tours in Sanur
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have dived with Bali Scuba only once. It's one of the biggest dive centers in Bali and apparently very well known by diving community.

Generally speaking, I'd say they are very good. Their diving equipment and installations are excellent with a great pool where to study your PADI courses.

During the day, we were diving in Nusa Penida island, one of the most interesting divesites in Bali. I really like that I had the feeling that I was safe all the time, as Penida is famous for being a challenging place where to dive. Dive master took care of us and always checking that everyone was ok. The boat crew was very friendly as well, so we had a great experience day (with amazing diving with Mantas!!!). Unfortunately it's not Sunfish season yet, so we didn't see one. :(

It's a good dive center where to be.

All reviews
"boat crew"
in 7 reviews
"professional outfit"

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My friends and I took the discover scuba dive programme at Tulamben with Bali Scuba in March this year. It was a first for two out of three of us - and while both my friends are swimmers, I'm learning the ropes. Of all the people I spoke to about a dive at the US SAT Liberty shipwreck for over a month, Marianne was the only person who said a beginner could dive there, assuring me that we'd be safe and sound, and have a wonderful experience.

The pool session helped us
get comfortable with the breathing techniques. While my friends learned quickly, I took my time to get comfortable. Our dive master was extremely patient and broke things down for us, one person at a time, gently but firmly pushing us when needed. We had two dive masters for the three of us. Since I was the 'weakest link', I had one dive master, Farish, to myself; while another focused on my two friends. The beautiful thing was that Farish kept a hawk's eye on me and yet let me explore, under water.

We went down 10m, and it was beautiful - hearing ur heartbeat and breathing, the noisy little schools of fish making their way past, the sting ray, little purple algae that coloured my fingers when I touched it, and some corals that stung when my knee accidentally brushed past (couldn't hold my balance despite farish's warning and toppled over ;)).

The ship wreck was stuck in time resting and completely adapted to its new home at the bottom of the sea, covered with corals. Forty minutes between 5m and 10m flew past. Before we knew it, we hit the surface again.

Our very talented photographer, provided by Bali Scuba, brilliantly captured moments - when I was petrified in the pool, my friend praying under water, me struggling and Farish immediately reaching to support, and my friends posing when we finally got comfortable :). Farish, my rockstar dive master and Marianne, thank you both for giving us such a memorable experience.

We'll be back for the open water course as soon as I improve my swimming.

Wish you the best,
Karina Monteiro

1  Thank KarinaMM83
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The staff of Bali Scuba were professional and accommodating. The dive briefings were clear and easy to understand. The emphasis on safety was valued by me.

The variety of dives was brilliant, the level of organisation excellent and the crew were always attentive.

Overall I was impressed by the quality of the week long trip organised for us by Bali Scuba. I also enjoyed visiting dive sites that I had dived on 5 years ago.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We went for our very first dive and our experience with Bali scuba was amazing. Right from the time we connected with them they made us feel so confident.

Our instructor Farish was brilliantly professional yet handled us with a lot of patience and care since we were beginners. My friend is a beginner swimmer too but he managed gently and spent time going through the basic skills till she was confident.

Thank you for this life changing experience. We definitely will come back again :-)

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Lived a lifelong dream last week thanks to Bali Scuba! Nailed 3 dives starting off with my favourite marine animal (equal to sharks) the magical Manta Ray - the experience was seriously indescribable and priceless. The 2 dives following were also amazing with so much life, plenty of coral and an awesome drift to finish the day.

But importantly, the service and experience from the team at Bali Scuba is incredible. It really made the day. They were all so friendly, the quality of equipment was great and our guide was knowledgable and well experienced. Even the food provided on the boat was really good. Some nice, traditional food but nothing too out there to keep the stomach happy.

I'll definitely be diving with them again - highly recommended!