“A beautifully cooked meal”

Arena Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 447 Restaurants in Sanur
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Good Food , Good Booze , Food Fun
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Pork knuckle perfectly cooked and presented. Air conditioned/smoke free zone ideal for dining.
International menu - friendly staff. On the main road taxi or transport required, beyond walking distance from hotel strip of Sanur

alitarena, Owner at Arena Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Mr. Greg H,

Thank you for your kind comment, It is so great to read how much you enjoyed your dinning experience at Arena and we are all humbled by your positive comments.
We hope to welcome you again soon..

Best Regards,

Arena Management.

There are newer reviews for Arena Pub & Restaurant

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Compare to Nuri's or Wahaha, I still fancy Arena's pork ribs better. It's nicely grilled and side dishes have been included in the menu. They also serve one of the best escargot I've ever tasted. Ask for more butter sauce, it tastes so rich and dreamy. I also love the place, really appropriate for family dining - they have bar space and pool table.

alitarena, Owner at Arena Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Monica C,

Thank you for taking time to write your kind review and indeed for your positive comments about our food. I am pleased to know that you enjoy our Rib as well as the escargot...
I have shared your comments with my kitchen team, who continue to work hard to improve on the quality and variety of our menu.
Hope to welcome you again soon at Arena

With Regards

Arena managements

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Conveniently located on the main bypass of Sanur, Arena is a perennial favourite with both the local and expatriate community.

One of the most interesting thing about this place is that upon entering, the first dining hall you see is the smoking section. The one in the enclosed area is the non-smoking area. How interestingly different from most restaurants who configure it the other way around. But enough about that.

Back to the food. For starters, we shared the Escargot and Chicken Liver pate. No complaints and no drama here as they were both delicious.

But steaks were what I came for. And steaks were what I was going to have. I ordered the Beef Fillet "Blue Cheese" while the missus had her Angus Beef Rib Roast Steak. Both were wonderful. Thick slab of beef steak, perfectly cooked, simply divine!

Sure it wasn't mind-blowing haute cuisine Michelin stuff. But that would be missing the point. It's a family restaurant, decently priced, has a good selection of food, and delicious to boot!

alitarena, Owner at Arena Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Mr. Jameskenglim,

Thank you for shared your grateful experience at our restaurant, we will always keep our product standard as well as our service to meet our guest expectation, i will be very pleased to share your comment to our kitchen staff regarding your dinner experience.

Looking forward to see you in the near future

With Regards,

Arena Management.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have always considered the Arena to be one of my favourite places to eat when I visit Sanur every 3 months, but this time I was totally shocked and bewildered by the treatment that I and my Balinese fiancee got dining there last Saturday. It was just on 6pm, they were not very busy, and from the moment we sat down the pregnant waitress (who I had not seen before) began her unpleasant manner towards us. We were left thinking what is this womans problem? is it because I am Australian and my fiancee is Balinese? The waitress took our order as if it was just so much of a hassle, then proceeded to the table next to us and took the order from an indonesian couple before taking the orders to the kitchen. I had a plane to catch that eve and really didn't appreciate the waitress not taking our order to the kitchen before taking other orders, but then to our total dissmay, the indonesian couple's order arrive, they had well done steaks, and we had only ordered fish and chips. I've never ever known fish to take longer to cook than well done steaks. So what happened to our order??? For the couple next to us only had to wait about 15 minutes for their steaks to arrive, but it was almost 30 minutes before our fish and chips arrived. So it looked like our order was deliberately moved to the back of the queue when the waitress took it to the kitchen, and ensured others were done before ours. I had a plane to catch that evening so time was now fast slipping away and I was not impressed. It was a total of 1 hour from the time we sat down until the food arrived. This was totally unacceptable and disgraceful service that I had never experienced in all the times I have dined and taken guests to the Arena. So basically we sat down as dinner guests at 6pm and ordered within 10 minutes. Then by the time food arrived and we left for the airport it was 7:30pm. The pregnant waitress who was often just standing around kept staring over at us as if there was something wrong, and once again we were left wondering what is this womans problem. I have always considered the Arean to be one of the best out of a few locations to dine at when in Sanur, but from now on I will not be promoting this place to any friends or collegues travelling to Sanur. Management really need to take a good look at this particular staff members attitude as it will do nothing but bring about loss of business and bad reports or reviews. We did nothing wrong except go to the Arean for dinner before I had to fly back home, and we got treated with discrimintation and extremelly bad service. I know when I am back in Sanur again soon that if I go to the Arean and the same waitress is still working there, I will be walking back out the door and taking my money elsewhere. Management need to know if their staff are being prejudice towards their patrons, and this woman obviously is not grateful to have a job in such an establishment. Shame on you Arena for employing such a person who makes your patrons feel unwelcome, unless they are from the same race.

Dear Mr. Alby,

Thank you for your review after your last dinner at Arena, my sincere apologies regarding your service treat at Arena and surely we have handle that case seriously, especially with the staff who serve your dinner.

We hope, should you be returning to Arena, you will give us an opportunity to create a great service standards to serve you and your fiancee.

Looking forward to see you again at Arena.

With Regards,

Arena Managements

Reviewed 20 May 2014

It was great!! There was a smoke and a non-smoke area and the cinnamon shakes were the best!!! I also loved the big fries and great mayo, it made my day and the salmon there is delicious!! Gotta go back!!

alitarena, Manager at Arena Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Lisa M,

Thank you for your kind comment, I'm pleased to share your fancy experience to our kitchen and bar staff, it's a high appreciated for your compliments and we hope to welcoming you again soon @ Arena