“Good, but not great”

Warung Blanjong
Ranked #65 of 482 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Warung Blanjong has been operating for sixteen years. It is owned by a local Balinese woman, Ketut Mariani, who has lived and cooked in Europe, Australia and Hawaii. Warung Blanjong's speciality is it's Balinese food for which it is justifiably famous. In addition there are Indonesian dishes, some Western dishes and arguably the best hamburgers in Bali. There are Balinese cooking classes available with Ketut and Warung Blanjong does do catering. We look forward to seeing you here to eat with us.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Saw the raved reviews here, and since it was a 10-minute walk from my place, I decided to try it for lunch today!

I ordered the Pepes di Pashi (steamed fish wrapped in banana leave, served with rice). Though the food is good, I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is great. However, for its price (I paid 70,000 IDR for the dish and iced tea), I would say that it's just as good as it gets.

Since I'll be here for a few more days, I'll definitely be trying out other warungs in the area, and hopefully I'll discovera gem in this area in Sanur.

1  Thank Kangsheng

Reviewed 27 May 2014

£10 for 2 main courses and 4 beers. The food was really tasty and the staff very friendly. What more could you ask for from a local warung?

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Went tonight with my wife; she opted for a Nasi Campur and I went for a special Hamburger.
Nasi campur was pretty good (according to my wife) and my hamburger was sublime!!! I choose the Works Hamburger, with crispy bacon, lettuce, tomato and a fried egg...really impressive. Everything was perfect, I really enjoyed.
I had a look on the menu and there is not only balinese food, so everybody has the possibility to chose their favorite food.
Very nice staff and ambience will complete the casual dinner.
Really recommended.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Great authentic Balinese food as well as burgers etc. Good price, great service and right next door to Taksu Hotel.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

On our way back to airport and the wife decided to stop by this restaurant. We ordered two servings of "Nasi Campur" for us and "Bihun Goreng" for my two year old. In my humble opinion--I don't think they taste "Balinese", but more into Javanese as everything tasted sweet from the drops of sweet soy sauce.

We should have gone somewhere better...