“I don't get the joke”

Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Recently taken over
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I read the reviews and the reports so first stop on first day in Sanur was this place. Well we were surprised at the tatty tiny place it was. The beer was more expensive than others. The service was poor. The food was over priced. The memorabilia on the wall is just pretentious tat. I do not think I have ever been so disappointed.

2  Thank Sfoxjones

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stumbled across this place by accident. Wife went across the road for a massage, and I needed a drink.
Ordered a soft drink and Spring rolls, and ended up staying for dinner and many a beer...
Great people, and good food @ Great prices.

1  Thank Bertman1388
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have been going to Bali for many; many years.....I love the place!!!
With all my visits I have never eaten 'western food', because I have never liked any of it.....that is, until I arranged to meet a close friend at The Bali Pub in September 2013. William Mackenzie is the owner.
The many friendly patrons I also met there began recommending to me individual dishes from the substantial menu. I then started a daily ritual to eat there, choosing a different culinary-delight each time: each one a wonder for your tastebuds
The Ribs are to die for...you do not need the knife to cut the meat....because it falls away into the scrumptious spicy sauce that is Williams' original recipe. When you choose the Chicken Curry, it will take your pallet to India on a journey of multiple spice flavours.
The delicious food is only one part of The Bali Pub.
There is fantastic live music every night and fun and laughter can be felt in the air....you are having a great holiday when you are there.
Last, BUT NEVER THE LEAST, there is William. A warm, friendly and beautiful man and human-being, that has a life-history and stories that would take 4 movies to tell.....but there will be a book....LOL.

Go there and try the journey that is The Bali Pub.

P.S...There should be more than 5 rating-stars.

MissT, PERTH, WEST OZ'

2  Thank MissT213
Reviewed 20 September 2013

we met William last visit just before we left.this time we headed down to the bar and had Williams highlander pie and believe me it was delicious and filling also tried the ribs and garlic prawns also lovely.william prides himself in the quality of his food and you will not leave hungry.cant wait till next visit .

1  Thank perthfox
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have eaten at Bali Pub several times. Each time I have tried a different dish. All of the meals have been excellent. The music is wonderful, and the whole place is such a friendly and delightful place to visit. It has turned out to be my favourite haunt in Bali. Well done William.

1  Thank blkwidow