“Good customer service though needs upgrade on the facilities” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Puri Maharani Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #20 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
Singapore, Singapore
“Good customer service though needs upgrade on the facilities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here for a week during my Bali trip with my partner and I can say they offer good customer service and staff were very polite and courteous. One thing that I can recommend is for the owners to upgrade their facilities. Needs a ride to go to town area where you can buy daily necessities/commodities. Overall, it was a good stay and vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank jayemvee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Great little hotel that is far from the main road to provide a quiet area. It is about a 10 minute ride to Sanur, but that is a small inconvenience when you take into account the value for money this hotel gives you. The ride to/from Sanur can be provided free by their shuttle and you have access to a beach hotels services anyway.

My partner was having a birthday (with a zero) on the day we arrived. It wasn't mentioned, but we were given an upgrade to a poolside room. We didn't realise we had gotten an upgrade until we checked what we had ordered later. Thanks Ronnie! It gave a great tranquil view out of our sliding doors. The room itself is spacious, including a large bathroom with large shower area. Bathroom could be musty at times, being an internal room. But that's to be expected a bit in that climate and running the ventilation for a bit cleared that up easily enough.

One intrepidation I had was that other reviews (here on Tripadvisor) talked of the relationship with a beachside hotel as ended. We weren't sure if a new relationship would have formed by the time we got there, but we took the leap in any case. We were pleasantly surprised that they had a new relationship set up with Busakih Hotel, which is a beachfront property. Being able to use their beach, loungers, shower and pool was fantastic. Though the food there is very westernised. Though you can eat anywhere and getting the use of this hotel's facilities is great when you pay the price for Puri Maharani.

Breakfast was good and you are given a few choices with coffee, juice and fresh fruit with every choice. We tried most options and they were good to get you started for the day. We didn't dine for dinner as there are multiple options in Sanur (try the food stalls at the night market, tasty and cheap).

Staff at the restaurant, frontdesk and cleaning are all very friendly and will try to be helpful where possible. Booking a car and driver for the day is cheaper from the City though (you can always get them to pick you up/drop you off at the hotel).

Guiding taxis back is now fine, as there is a basic map on the back of the business card, so just carry one of those around with you.

Thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Flying_donut
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I've only spend one night in this hotel but I've got to say that I really loved it!
Especially the service. A great thanks to the staff for their kindness and welcoming. You've contributed to make my holydays unforgettable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brice L
South Hadley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Only stayed 1 nite there but felt like we could spend the vacation at Puri Maharani! Loved the pool!There wasnt much ppl there so it almost felt like using a private pool!The food and drinks there were great with reasonable price!!!Not far from the Sanur beach area. Hotel provides shuttle bus to nearby places like Kuta, Sanur beach etc.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank kaaate l
Dijon, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Puri Maharani is a very nice place to stay, very quite and very clean. Staff is helpfull and the place is very very quite if you want to rest up. Free shuttle to the beach in another hotel with transat and bar. The restaurant of the hotel is also nice and not very expansive. Howerver there is a little local night market at about 500 meters by foot

Super hôtel si vous avez envie de vous reposer et visiter. Très bien situé pour rayonner sur l'île et/ou plonger. Personnel charmant, chambres très propres et agréables, navettes gratuites pour la plage plusieurs fois par jour ( Besaki Hotel ou vous aurez à disposition transats gratuits et bar ) . Restaurant et bar de l’hôtel avec des prix vraiment raisonnables.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tagaliloo
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Puri Maharani for 6 nights in June. I needed a cheap base to do a few little day trips and be close to Sanur beach. I booked it through expedia very affordably.
Firstly, the location is not Sanur as per the website. Its a15 minute cab ride to Sanur. i believe the suburb is called Topati. I chose Puri Maharani as I had read reviews about the free shuttle bus service to Sanur Beach Hotel, which is a big hotel with an enormous pool. I am a swimmer and enjoy swimming laps in a decent sized pool and of course proximity to beach was perfect to while the day away, but I could not afford the location of Sanur Beach Hotel.
On the second day of my holiday I was told their contract ended and guests could no longer go to Sanur Beach Hotel. I explained it was the main reason I had booked and reception staff were apologetic and said they were working hard on sourcing a new hotel contract. I cannot tell you what the name of the new hotel is, as I utilized the free shuttle service the next day to drop me in Sanur and I organized to take a boat on a day trip to Nusa Lembongan Island instead (a good trip, but be prepared to hire a scooter if you want to see anything. I am an experienced biker so this was no problem).
But, a little off track. Back to Puri Maharani.
The grounds are beautiful, and the staff work tirelessly to maintain it -the sweeping would wake me up every day at 7am and I would see gardeners tending to the beautiful fauna every day.
The staff are wonderful, very customer oriented and honest too - I had filled out the laundry form and dropped off my laundry to reception in the morning and when I came back from my day out in the evening I had my laundry waiting for me and staff let me know I had miscalculated and put too many shorts on the form. and they didn't want to overcharge me. I so wouldn't have even noticed!
My garden view room was very clean and excellent value for money. Huge comfy king size bed.
I travelled alone so it was great for me, although for a couple you would lack privacy when one person uses the toilet, your partner would have the displeasure of hearing every tinkle, if you get my drift, as there is no door separating the bedroom from the bathroom - Just a wall. The room was HUGE! Floors spotless. There was a funny smell that came from the shower water, but it didn't bother me too much. It's Bali and its the tropics.
There's a main road outside the resort but as you go down a long driveway it's a actually very tranquil and quiet which surprised me, and I slept great.
Breakfast was basic but tasty. Served quickly by staff who genuinely seem to care. I got a little bored with it after the first few days as the small a la carte menu doesn't change. But I stayed for 6 days, for a shorter stay it would be
adequate enough. Don't expect big filling American breakfasts.
The pool is clean and cool.
There is free wifi at the pool and restaurant area but it is intermittent. If you had a pool side room there's probably wifi range in there but it didn't reach my garden room up a flight of stairs.
Overall I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank aussiejrb
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

My husband and I arrived in Sanur after a very long day only to discover that the private villa we had rented wasn't exactly as advertised. Thankfully we managed to get out of the booking with no penalties but now we had no place to stay. Someone suggested heading to the Mercur hotel but we didn't like that either. However, I was able to get on internet in their free wi-fi cafe and found Puri Maharini. I booked it immediately!

What a delight. Yes, the room can have a musty odor at times but this is the tropics and that is a problem with many places. However, leave your door open once or twice a day and you'll get it aired out.

What I loved about the place was the peace and quiet, the friendly, helpful staff, our room was right at the poolside, the bed was super comfortable, the bedding perfect for a good night's sleep. They have lovely chaise lounges, a great happy hour, breakfast was more than adequate, the shuttle to the Beach Club is fabulous and the Beach Club that you get with your room is amazing. We had full access to the beautiful pool and area at the Beach Hotel in Sanur for what we were paying at Puri Maharini! What a deal!!!

Just make sure that your taxi driver knows where Tohpati is, as our taxi guy got lost and charged us $10 US because of his mistake. A taxi should be about $4 from Sanur downtown to the hotel.

Honestly, we were beyond happy all week with our choice and so glad that our first accommodation didn't work out. We felt like we won the lotto finding this little gem hidden away in Sanur.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple