“A lost opportunity”

Ranked #360 of 447 Restaurants in Sanur
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Despite the poor reviews, we decided to try it for lunch on a sunny day. The position is beautiful and the sofa seating on the beach makes for a very relaxed setting. But the food is very average as is the service. The pizzas were OK but the bruschetta had no flavour whatsoever. Wont be going back sadly.

1  Thank Ginny R
There are newer reviews for Isola Restaurant

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This venue has a great location but unfortunately it did not live up to my expectations.

We visited this restaurant for lunch on a Sunday and to be generous I can only hope all the staff were trainees.

We stood at the entrance waiting to be seated but gave up and picked a table ourselves. We waited for someone to come and take our order but gave up and I had to approach a staff member to gain some attention.

Despite there being limited patronage, we waited in excess of 30 minutes for our food to arrive. If it had been great I could have been more forgiving but both meals were average at best.

To add to my displeasure, I then had to go and find a staff member in order to pay my bill. I'm sorry to say but it was by far my lest pleasurable dining experience during the two months we were in Sanur.

I hope for the sake of the property, my experience was simply staff having a one off bad day.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We've stopped at this place to have lunch for the great beach view. The meals took forever to come but did taste ok. Another day we decided to get beach club membership for the sun beds (costing 150k that is credited for your meals). My poached eggs for breakfast where overcooked and disgustingly sour. Cappuccino was very small with underwhipped milk. Not to mention the service: after long waits we had to chase the waitress to get drinks menu, cutlery, butter for croissants etc. The place might be fine for a drink or two but do not recommend it for meals.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

we were able to sit in one of the beach front gazebos. The menu is varied with an Italian theme, though the local cuisine was also great. I had lovely risotto. There are comfortable couches and we could have spent hours sipping cocktails and feeling special!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had walked passed this beach café which had gazebos/cabanas (seating for 10) on the beach, there was 1 completely empty, so decided we would have lunch there . We waited nearly 10 mins to be acknowledge, order taken,10 mins for our drinks to be brought out then Bintang was not cold Food was another 10 mins. It was 2.00pm in the afternoon and it was not busy.
I had a very tasty club sandwich & Paul had fish (schnapper) in batter & chips, which he did not enjoy.............batter was thick and greasy.
The breeze off the water and the view were both relaxing and beautiful.