“Review of Villa Seriska Satu”
Review of Villa Seriska Bali

Villa Seriska Bali
Ranked #5 of 139 Speciality Lodging in Sanur
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Review of Villa Seriska Satu”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I visited Bali last week along with my wife and friends. We had booked the three bedroom villa Seriska Satu in Seminyak. From the moment we stepped inside the villa until the moment we left for the airport, the stay was truly amazing. Everything is perfect in the villa. The beds are very comfortable and the sleep quality is very good. The whole villa is very tastefully designed and is very functional as well. The pool area is the highlight of the villa and you can spend your whole day just lazying around. The villa is perfect for big groups travelling together.

Just one small suggestion- there should be a trash can in the pool area. Apart from that, everything is spot on.

Room Tip: The master bedroom is on the ground floor and has a gorgeous bathroom attached to it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
China
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The best choice for those are looking for hotel in Bali. Villa located just few minutes to Sauna beach by bike,and it had just provided some bikes.Rooms size are great,especially the master room.The rooms were all clean and made us comfortable.There were skylights inside the bathroom. We could ask the chef cooking Real Indonesian BBQ to the villa chat around the swimming pool and stars at night.Food was perfect!That was so warm to enjoy family happiness.Otherwise,we could ask the driver to take us to any attractions.And the driver was patience to help us travel arrangements, and provides a lot of good advice. Villa located just few minutes to Sauna beach by bike,and it had just provided some bikes.At last,all the staff are very polite and helpful.We all love the villa.we will revisit next time for a longer period and recommend to friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Villa Seriska (www.seriska.com) is a two story (complete with safety gates), three bedroom villa in the heart of Seminyak Beach. The villas has a small private pool, complete with a pool fence (a big safety bonus for this mom). When I began looking at villas these safety fences were available, but there was always an extra charge (around $25usd per day). Villa Seriska provided both of these at no extra charge. They were both good quality and in proper working order.

The location of the villa is on the end of a quite cup-de-sac that is an easy walk (even with small children) to great food, shopping, and most importantly to a mom-a grocery store, pharmacy, and liquor store. My husband and I were able to run on the sidewalks every day, never running down a busy or unsafe street. It is a very easy 15 minute walk to the beach, again, down safe streets. Also, there is the option of cabs or the car that can be rented from the villa.

Thomas is the driver we were able to hire through the villa. He was with us from the time we collected our bags at the airport until he dropped us off to come home. We were able to get a medium size van, complete with car seats for both boys, for a very reasonable rate. Thomas met us at the airport, helped us with our bags, and helped plan the tours we wanted to see. He was very knowledgable about travel time to certain destinations as well as the best time to go. Thomas also took us to an amazing restaurant on the beach where we had a great meal while watching the sun go down. An added bonus you could watch the planes land at the airport across the water, so my older son was sitting on the beach, watching boats and airplanes! It was a perfect evening for a three-year-old boy.

Thomas was only the beginning of the great staff provided by Villa Seriska. We were also provided with a chef, daily housekeeping, and a villa manager. We had breakfast in the villa every morning (not having to get everyone dressed and out the door for breakfast-win). The selection of food was wonderful and everything was complemented with fresh fruit and wonderful Indonisean coffee. The staff entertained my older son while I fed the baby, showing him how to feed the fish in the pond and even letting him help scramble eggs. What a great stress-free way to start the day. We also had dinner one night in the villa. Because it was a special occasion, a family birthday, I asked if we could have dinner prepared for my son first and ours after he was put to bed. The staff had no problem accommodating this request. They also cooked on a grill outside and in another villa, so as not to make too much noise while I was getting the boys to bed. The staff set up a great Balinese BBQ. My only regret is that we did not dine-in more.

I would be remise if I did not mention the villa owner, Nelish. He was hands on throughout our stay, stopping by to check on us and providing some great restaurant recommendations. His dog, Monster, was a big hit with everyone on the trip as well. We also had a slight medical concern during our stay and without question Nelish dropped everything and drove me to the emergency room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Frisco, TX
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I rarely write a review on Trip Advisor although I consider my wife and I to be travelers who appreciate local culture, great food, exceptional service and to have a high expectation of enjoyment once we have planned our trip.

This particular vacation to Bali was planned by my Son and his Wife who live in Bangkok. As the travel to BKK is such an effort from the States we were happy to have a side trip with their family and we were quite intrigued regarding Bali. To get to my point, I do not intend to go into all the great things about Bali as it is a wonderful experience that we enjoyed so very much.

However, the best part of the trip was staying at Villa Seriska! Like everyone else the key factors in choosing Villa Seriska were the quality reputation and location. While these two factors were A+ in my opinion, the real story is the staff. We took full advantage of their services of a driver and meal preparation for us. We started every morning with a wonderful breakfast prepared for us (I recommend the Indonesian breakfast) which was an event in itself. The food was fresh and expertly prepared and the Chef even let my three year-old Grandson lend a hand. My family surprised me one night with a fantastic dinner prepared by the staff for my Birthday and I only regret we didn't have other evening meals prepared for us as it was the best meal on the trip.

I also have to comment on the driver provided for us for a nominal charge. Thomas turned out to be an outstanding tour guide who took us to temples, rice terraces, a coffee plantation, etc., that made our trip perfect.

In closing I can only say I can't more highly recommend Villa Seriska. Without a doubt it was the best lodging experience i possibly haveever enjoyed.I truly wish we could have them as our hosts wherever we travel as the best part of our trip to Bali was Nilesh and his wonderful staff!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BoomerSooner55
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Villa Seriska Satu is a gorgeous private villa in the heart of Sanur. It is a short (2min) stroll to the beach via a private alley and then through the market. Or, if you want shopping then walk 50 metres in the other direction and you're on the main shopping/restaurant/tourist street. The minute you enter the compound you feel at peace with tranquil water features blocking out any outside noise. The pool is as amazing as the villa. We had 8 adults and 2 children staying and we all had plenty of space. This villa was definitely the highlight of our two week stay in Bali.

The staff are helpful and will do anything to assist you.

We would have given this villa a 5 out of 5 rating but unfortunately the food, whilst good, was always served later than the agreed times in the mornings. This was a bit annoying when we wanted to get out and do stuff early. However, it must have been hard for the chef catering with a larger party than normal. I think we could have managed the time problem by calling the manager to sort it out but we were on holiday and couldn't be bothered.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 June 2014

First let me say, this review is only to serve to as a warning as we were not the right fit for the type of people that should stay here.

The villa itself is very nice looking. The stay itself was...awkward.

-When we arrived the pool lounge chairs were set up with towels nicely rolled and placed on each one with a few in the kitchen. That was the last time we saw those towels. After they were used and placed in the bin to be replaced, they were never to be seen again. After the first swim, we had to go out of the villa to the garage in the alley and seek someone to bring us towels. We couldn't find anyone so we had to call the manager to ask for someone to bring them to us.
-The villas do not have a reception/management office or area. So if you need anything while you are there, you have to call the manager's cell and then he has to send someone to your villa. Unfortunately, when they arrive they are not told what your request was, so then you have to explain to them and wait again for them to bring you whatever you need. Just a silly waste of time, in my opinion.
-You can order breakfast through the villa, but there are only two options: American and Indonesian set meals. The website/reviews said you only have to pay for ingredients but the price was a set $10usd per person, which to me seems like more than the cost of the ingredients based on the amount of food they provide. You have to order 24 hours in advance, which is hard when you arrive at 2pm for check in and want breakfast for the next day. Thus, we had no choice but to have all Indonesian breakfasts. We set the time for 6am as the whole group was getting ready to leave for early tour. The chef comes into your villa (without knocking, using their own key) and makes the breakfast in your kitchen. It was VERY awkward as they did not tell us they were there and it was a villa of three late 20s females. It was unnerving to wake up and find someone in your villa that you did not let in.
-The serving of the breakfast itself was very awkward. The chef waited for 45 minutes for us to come down and sit at the table to be served (like children?). We told the chef it was okay to just put the food on the table when it was ready, as we were all rushing to get ready to leave for a morning tour and wanted to eat as we were up and about. He just stood there and waited, serving the fruit first. He waitied for us to finish the fruit, so he could bring out the main-- did not say this, just stood and watched, so we had to assume that's what it was. It was very, very awkward trying to explain to him that he didn't need to stand there and wait for us to finish each item before bringing the next. He didn't understand at all, but finally told us he had to leave to go fix breakfast for another villa (thank goodness). The food was average at best - we really love Indonesian food but this was quite bland. Maybe he thought he was doing us a favor?
-The master bedroom is downstairs with two doors - one going to the bathroom which is exposed to the out doors and one to the kitchen. Only one of those doors can be locked from inside the room. So, the main bedroom can be accessed from the exterior villa area, which is absolutely terrifying for a young woman staying in the downstairs room alone. Eventually I just stayed upstairs with the rest of the guests because I could not bear to be down there with no safety lock.

The villa is decent, but definitely not for us. If you do not expect privacy within the villa and enjoy being watched and waited on in that way, this is absolutely the right choice for you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank aa130
VillaSeriskaBali, Owner at Villa Seriska Bali, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our villa.

We would like to address the points you raised as follows:

Six pool towels were placed in the villa at check-in time, although there were only 3 guests in your group. Upon request, a further 3 pool towels were placed in the villa. You are correct that, as a private villa, we do not have a reception desk. Therefore, we give our guests a local mobile phone so they can contact us at any time. We also have staff inside our villa compound 24 hours a day: Housekeeping staff from 7am to 7pm and security staff from 5pm to 7am.

We offer the services of a chef within our rates for all our direct bookings. The chef will make breakfast, lunch or dinner, as required, and our guests only pay for the ingredients used. We request at least 12 hours (ideally 24 hours) notice for food order so our chef can purchase fresh ingredients. Unless requested not to do so, the chef and serving staff enter the kitchen/dining room area about 30 minutes before the requested time for breakfast in order to make the necessary preparations. In your case they arrived at 5.30am for your breakfast request at 6am. We are sorry if there was any miscommunication regarding this matter.

Normally our guests like to have their breakfast hot and freshly prepared, so the main course is prepared when our guests are having their fruits and tea/coffee. We are sorry that our staff misunderstood your request to prepare all the food as soon as possible and leave the villa. By the way, we have a sign on the main door which the guests can use if they require privacy. If this sign is placed on the door, our staff will not enter the villa.

As you know, your booking was made via an agent. Due to the discount rate offered, no breakfast or chef service was included in the rate. This was explained to you on arrival and therefore the breakfast was chargeable at US$ 10 per adult.

All the doors to the master bedroom have a lock. There is a lock on the master bathroom door, but unfortunately the key was not in the lock as our guests do not normally lock this door to the bathroom from the inside. If you had requested that this door should be locked, we would have been happy to give you the key.

We are glad that you liked our villa but we are sorry that some aspects of our service were not to your liking. Our staff do their very best to provide a high quality, personalised service to all our guests as confirmed in the other guest reviews.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanur
Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali
#21 of 146 in Seminyak
Mahagiri Villas
Mahagiri Villas
#1 of 139 in Sanur

Been to Villa Seriska Bali? Share your experiences!