“Personal, Professional, and so much fun!”
Review of Joe's Gone Diving

Joe's Gone Diving
Ranked #3 of 154 Tours in Sanur
More attraction details
Owner description: Joe's Gone Diving Bali is a Dutch-owned PADI 5* IDC dive center in Sanur on Bali, managed by Jan and Mirjam. We arrange all your daily scuba diving trips, dive safaris and PADI courses up to PADI IDC staff Instructor on Bali for you. At Joe's, we like you to get the most out of this impressive dive destination and make your precious time off relaxing and fun. How? We always dive in small groups with experienced dive masters & instructors and have excellent facilities.
Reviewed 15 March 2014

There's a very good reason for Joe's stellar reviews! Everyone on staff is knowledgeable, professional, warm, and attentive from the moment you inquire to the moment you wave goodbye after you've logged your dives. We spent a fabulous day at Manta Point & Crystal Bay where we saw 5 gorgeous Manta Rays along with an array of colorful coral and marine life. All of the instructors and guides knew their stuff and helped us feel safe and secure while at the same time making the experience fun-filled and exciting.

Not only does Joe's staff take care of setting up the equipment for you, but their equipment is in tip-top shape. You can tell that they take pride in their facilities and equipment and that they make safety a priority.

I was especially impressed by how friendly and helpful even the boat captain and boat hands were. There was a cooler on board with plenty of water & snacks, which was especially nice in between dives (as was the onboard toilet for those of us who don't like going in our suits!).

When we got back to the shop, we were treated to a delicious Indonesian lunch, which we ate together outside in the garden. Joe's has a way of making customers feel like old friends or family--highly recommended!

Thanks Jan, Mirjam, and all the staff at Joe's, especially Buttons the dog:)

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Did both th paid open water and advanced open water with Joes Gone Diving, they are brilliant! My main instructor Markus was such a good teacher, the hours I spent learning (and making mistakes ) he backed me up all the way, never made me feel like a dill and was so very clear and understandable. Every srep of the way was fun, safe and professional, I cant recommend him enough. My other instructor was Jen who was brilliant, she seemed to be able to see were I was lacking and put a real polish to my diving, great team great divers and great people

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was terrified of diving in the open water and quite possibly the worst dive student ever...however thanks to the wonderful team at Joes gone diving I managed to overcome my fears, have gained some confidence in the open water and in fact love it...its a beautiful world down there. My instructor Med really knew his stuff and he will patiently teach you what you need to know so you can dive safely,with confidence and enjoy the experience. Tulamben and the shipwreck are awesome. From the owners through to the guys who drive the vans, the whole crew are friendly,helpful,professional,supportive and encouraging.You can tell they are people who love diving and really want to share with others the wonderland that lyes beneath the surface of the sea.Thank you Joes Team. A great experience. Highly Recommend.The only thing I didnt get to do was meet Joe.Apparently hed gone diving.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Went diving 2 days running with Joes. First to Padangbai, next to Nusa Penida. My wife came along as a snorkeller on the first day. Joe's were great, easy to arrange everything with Mirjam, and great diving with the crew, especially my guide Ethel, who was efficient, laid back, proficient and a lot of fun. Excellent job, will be back when I'm back in Sanur.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I dived with Joe's in Feb 2013 and both my wife and I completed our Advance Open Water Certification, we had an awesome experience...

Fast forward the clock by exactly a year, Feb 2014, I was back at Joe's completing my Dive Master (DM) training. I chose to complete my DM training with Joe's because I wanted to learn from one of the best diving companies/schools I've ever dived with. The focus on safety is paramount, staff are all friendly and always ready for a smile or a joke.

As per all the other Trip Advisor postings, Mirjam and Jan are great operators, very responsive re all my queries, tailored my DM course training that fitted my schedule and they also have great knowledge around Bali and surrounds.

My chief instructor Markus (I also spent time with instructors Jenny and Medwin), were all great at imparting knowledge in a really pragmatic and fun way. I struggled a little at the start of the course, but they really helped me through some minor difficulties I had.

Ezra and Ethel were also great to be around too, very knowledgeable around local dive sites and marine life.... the ladies in the office are ALWAYS pleasant.... and did I mention the lunches? Nasi Campur very tasty.

It's really sad that with limited holidays that I have to say goodbye to Joe's for another year. But I will be back in 2015 and do some more diving with Joe's.

Highly recommended!! Happy to answer any questions you may have re Joe's Gone Diving.