Arrived to total black-out in the area. Couldn't even shower or change as they only gave me a little tealight candle. Sat in the dark for nearly an hour before the power came back on. As power outages are quite frequent in Bali, most establishments will make sure that they provide guests with enough candles and flashlight but not here. Room was clean but small, bathroom was adequate but had this pump going on and off the whole night and with no door, you can't close off the sound. Breakfast was adequate but the mee goreng was a tad too oily. The owners were friendly enough but not too helpful with information about the area. I asked where I could buy a phone charger on the night I arrived but they said wait till morning. I walked around and found a little shop with what I needed as well as topped up my prepaid number. They called their taxi friend when I checked out for my transfer to Ubud. He was great and drove me around Sanur to have a look see of the area. Luckily we did that because I then realised I had left my phone in the room. Went back to get it and the owner said he was going to email me. Why couldn't he have just called the driver?
Wifi was patchy and unreliable, beach was nowhere in sight and no idea how to get to it via an easy route. Lots of restaurants on the main road outside but again no recommendations or help from the hotel so ended up aimlessly wandering on the stretch of road outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- change Primary photo from ownerphoto edit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kayu Sugih Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kayu Sugih Guest House Hotel Sanur
- Kayu Sugih Guest House Bali/Sanur