“EXCELLENT”
Review of Karma Royal Sanur

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sanur
Karma Royal Sanur
Ranked #46 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I thoruoughly enjoyed staying in RBBC Sanur, during early april 14. The rooms are fresh, and recently upgraded. The service was beautiful, as was the food from the restaurant. I didnt dine in there, but had several evening meals in-room, and breakfasts. They were all awesome.
The resort is in a nice area, and only a short walk from the main body of Sanur's shops and the beach itself. No probs getting to many good restqaurants, bars, laundry service places and the beach.
The staff at the resort are excellent, friendly, helpful and knowdledgeable.
The only one thing I noticed that was not excellent was the internet facility at the resort. I could pick it up on my mobile phone, but not my laptop. I needed, very importantly, a few times to go on my computer, but couldnt. The reception for wireless internet was very lacking..
Given that that was my only negative though, i would still rate the resort highly. One point though, if you can not walk up stairs, you'd best ask for a bottom floor, as the main body of the rooms are all up several sets of stairs, on two floors. I will be back though. Cheers.

Room Tip: room furtherst away from road
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank dalken35
Royal_Resorts_Bali, General Manager at Karma Royal Sanur, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Dalken35, thank you very much for share your feedback of your recent stay with us, it was a pleasure to have you with us, we are very happy to hear that you have a wonderful stay with us,
Thank you again for sharing your feedback so that we may improve our services for all guests and ensure the highest level of comfort.

With regards to internet problem, we have report this issue to our IT and its fixed.

We look forward to welcome you back to Royal Bali Beach Club Sanur again in the future.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed here through my parter parents being members. We were a group of 4 adults and 2 kids.

The services we were provided was exceptional and we were always made to feel welcome. Rooms were well maintained and clean..

Thank you for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank An0nym0us83
Royal_Resorts_Bali, General Manager at Karma Royal Sanur, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear An0nym0us83, thank you very much for your review , we are happy to hear that you have a wonderful stay with us.Our staff take great proud to offer you a great service,therefore your feedback is very important for us.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again.
We hope to have the pleasure of serving you at the Royal Beach Club Sanur in the near future.

Staff and management
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Hidden (or was it Secret) Garden is the name of their restaurant but can just as easily apply to the resort itself. Having read the previous reviews, I was not shocked/worried to be met with the now defunct Korean mart as our cab turned off Ngurah Rai By Pass into the resort premises in December last year. However, I was a bit surprised by the size of the resort (not too big) but believe me this does not take away from its charm in any way. The resort is compact, with rooms in two wings (if you can call them that), a nice pool (with a swim up bar) surrounded by shrubs and trees, and a small restaurant just beyond the pool. Since I had read about the noise that comes off the by pass, I had requested for a room at the back and did get one in the wing away from the road. Though it did not have a balcony, it did have french style windows which we left open when we were lounging in our room.
We had just 5 whole days in Bali and planned to sight see on 3 of those and lounge around on our anniversary (our 10th one) and the day before we were scheduled to leave. Since we checked into the resort well after 5 pm and it was pretty late by the time we stepped out to explore our surroundings, we decided to take the sightseeing package organised by the resort to Kintamani the next day as opposed to looking for taxis outside. We thought we would try getting a bargain with taxis the next day. But, I must confess that our experience with Adi (our guide the next day) was so good that we stuck with the resort packages the other days too. Adi is extremely knowledgeable about local culture and very pleasant and it was wonderful chatting him up. KK (my husband) used to constantly try and pick up Balinese words from him, though not sure how much of it he remembers now. Since we were keen to try Babi Guling, Adi also took us to a place where we get the authentic stuff. Saturdays are busy days at the resort with guests checking in and Adi could not take us for the Uluwatu tour. However, Ngurah was our guide that day and he was good too.
The staff at Sanur are very courteous and helpful; in fact, I would say that they are the resort’s biggest asset. Adi, with able assistance from Wiwin, also organised a bouquet and floral decorations in our room on our anniversary. Though we had limited interaction with Rawih, I would like to give him a special mention too.
We did not eat at the restaurant (except for breakfast on the day we were leaving), since there were plenty options outside, a short walk away from the resort, on the way to the beach. The kitchenette in the room was a blessing indeed since we had to leave by 9 or 10 am for our tours. We used to have a quick breakfast of delicious buns we picked up from shops outside and coffee before stepping out for the day.
Hardy’s is a good place for souvenirs, and they are priced very well too. It sure beats haggling with shopkeepers.
Our stay at Royal Bali Beach Club in Sanur was extremely enjoyable and I would definitely like to return. I would say the only thing that does not work for it is the location (just off the by pass and a fair distance from the beach) but that will not stop me :)

Room Tip: If possible, ask for rooms away from the by pass, and on a lower floor if you find it difficult to c...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Deepa R
Royal_Resorts_Bali, General Manager at Karma Royal Sanur, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Deepa R, thank you very much for your feedback of your recent stay at Royal Bali Beach club Sanur, it was a pleasure to have you with us, we are very happy to hear that you have a wonderful stay with us,

Boulogne
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I knew this small hotel was off a main road so no surprise and it's indeed only a 10 to 15 mn walk to the beach as advertised. As said by other guests, the amenities are excellent and the staff is just so nice:; whether at reception, in the restaurant, in the bar or in the spa, they are always smiling and helpful. My only remark would concern the swimming pool: don't expect to really be able to swim unless you're a very young kid! It's not big enough (picture is hugely over-exaggerated) but it is lovely for taking a drink at the pool bar. I very much look forward to returning to this place if I go back to Sanur, which by the way for those interested is the only place in Bali where you can wake or water-ski (which I did every day).

Room Tip: I was in 112 and wasn't bothered by any noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Dominique S
Royal_Resorts_Bali, General Manager at Karma Royal Sanur, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Dominique S, thank you very for your feedback of your recent stay at our resort. we are glad to hear that you had a great stay with us.

Staff and management
Reviewed 27 January 2014

"Anda mau kemana?" asks the bemo driver. "Royal Bali Beach Club on bypass", comes my reply. The quizikal look on the drivers face is one that I have seen on many a drivers face when wanting to go to the hotel. Like booting a computer, I patently wait for the driver to scan his memory bank, trying to register the name I had uttered with the list of hotels he was familar with. The pause is longer than normal; "on bypass road, umm, Sanur bypass road, near lights". I dont think it is my attempt to speeck in broken english as the Balinese do, that helped, nor did the ambiguous landmarks, none the less, the unmistakable look arose on his face of recognition

Once inside the hotel you appear to have entered a tropical paradise in witch the staff are only too happy to help. After a few days they all seem to become best friends and welcome you to breakfast with a cheerful Slamat Paggi and address you by your name. The food in the hotel is first rate and the swim up bar has many exotic blends of drinks for you to try.

Even though the hotel was dated and slightly run down I think the people make it. Once it has been done up, if that is what is going to happen, this hotel would be by far one of the best small hotels on the island. Would I stay there again? Yes I think I would.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank wonnerfulbali
Royal_Resorts_Bali, General Manager at Karma Royal Sanur, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear wonnerfulbali, Thank you very much for your kind review. We are very delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff take great proud to offer you a great service,therefore your feedback is very important for us.

Staff and Management.
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

It's a small resort but complete with most things that a holiday is made of . Clean pool , large rooms with kitchenettes and great staff. Special thanks to Adi , one of the most helpful persons around .
Massage is good but fix an appt a day prior . Poolside recliners are clean and towels are of good quality. Their taxi service is cheap n good for bali tours. If u forget ,the driver gives u umbrellas n towels at the beach. Did not have meals there so can't comment on them but on the whole nice place to stay. Only one negative point - not on the beach.

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank himani17
Royal_Resorts_Bali, General Manager at Karma Royal Sanur, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear himani17,Thank you very much for your kind review. We are very delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff take great proud to offer you a great service,therefore your feedback is very important for us.

Staff and Management.
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We wondered what we had walked into when we arrived. But once we walked behind the entrance we were totally captivated. The young staff went out of their way to make our holiday a dream. I had a cooking lesson, was taught Bahasa. The service was the best I have experienced in Resort atmosphere. I would highly recommend this Resort to anyone, be sure to ask Agung for one of his special coffees.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Steve C
Royal_Resorts_Bali, General Manager at Karma Royal Sanur, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Steve C,thank you very much for share your feedback of your recent stay with us, it was a pleasure to have you with us, we are very happy to hear that you have a wonderful stay with us,

Staff and management.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanur
Karma Mayura
Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali
Karma Jimbaran
Karma Jimbaran
#9 of 57 in Jimbaran

Been to Karma Royal Sanur? Share your experiences!