“Friendly hotel”

Astana Pengembak Suite Apartment & Villa
Ranked #42 of 137 Sanur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stay here for 5 nights.
The rooms very good and spacey enough for 3 persons.
All staff are friendly and very helpful to give us an alternative activity for our holliday.
Only the breakfast is a bit disappointing, but overall is friendly and location also very a quiet place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank N818SZJames

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Very nice, clean, luxury rooms and long, small swimming pool. Good option to stay.

Only skip breakfast, people are smoking above your food in the kitchen. When we said something about it, they just laugh. Be warned.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Maa120
AstanaGroup, Manager at Astana Pengembak Suite Apartment & Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Maa120,

I am pleased to read that your stay at Astana Pengembak was enjoyable and most everything you have ever expected.

We highly value your comment on our breakfast where unfortunately was not meeting your expectation. We have submitted this issue to related Department to solve and prevent any fault occur in the future.

We looked forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Bali.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel in Dec’13 for 1 night and was our First Hotel in Bali.
Best part of this Hotel was its Rooms. Our Room was quite Big , very spacious, very clean and very well maintained.
Staff was very friendly, very cooperating and very informative and was always eager to help.
In all Hotel was quite good and good value for money. Staff was very helpful and polite.
Surely Recommend this Hotel and would certainly want to stay there in future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Priyank B

Dear Priyank B,

We are glad to read your comment on TripAdvisor that you had a comfortable stay at Astana Pengembak and pleased to know that you love the service from our staff that very cooperating, informative and eager to help.

We thank you for your feedback and will assist us to give and improve our service consistently to our guest.

We looking forward to welcoming you at Astana Pengembak Suite Apartment & Villa on your next trip to Bali.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I really like this hotel. Stayed here for 5 nights. The rooms are very good for the price. Internet is probably the best I had in Indonesia so far. The staff of the hotel is just the best, genuine friendly and very helpful. The location is good with a quiet environment. Shuttle bus and bicycles are available. No complains at all!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kristian7606

Dear Kristian 7606,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and highly talk about Astana Pengembak as perfect hotel that deliver the best value for what you spend. I am very happy to hear that our internet connection is the best you ever had while in Bali. and I am delighted you had a relaxing stay and believe you would like to recommending us to your friends and relatives.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Astana Pengembak Suite Apartment & Villa in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed here in November 2013 and it was our first time staying in quiet Sanur.

Price range - great value for money. We paid around $50 a night and booked online.

Rooms - beds are comfortable, rooms clean (a little damp smell). We rquested a ground floor access room which lead straight to the pool which we were lucky enough to sray in. Bathrooms are very big and clean. The shower was huge with a nice warm and massive shower head. Little kitchen was nice and clean, although we didn't need to use it. TV and DVD/CD player also in room. AIr con was great.

Service - great service. Hotel offers shuttle transfer to but not from, from 11am - 7pm. They were always able to take us to the beach/centre and even too me to the doctor and phamacist. Good Wi Fi service.

Breakfast - we really enjoyed the breakfast and were never dissapointed. I was a bit weary from the other reviews but we were pleasantly suprised. It was too quiet a hotel for a buffet breakfast so they were made to order. You can choose from eggs on toast, continental and fruit etc. Idonesian breakfast was amazing, highly recommed!!

Location - a bit far away from the centre so no restaurants and bars or Circle K within walking distance but the hotel offers a great shuttle service and have bikes available for use. Most of the restaurants in Sanur offer drop off services also which is handy.

Pool - good but in a shady part of the hotel grounds. Was very quiet, didn't see many other people at the hotel while we stayed there.

Room Tip: Request a ground floor access to the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SubiacoWA

Dear SubiaCo WA,

We are pleased to read that your stay at Astana Pengembak was a perfect retreat composed by a beautiful apartment, good breakfast and the most important is the high level of service delivered by our staff to ensure your holiday is memorable.

We highly value your comments and constructive feedback which we believe will assist us to improve our service to all guest.

We thank you very much and looking forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Bali at Astana Pengembak Suite Apartment & Villa.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Visited here for 5 nights this October 2013. We had already been in a Astana in Bali and was looking forward to the stay, well this wasn't the same hotel chain, yes the staff are friendly and have a shuttle bus like the other hotel, the hotel in general had a rough around the edges feel. the rooms are large and great kitchen area. clean and cleaned each day. Breakfast in the other hotel was delivered to the room, this hotel was hit and miss if you are even going to get food. Would cook you a breakfast on request but felt like pulling teeth, also the main restaurant guy tried to sell other activities which weren't on offer at the hotel, spa and days out, no information was provided at reception but this felt wrong. He asked every morning if we were going and he could give us a discount and not to tell the main hotel. This man was the only man of my stay in Bali which made me feel uneasy. The pool area is cover in ants and these are also present on the tables for breakfast and lunch. The pool does get the sun. Wasn't the best when little food was provide at breakfast. Also when coming to pack up at the end of our stay, I had misplaced would be the polite words my reading glasses, I'd had them out during our stay to watch the telly, these glasses were on the sofa area in the room. We reported the issue to reception they rang house keeping and that was the end of the matter, no sorry or if we find out can we have your email address. Lack of interest would be my opinion of the matter. I wasn't happy and felt like this had clouded my view of my time in Bali. The land of smiles also has theft. I understand and could agree maybe I shouldn't have left an expensive pair of glasses round, but the lack of polite communication from the staff would have helped the situation. I don't like giving negative reviews and from my other reviews I'm fair but this place isn't good. I have stayed in the same chain and the service didn't live up to what I've experienced early in the week.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank rachel j
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here for a week, rooms were a nice size and clean. out of the way to the town but had free shuttle bus every day. Staff we friendly and helpful. Breakfast was not great but they would cook you fresh eggs fried or omelette when asked. Pool was an average size but was never full of people so that was great, We were on the ground floor (only two floors) so our balcony door was right by the pool with chairs on the balcony and loungers next to the pool.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank debbie-uk1
AstanaGroup, Manajer at Astana Pengembak Suite Apartment & Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

dear debbie
as management astana pengembak we are thanks you very much for your comment ...
without your comment we dont released what we must to inprouf for our property in the future
best regards