“Lost potential”

Ranked #108 of 139 Speciality Lodging in Sanur
WA
“Lost potential”
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Ours was an Agoda booking, selected on location, which was fantastic. On the beach side of the road, close to restaurants and with excellent parking, it's got everything going for it. Unfortunately, our impression was of a place that has seen better days. Reading other reviews, maybe we got the worst room. It was very large, which is good, but it was very tired. A coat of paint, new bedding and furniture would make a world of difference. A kitchen door came off in our hand while the hanging side of the wardrobe would not open at all. A blind in the bathroom was dirty and broken and served no purpose other than to look ugly as there was nothing that needed screening. Worst of all, the main doors were too small. When they were closed in order to lock, a large gap was formed on one side that a small person or child could easily squeeze through. Breakfast was just ok but wifi was good. Staff tried their best but with limited English communication was difficult. It would take so little to fix all this and make this a really pleasant place to stay. It was so frustrating to see the wasted potential. Even at Agoda prices this was too expensive for what we got. We only came down from Ubud for the night, fortunately, as we would not have stayed longer, nor will we return.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fenny F, Manager at Amansari Villa, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Mr Jayjay163,
Thank for your time for make review for our property during your stay with us.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using it to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
Our building and furniture are quite old, but we will take time next month for renovation when our new building is ready.
Once again thanks for your reviews.
For any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email: fenny_suardika@yahoo.com.sg
Best Regards
Fenny

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

This accommodation was well located close to both beach and shops. The staff were very accommodating and cheerful, nothing was toouch trouble for them. The room was large and comfortable. Hot water was abundant.

• Stayed August 2013
Fenny F, Manager at Amansari Villa, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Stacey
Thank you very much for your review on this forum. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated your nice comments about our hotel.

On behalf of the entire team at Amansari Villa, we sincerely thank you for a beautiful review, and we are looking forward to welcome you soon...
For any Assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly to +62 081236 812 700, or fenny_suardika@yahoo.com.sg

Best Regards
Fenny
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I chose to stay here because I good a very good price, the reviews that I had seen were pretty mixed so I thought "oh well, let's find out for ourselves"
I had booked a room with a large bed and on arrival (which was very late at night) I was taken to a room which was twin share. I then had to chase the young man back to be taken to a suitable room. I thought the room was great when I arrived and I slept incredibly well the first night.

I was very stunned to find out that if I wanted nasi goreng or mie goreng for breakfast I had to order it the night before........in Bali? I found this crazy as did some of the other guests. Fortunately when I did have the nasi goreng for breakfast it was worth it. The staff do not speak much English at all so communication can be very difficult. After the first day there was no hot water at all and I was told that they needed to call the owner to get permission to repair it. The next day it still wasn't repaired and I was told it was because the maintaianance people were working in Nusa Dua.......hmmmmm. So on the third day of no hot water we had had enough and asked for a room change. So the second room had plenty of hot water but the aircon was terrible and the ceiling fan was needed to be used in conjunction with the A/C to keep the temperature moderate especially in the daytime. If you needed respite from the heat you'd be better going into the pool which was very cold or finding a restaurant with A/C. I gave up making enquiries on getting problems resolved......especially as when I went looking for the boys IU found two of them fast asleep in a room that had been recently vacated that they were supposedly cleaning.

If your room is upstairs it has a very high, open ceiling and you get all the live music from the nearby restaurants coming through until late at night. Apparently the downstairs rooms with the twin share beds are much quieter (according to another guest I spoke to). There are not many rooms and they are very spacious with a reasonable balcony area but plenty of mosquitos. The wifi here is exceptionally good both inside and outside the room. The rooms are relatively clean but do need some work for issues relating to peeling paint and water damage, rising damp etc. Be prepared to be fined around $100 if you flush toilet paper down the toilet! The breakfast and pool area is very nice but the banana lounges need repairing.

I too had the experience of the staff being disinterested when I was checking out and they had been given a tip. I had to lug all of our luggage downstairs while they sat smoking and watching, it took my fiance some terse talking in Indonesian to get them off their backsides and help take the luggage to the taxi.

I was glad that I got the room at a good rate as I would not pay the full price. From what I have seen and read about the negative side of the place both on Tripadvisor and elsewhere it seems the problems are ongoing. Would I stay again? Hmmmmmmmm........that's debatable.

Room Tip: Choose downstairs, if you need a double bed just ask them to push the singles together if you prefer...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul_Mega_Smith
Fenny F, Manager at Amansari Villa, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
on behalf of our entire team, i would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important for us,
and we will use feedback you gave us to implement improvement to ensure we offer a better service and experience.
I apologise for the inconvenience due the maintenance of whole villa, it's on our list of repairing.
For the breakfast, all breakfast we served allaminute, for reducing spoilage we suggest guests to order a day before (breakfast other than American).
Thanks again for your review and looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +6281236812700 or fenny_suardika@yahoo.com.sg
Oxley, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We (6 adults & 2 children) just returned from a 7 night stay. We all thought it was just great. We had rooms 7, 8 & 9 which is really a 3 bedroom private villa. It is set a 30 second walk away from the 6 single room villas that you see advertised on the net. We had our own private entry door to the villa, which was fully walled. There were 3 pavillions layed out around a courtyard/pool area. One pavillion was the master bedroom with a huge walk in wardrobe & ensuite with a shower & bath. The second pavillion was 2 bedrooms, each with their own entry door & ensuite with a shower. The third pavillion was the kitchen/lounge/dining area. Each bedroom had a water cooler, TV & large fridge.
Complimentary breakfast was served at the main villa by their pool. It was enough to keep us happy - toast, cereal, eggs any way you liked, juice, tea, coffee etc. We ate there most mornings.The wifi at the main villa was good & we had wifi installed in our 3 bedroom villa for the last few days of our stay - there had been a delay in the supply to the villa.
The manager Feeny was lovely & had a good command of English. The young men who made breakfast & serviced the villa struggled a bit with English, but were helpful & tried their best.
A fantastic stay - I would personally go for the rooms we stayed inrooms 1 - 6 have the communal pool & breakfast area to deal with. It would be great to book rooms 1 - 6 out if you were a large group, the whole 'villa' to yourself.
Location - perfect! A short 1 minute walk to the main street, 2 minutes to the beach. It is situated on the grounds of Villa Shanti / Gryia Santrian - just behind the Wicked Parrot.

Room Tip: Rooms 7,8 & 9 form a private villa - great for larger groups.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gurty71
Raumati Beach, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We have enjoyed our 10 night stay at this hotel. Yes it does need maintenance work done on the rooms and fresh coat of paint would certainly enhance it. Showers are awkwardly positioned and water pressure abit lacklustre.The beds and towels were changed daily. On the up side the rooms are huge and have a small kitchen facility. The pool and outdoor areas were clean and there where plenty of sunloungers for a small hotel. The small outside kitchen area where they prepare the breakfast was also clean.Breakfast itself was okay but the staff have a few problems with getting the food and drinks to you in the right order. However they do have a new manager who is trying very hard to get the presentation back to its former glory and train the staff with more efficient systems etc.
We found the staff friendly and very accomodating -genuinely trying there best to make our stay enjoyable. The position of the small villa hotel is perfect just outside the Griya Santrian, great restaurants and shops right outside and only a 1 minute walk to the beach through an empty piece of land. We paid NZD 80 per night for 3 people including breakfast ( through Agoda) All in all we thought it was good value for money and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have an extra mezzanine floor to accomodate extra beds for kids. But it would not be...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JacquieP
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Poor value for money. Looks promising in photos and when entering property. In reality, bad attempt to make a dodgy place look okay. Rooms not as clean as could be and in need of a paint job. Front doors did not close properly. Were bothered to pay the bill twice, the night before checkout and while having breakfast. Breakfast wasn't good. They had run out of cereals advertised on the menu. We were not even offered help with our luggage as we left. I would not go back to this place or recommend it. For this type of money, I was not impressed and I could do a lot better.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stephanie761
Fenny F, Manager at Amansari Villa, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thanks Stepahie for your review,,,
It our guideliness to improve service and work performance of our staffs here.

And we will be happy serving you better for your next holiday at Amansari Villa.

Regards
Management

Travellers are raving about these Sanur hotels

Amed, Indonesia
Reviewed 10 June 2013

stayed here only for one night in May.
booked on Agoda and immediatley sent an email to secure a baby ccot, was told unable to book them and to ask on arrival. My Balinese husband asked on arrival (so certainly no language difficulties whih the management may blame it on) and was told no they don't have ANY baby cots for the rooms. So as it was just 2 single beds out 15mth old had to sleep on a mattress on the floor, not great with all the electric sockets! Also the plug in the bath in the 2 rooms we had booked didn't work. however the rooms were nice and clean and the staff very helpful but i would never of booked in the first place if i had known they didnt have baby cots.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Emma C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanur
Puri Sading Hotel
#55 of 78 in Sanur
Yulia 2 Homestay
Yulia 2 Homestay
#74 of 135 in Sanur

Been to Amansari Villa? Share your experiences!