“Sudamala Suites & Villas”

Sudamala Suites & Villas
Ranked #7 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
Perth
“Sudamala Suites & Villas”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We've just returned from staying at the Sudamala. It was one of the best resorts we've stayed in. We had a room overlooking the pool; the beds and pillows are fabulous. Each night the staff come in to turn down your bed, place slippers on each side and leave chocolates on the pillow. The staff are friendly and helpful. This resort is really good for couples. Probably not for families as it's quiet. A great place to unwind. Would definitely recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Would recommend a studio suite
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mcauleyb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Gorgeous retreat in the middle of Sanur.

Beautiful rooms! the details of the room and the indoor-outdoor style bathroom is exquisite.

Location is great and the free 2-hour bike rental is also a very nice addition.

I accidentally left a small pendant from my necklace and the staff found it and sent it back to me in Jakarta.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank mmmzzziii
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I love this hotel from the moment I got here. My room looks even better in real life than on picture. The room has a king size bed (very comfortable) with four large pillows, fresh fruits on the table and outdoor shower. Every Monday and Friday there's yoga class. I joined the one Friday at 8 am. The yoga teacher was fantastic!! It I go back to sanur, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Love it!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diep N
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 July 2012

On my second visit recently, the staff welcomed me like an old friend who's come back to stay with them. I love staying in hotels but few make me want to linger like the Sudamala. I could rave about all the little touches they've put in to gently introduce Balinese art and culture to the foreigner - the naming of rooms after Balinese dances, the colourful wood doors, the paintings by local artists - but it is really the gracious yet we-can-do-anything-you-ask-for service that calms the mind and charms the spirit. Just tell the super efficient operations manager Ria that you're celebrating something special, and she'll arrange a romantic dinner in the courtyard with your choice of menu. And it won't cost you an arm and a leg either. If you're looking for padi fields to walk in after breakfast, she'll make sure the driver knows where to take you. Fancy art that is a tad more contemporary than the usual Kamasan style? Visit the onsite art gallery. Or Ria will arrange a tour of artist studios in Sanur or Ubud. She hasn't been able to get a vanity mirror into my bathroom yet - I suggested it on my first stay - but i suppose few people worry about their appearance in the island of gods. I wasn't by the time I left.

Room Tip: Courtyard suites have open showers, their own pavilions and great Balinese art work on the bedroom w...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Susan S
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Our room was amazing, easily the best out of the 4 resorts we stayed at in Bali. Location is just a short walk or cab to the main restaurant area.
The service was unbeatable, i injured myself whilst riding along the beach, and when i got back the manager personally provided first aid and made sure i was looked after, even going back to her home to get antibiotic cream- it was extremely appreciated

• Stayed July 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Sudamala is a hotel that actually is as attractive as its website shows with decently sized rooms, beautiful presentation and lovely amenities. It is well priced for what it delivers and markedly below the price of any nearby hotel of comparable standard. I was a solo traveller and from the moment I was collected at the airport I was well cared for. Their meals are nicely put together, the Spa is a real treat for frazzled nerves and the staff are friendly. Everything is beautifully clean and having the beachfront so close is another plus. I was told that this hotel has only been open about 8 months so relatively quiet as it is not yet included in the tourist packages – so very peaceful for Bali at this time of year. Unique to Sudamala and one of the attractions for me is that they offer Kandaluni yoga. I had never done it before and found it to be such a positive experience I hope to continue.
One observation however is that they need an onsite operational manager to supervise all the areas working together and to ensure its smooth running, especially in busy times. There are some rough corners to its operation such as the beach and misunderstandings caused by language/cultural differences (for example a tour is really a driver arrangement only).
I also recommend Sanur if you want peace and to really relax. It is an older tourist part of Bali. Although it has the modern hotels and restaurants it does not have the same loud noise, late night action or number of tourists. It’s emphasis is more on water sports and Balinese spirituality with reasonably priced shopping, bars, restaurants, spas, tours there as well. However, Bali urgently needs to put back some of the considerable profit it has taken from the tourist industry into related infrastructure with the most obvious being the airport. Geographically close areas are becoming preferred destinations due to this and cost.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank SingSlinger
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This is a brand new hotel, located in the center of Sanur, yet very quiet once you go inside. I like quiet places, so I was a little hesitant when my wife proposed that we spend a couple of nights in this hotel, but fortunately turned out to be a great decision. The only loud thing in the room was the fan, so we didnt use it at all. The Balinese music played quietly in every corridor of the hotel was a bit annoying for me, but it was switched off in the evening. Thats the only mini complain that I have about the hotel. Everything else was great!

The rooms are big and the furniture is the best we have seen in any Balinese hotel. We loved the outdoor shower.

The pool is not big, but its enough to have a nice swim.

The breakfasts are nice, but if you get bored you can go to tens of places that are literally on your doorstep! We have tried couple of restaurants in Sanur and we recommend the authentic italian place called Massimo, the restaurant and spa at http://www.kamuelavillas.com/ and CharMing restaurant.

Sanur is a good base for scuba diving. I have been diving with http://www.diving-indo.com/, a polish dive centre. They speak English and Russian and have very good equipment so I was very happy with them.

The hotel provides bicycles, free of charge for up to two hours. If you want you can rent scooters in many places outside the hotel. They also have yoga classes in the mornings, two or three times a week.

The staff are all very nice and always helpful.

All in all a great stay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple