This hotel is located quite nicely right at one end of the big tourist track.
We (my wife, our 10-year old daughter and I) stayed there for 4 nights in a Deluxe Garden Suite.
- Big and spacious room
- Very clean and well equipped (big flat screen TV, all toilet amenities, real king-sized bed, instant hot water)
- Good, well-sized clean pool (approx 22 m long)
- Small veranda with good privacy
- Open bathroom incl toilet (though some people seem not to like it because of mosquitoes)
- As the hotel is quite small (boutique) it never felt crowded (pool and breakfast/restaurant)
- A la carte breakfast
- They call for steep prices everywhere (spa, drinks, food, travel)
- Friendliness of staff varies often in between very friendly and polite disinterest
- Lobby is very small and can only serve one client at a time
- They appeared not be well organized on billing issues (due to early ckeckout we paid the night before and got the last night handwritten added to bill which next morning caused trouble)
- On arrival we got charged an extra 60(!) USD per night for our daughters bed. Even that we bargained them down to 45 USD we were very disappointed as we weren't told when we booked the room
- Not helpful on travel information as they seem to protect their own associated, over-priced drivers etc.
A great hotel for relaxing without the typical international 5* chain-hotel woes. But quality of service seems to vary a bit too much for 5*. If you need/want to go to Sanur (which itself is quite a greedy ripoff place) this hotel is a good choice.
OT: I strongly recommend to skip places like Sanur, Kuta, Nusa Dua and the like copmletely as they became overpriced tourist traps over the years (well, Nusa Dua always was). But this is a different story.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the calm and relaxed environment of Sanur where centuries of Balinese art and cultural history have been nurtured, Sudamala Suites & Villas, Sanur offers you the perfect home for your Bali getaway. Like the environment that surrounds us, we have taken great care to preserve the artistic and traditional values of Bali into the design of our resort. So we invite you to stay in one of our spaciously elegant and cosy rooms and immerse yourself in our cultural soul or "Taksu" as it is known locally to experience our dedication in friendly local hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, ACCOR, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sudamala Suites & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sudamala Suites & Villas Bali/Sanur