“Abian Spa”

Ranked #73 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
Seattle, USA
“Abian Spa”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I want to give a huge thumbs up to Abian Spa in Sanur. It’s part of a very small hotel that goes by the same name. My wife and I had done some research here on spas with Tripadvisor, but had problems locating the recommended venues. Our hotel, Griya Santrian, in Sanur, recommended it, but I was a little reluctant thinking they might be motivated by a commission. Bottom line, we had a couples massage, same room, 90 minutes, Swedish style, that was most exceptional. Private room with shower, quite quiet, and best of all, highly competent massage therapists. I’ve had many massages in Asia, and this experience ranks right up there in the top 10. Total cost was 360,000 rupia per person for 90 minutes, or about $30 each. They will pick you up and take you home afterwards…no extra charge. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Was the most cost benefit hotel I have stayed in Bali. Although sanur not a city to be a tourist sightseeing (heavy traffic), the hotel is well equipped, with air conditioning, dvd, tv and a bed and A good breakfast! Nicely surprised with this hotel. Enjoyed.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Its just behind sanur night market, so we walked about 5mins to eat really good cheap local food. The mee bakso to die for! K mart just a stone throw away, and joe’s diving just opposite.

Rooms were little rundown, don’t expect too much though, and beds abit hard too. A lot a lot of mozzies, which I tink cant help it.

They have a pool but just don’t feel like using it if you get what I mean. Overall, the location is GOOD!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Yeppoon, Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Abian Srama is my preferred hotel on my Bali trips. I travel alone and feel very safe here with 24 hour reception and security. The rooms are spacious and clean, with air con, small fridge, TV and free WiFi. All the staff are friendly and helpful and breakfast is served from 7 am to 11 am with a good variety. Free bikes are available for use by guests and the beach is close by. The night markets are next door, many restaurants within walking distance and a 24 hour convenience store 50 yards away. I have read about mozzies in many reviews but they have never worried me because I light a mosquito coil each night. It is Bali, it does rain and mozzies are just part of that. There's a small pool which has recently been done up and I always found it clean. There is a pick up service from the airport and they will also arrange for your trip back to the airport, both ways at reasonable rates. I'm more than happy with my stays at Abian Srama and consider it good value for my money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kelly G
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and I booked through AirAsia 2 months ago, both flight and accomodation at Abian Srama Hotel and Spa. When we arrived there, the manager told us there is no available room, and put us up at Sanur Indah Hotel. We argued on how he made the room available to others as it has been booked and paid for, he did not seem to care much about our concern.The entrance to the hotel looked like a brothel entrance to me! The room shocked us, it was cramped and bathroom very so narrow. We requested to be given a proper room as we had paid for our room at the previous hotel, the Abian Srama Hotel and Spa. But the manager insisted we stay here. We were so pissed off and to make things worse, the breakfast was only toast, coffee and butter and jam, when we told the supervisor we wanted to have breakfast at the Abian Srama Hotel and Spa, he said we can't do that. But when we checked with the supervisor at the Abian Srama Hotel and Spa, she said we could. We were very unhappy because we did not get what we paid for and I hope AirAsia will remove them from their list of hotels. Its degrading! The manager threw in an hour's massage free for us as he could did not want to compensate the booking fee. From then onwards, we hardly stayed in the room. To all travelers out there, please avoid this place, as you can get a whole lot of a better deal for the money that you are paying for this absurd hotel. It only looks good in photos!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank prema2873

Travellers are raving about these Sanur hotels

Mooloolaba, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed in a deluxe for 4 nights and we were very satisfied.

Pros: Very convenient with 2 free bottled water provided in room each day (free unlimited bottled water available in dining room all day), free umbrellas to borrow, room was serviced/cleaned everyday. We quite enjoyed the free breakfast, lots to choose from.. The lady that serves breakfast was lovely. Bed was very comfy. Room had minifridge and aircon, desk, two sinks, and shelves to put clothes. We were quite satisfied with the cleanliness/condition of our room. Safety deposit box at reception. Reception open 24 hrs (I think). We felt very safe at the hotel. Location was great, less than 10 minute walk to the beach and 5-10 minute walk to tons of great restaurants. Definitely try Warung Little Bird if you have the chance. 15 minute walk to Hardy's (local fixed price supermarket). Spa was amazing and you get a discount if you stay at the hotel. 1 hr massage = 80,000RP.

Cons: Staff very friendly/polite and always smiling although a few of them were hassling us trying to get us to use their friends as drivers. Got ripped off by one of the drivers on our first day because we didn't know any better. No maps at reception. I asked them to call us a Bluebird taxi and they said they couldn't call Bluebird (I even gave them their phone number) but could call another taxi company. No mosquito nets. We often saw mosquitoes but didnt need them because we brought mosquito coils with us and would burn one every night on our balcony and would wear bugspray to bed every night and this kept us from being bitten. TV in room was very blurry. Bathrooms had these scented balls on the floor which I think are meant to absorb bad smells. At first we liked them but after a few days the smell of them got nauseating and all of my clothes stunk like those balls. Keep bathroom door closed. Manicure at the spa was a waste of money (nail polish never dried) but massages were great!!!!

All in all - great value for price. Would stay here again. Obviously don't stay here if you're expecting a 5-star resort. But if you're looking for a decent place on a budget in a great location then this is it! We weren't expecting much (based on the price) but we were pleasantly surprised. For us, the pros outweighed the cons, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I am very happy with everything of this hotel. Good Location, good value for money, good breakfast. Quite near to Sanur Beach, almost 15 miniutes walking. Near to eateries like Pizza Hut, KFC and local foods. The tour operator's office is also very near, so you can plan your tour easily.

Rooms are clean, quite big. Best part is they provide umbrella and water (every day) as complimentary. I can assure you both are very important in Bali. Staffs are good and helpfull. But I expected them to be better in English

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travellor_bd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanur
Puri Mango Hotel
#51 of 76 in Sanur
Sukun Bali Cottages
Sukun Bali Cottages
#62 of 76 in Sanur

Been to Abian Srama Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!