Katala Villas
US$32
US$22
Segara Village Hotel(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$169
Griya Santrian(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$107
Agoda.com
Prama Sanur Beach Bali(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$274
US$199
Agoda.com
Bumi Ayu Bungalows(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$41
Agoda.com
Taksu Sanur Hotel(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$55
Agoda.com
Puri Kelapa Garden Cottages(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$43
Hotels.com
Nesa Sanur(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$37
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe main streetbedroom villaprivate poolmin walkbars and restaurantssmall lanehidden awaylate checkwe've stayedbig hotelnight staytorchketutsupermarkethardyslanewaybali
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Our agent booked us a 1 bedroom villa at Katala 6 months ago. When we arrived we were unwillingly moved to a sister villa called Villa Tulip which was faraway from the Main Street and next to a construction site because they said Katala Villas were full.

I was upset as this wasn't what I paid for. The day got worse since although the villa is cosmetically attractive, the water in the bath stank like sewage, the tap was broken, the Airconditioning in the living room blew warm air instead of cold and to top it all we found two cockroaches next to our luggages in the bed room in the morning.

The villa manager offered to move us to another villa but we've had enough of their villas at the time. Our agent moved us to a nearby beach hotel the next day but I feel like my holiday is ruined. We are spending much more than we anticipated because the hotel has no kitchen for me to cook meals.

Please be aware that there is a resort construction happening at the moment next to Katala don't book there. The staff do lie to cover things up, I've been given different information, so make sure that you get what you paid for before you reach there.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Emelyn18
Reviewed 18 May 2014

What can I say picked up at the airport, took us 3 hours to get out of airport, smiling faces welcomed us even after the long wait. Breakfast yummy, my partner loved the Indonesian brekky

Rooms cleaned daily, great outside shower, and the pool, wonderful, daily swims a must

Very secure and safe, an easy walk to the main road, close to Hardy's, bars and restaurants

Was our second stay and won't be our last

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim L
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We liked Katala Villas because of the location in a quaint little neighbourhood where you get a glimpse of every day life as you head to the main road (10 mins max) and to the beach (another 10 mins). It was great value. I got a 1 bedroom villa (villa 2) for $149 + taxes per night from Expedia. Try to ask for a villa away from the very front, as previous visitors had noted, it would be a bit noisy being directly on the busy lane way. The staff were very nice, WIFI didn't work the whole time (2 days), coffee is Nescafe - but a charming spot. I'd recommend my friends to stay there. It's very close to Hardy's. Everything you could want is there including alcohol, fresh fruit and veg, all the usual supermarket fare. There is also a DVD and book store. Oh and great coffee and wifi on the main road. Ask for Bali latte. Delish.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom go for Villa 2 - away from the lane.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank huwakibe
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Fortunately the taxi driver knew where to go as I would never have found the villas by myself! Lovely peaceful location not far from restaurants, supermarket, and 20 mins walk to the beach. The pool was bigger than I expected for a private villa and quite deep. Around five foot all over. There was plenty of shade in the garden but easy to find some sun almost all day. The breakfast was excellent with fresh juice and fruit with a cooked option to compliment. The team who look after you cannot do enough for you. They helped us book tours, advise on where to go and fixed a few minor internet issues very quickly. The pool pump broke so we were without a super clean pool for one day. These things happen and it did not spoil our stay. We kept the fridge stocked with cold drinks and had a great time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Location is prime , just 10 mins walking distance to main road and many restaurants located on the main road, 20 mins walking distance to beach, the other advantage is the big supermarket is just nearby the villa. However, there is a little bit quiet at night as the villa is hidden in the middle of a small village. Overall comment is value for money if you are looking for a private swimming villa.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple