“scam gone wrong”

Parigata Resort & Spa
Ranked #20 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Do not stay at this hotel

My items were stolen, I knew they were stolen the second i came back into the room. I immediately called downstairs , asked reception to phone the police and that the manager should come up immediately...20 minutes later when neither had happened I went down to reception, and, trying to keep my 'Bali balance' as the manager ignored me and the front desk receptionist laughed at all this...she was laughing at this. whhhhat?

The manager, who refused to call the police, asked 'if i had had a problem with anyone in the hotel' i replied that i had not and clarified that not only were my items stolen, someone had taken a very long time to go through all my personal belongings to find these items and then attempted to put everything back in order after snatching the items so as not to be noticed (no dice)

stupid i was and lucky i was, first i did not use the safe as it was locked and the receptionist which i felt i had already bothered earlier that morning with a slight bug problem in the room, i didnt want to bother her by asking her to reopen the safe which was locked upon my arrival the night previously. I knew i was only out and about to drop off laundry and be back soon... never again thats my lesson.

between 11-4, all doors to the hotel room were locked, the room had been cleaned.

Down at reception after the question about 'did i have a problem with other guests' and the totally relaxed stance of the manager (not to mention laughing assistant) and much time passed, he finally said that he had to check the safe upstairs to be sure so all this bla bla and we now go back upstairs after about 45 minutes from my initial call from the room. I at this point did not ask but told this manager to get whomever cleaned my room (and any other employees who may have been in my room for whatever reason from 11-4) to make themselves available.

The manager finally accompanied me back to the room and first thing i noticed was the head of housekeeping outside the door of my room . next we enter and , geeeez, low and behold the bag of missing items magically appeared on the top of my suitcase definitely not where I had put/hid it and definitely not there when i left the room when the manager did not show up .
and gee whiz the housekeeper did show up and just happened to be there too, even though he would not look me in the eyes

first,what a relief
then
what a total scam! I think the only balance i had here was my NY dont take advantage of me stance which is the only reason the bag reappeared.

very sad, very big problem especially as it seems to me as management is in on this little game

do not stay here some of their employees are not trustworthy
I have never posted a review of this type and it is a shame that i have now had to;
shame on you

Room Tip: inside scams stay clear of this hotel there are many others in the area
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
14  Thank allgoodandthensome
There are newer reviews for Parigata Resort & Spa

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Parigata was a lovely introduction to sanur, Bali. It's not beach front but very short walk alongside the resort. The room was spacious and shower/bath was wonderful. Cleaned very thoroughly each day and bottle of water replenished. The pool was at our doorstep. It was a quiet time of year however could get noisy as right next to neighbours and 2 levels above. Also there was construction on our side next door. The breakfast was tasty. Happy hour great for cheaper hot drink at 5-7 pm. Unfortunately the resort massages were expensive ($30+) whilst $15 across the road at reputable centre. I would come back

• Stayed: January 2014
5  Thank angela w
Reviewed 16 January 2014

A four star rating is exactly right for this hotel conveniently located at the beginning of Sanur. There is building work going on both sides but this never bothered us. Not quite tip top but certainly delivering on many levels and definitely very good value for money. It is a small hotel and every room looks onto the fantastic pool. The beach is a three minute walk away. To get to their beach club it is a ten minute walk or use the free hotel shuttle bus. The room was large and very clean although the tiles in the bathroom had been repaired over the years which made it look at little ragged. There is a fridge, in room tea & coffee making facilities, free bottled water and towels replaced daily. Overall everything was very clean and tidy and we were delighted to see them making an effort to keep the mosquitos at bay both in the grounds and by offering to spray our room at night. The breakfast was very good, with a wide variety of choice, although strangely the crispy bacon was only available every other day?! Our air conditioner worked perfectly and a small problem with our veranda chair was fixed within 15 minutes. Our safe was bolted down. The staff were delightful and able to help with any of our requests. So why only a 4* ..... the internet - which could best be described as temperamental. There were 2 modems - one in the lobby the other just above the pool bar but there didn't seem to be any consistency as to why the service was working or not. Overall the laptop fared best - the ipad had problems most days. That said - highly recommended especially at that price

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elsiek
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Why would you go here?
The Baths are cracked along the full length
The air con is under sized.
Their technicians left after 2 hours to find nothing wrong! But they left leaving the access panels open exposing live electrical terminals!
The safe is not bolted down!
Paint is peeling off the walls.
No Wifi in the rooms.

Just don't bother!

Room Tip: No Wifi in the rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy C
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is a lovely hotel set between the shops/restaurants and the beach, the rooms are large, clean and comfortable and the service is excellent and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed relaxing by the pool, the bar staff ensured we were fortified with cold beers as and when required.

The location is ideal as a base from which to venture into the heart of Bali and in the evenings there are a number of restaurants and bars within easy walking distance as well as a multitude of shops and cashpoint machines.

At the moment there is a large hotel being built next door which spoils the look a bit as well as having the usual building noises going on but neither of these spoiled our enjoyment of the Parigata.

I would certainly recommend a massage whilst at the hotel, it was excellent and so relaxing that they had to wake me up !!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room which made access to the pool much quicker !!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duncan P
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Booked this place after arrival in Bali for one night.Price was right and wanted to try something new
Didn't have great expectations.It is a typical small Balinese hotel- beautiful landscaping,friendly and helpful staff And Oh,the pool! I am a sucker for waterfeatures in a pool.This one had spurting fountains and a waterfall,
It was very quiet in Sanur(just the way we like it)andthe hotel itself was an oasis of calm
Despite ongoing construction I heard nothing from my roomor even the pool area
Our room was very clean,and looked updated.No mouldy shower like the one I had on a prior visit to a beachfront hotel
We got a first floor room,poolside.Don't know if this was a standard room or an upgrade.Loved being so close to the bar,pool and restaurant
It is a short walk down an adjoining lane to the beach or you can take a shuttle,which the hotel supplies
I thought the breakfast was good with made to order eggs/omelettes and a selection of western and indonesian dishes.The fried rice was yummy
Also had lunch there,very reasonably priced. My hubby had the chicken curry,which he said was just OK, and I had a club sandwich with fries which I liked
Managed to squeeze in a spa visit and really enjoyed it.The rack prices were pretty high but there were plenty of specials.I had the jet lag special with emphasis on the legs which was 170k(<$15).
Know there were cheaper places on the street but not as convenient.The spa smelled wonderful,very nice surroundings with calm music playing.A very enjoyable experience and much appreciated after a transit time of 36hours to get to Bali!
We were moving in to Ubud and needed a driver.Usually not a problem,but this was a holiday(Kuningan)and I saw nobidy on the street offering transport.The hotel arranged everything and even let us check out late
A great experience and I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank judik
Reviewed 9 October 2013

When we arrived at Parigata it was a typical of many Bali Htl arrivals, pulling down a narrow private driveway off of a bustling and busy main street dotted with interesting looking bars and restaurants.

Reception was very welcoming and the welcome drink well received. Staff were both friendly and efficient and soon had us and our luggage spirited away to our room on the ground floor adjacent the pool area.

First impressions of the quiet, tranquil gardens and pool area were good as we walked through en-route to our room.

The porter delivered us and our bags then proceeded to explain the facilities including our in-room safe (big enough for even my laptop). The room had a nice touch with the usual free water daily, bathroom goodies, and a good efficient fridge with small freezer compartment.There was also a good flat screen TV with the basic channels and phone with free local calls (which we used for contacting our dressmaker).

The Hotel in general was quiet and certainly lended itself to a quieter style of accommodation, no hoards of noisy kids or adults for that matter. The age group was varied but the theme was the same, just people waning to have a relaxing friendly and quite stay.

The Bar adjacent the pool was basic but never faulted when asked to provide the customary poolside cocktails etc.

We ate in the restaurant the first night but if I had anything to complain about I would say that the Chicken Curry that we had was somewhat flavourless and disappointing however with so many nice places to eat nearby it really didn't matter. There was a guitarist most nights but again this left a but to be desired, competing with some great local artists at the nearby bars & restaurants.

Our room opened out onto a small balcony which then led straight out onto the pool area and this was great for late afternoon drinks followed by a dip prior to getting ready to go out in the evening.

While we were there the new bar area alongside reception was being refurbed with an interior waterfall and comfy seating area. There was also a Grand Piano there but we never saw this in action.

In general, this was a hotel that I will happily return to and think that it was good value for money for what we paid. (booked online through agoda or similar).

NOTE:
There is construction going on next door of a hotel or similar, whilst I can see that this might be an issue if you go bed at 8:00PM or like to sleep later in the morning I would have to say that it did not really bother my wife and I. We were on the opposite side of the hotel from the construction and most of the noise would have been whilst we were out during the day.

Room Tip: I would pick one of the ground floor rooms opening onto the pool given an option.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple