“Birthday holiday”

Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Sidcup, United Kingdom
“Birthday holiday”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

My Wife and myself stayed at this resort 4 years ago and so my 50th birthday We took 5 friends back with us. We all had a great stay (10 nights). One night we had a party in the Hotel and the food was bang on and so were the staff. The Beach and pool were good. And so many places to eat and Taxis if needed are always there. Great place to chill.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Baldrick25

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I've stayed at this hotel before and it has always been good, but this time (Nov 2013) it was even better. the customer service has improved and is fantastic. All stall tended to our needs and made our stay even more enjoyable. It's well priced, and clean. One of the better hotels in Bali, and I've stayed at around 20 different ones over the years. I would not stay anywhere else now. + Sanur is the perfect spot to get the breeze.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank TrishNa4
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

we a family of 6 -4 adults and 2 kids stayed in this lovely place in November. It was all excellent from it's staff to the surroundings. A special thanks to Mr Kader who through e-mail managed to oblige to all our requests. Very peaceful and clean .They even fog the place for mosquitos . Everyone is smiling .Spa was great too. Beach clean and beautiful. Just outside lovely restaurants .Overall the best hotel we have stayed and we are sure to be back

Room Tip: the premier deluxe room is good, and be sure if you have kids not to book the santrian club room as...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank ranjit71
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed here with my sister in November 2013.

The resort is the perfect size for a relaxing holiday. The staff were incredible. As the resort is not too big, you get to know the staff. The concierge seemed to be around all the time, at breakfast, at dinner, at check-in and check-out. It was lovely to see familiar faces throughout our stay.

Even after we had checked out, of of the staff members asked us what our plans were for the rest of our trip and provided us with tips for the rest of our stay in Bali.

The pool and beach front were both picturesque.

The yoga in the beautiful gardens is a must whilst staying here. And it's free!

The breakfast food was yummy and the view is incredible! We also attended a traditional Balinese dinner with traditional Balinese dancing show. The food was really good and there was a good selection of foods at this buffet dinner/show.

The restaurant at the front of the resort was ok. I wouldn't have eaten there again. But this was the only thing that wasn't outstanding about our stay.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, so we had a beautiful view of the gardens and pool from our balcony...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank NadiaAlex11
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Never have any complaint on my 3-day stay at the hotel. Very nice and peaceful area. The room was superb and equipped with internet. The surrounding was green and designed with artefacts. Best of all is the service mind of the hotel staff, smiling and greeting. Waliking around the hotel is safe. People are friendly. A really good place to relax and enjoy the nature.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Nimit972
Jackson, MS
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I'm not a resort person, yet I did not leave the resort for the two days I was here. So that tells me I liked Puri Santrian. First things first, the service, when I got there, was so very helpful. I had a little meltdown because I was missing my passport, and they helped me figure it out! I was stressed and frazzled when I got there, and they made me feel so much better. One young woman, in particular, was so very sweet to me.

Thanks to the kindness of the staff there, I stayed in a club room, which I really enjoyed. The pool was beautiful I thought. So relaxing. The room was very nice with fruit and robes (I ended up buying). It was perfect for me with mosquito net. Liked the bed, liked the bathroom, liked the little patio facing the pool. One thing I can say is that the wireless was the best I had experienced in all of Bali. But I needed an adaptor. Which apparently was hard to get my hands on. I had called and asked. They said they would let me know, and the next day I went up there after not hearing from them and they had one. So then they lost a few points on the service category.

I loved the beach and read for hours on those beds and even those floating things out there. I cannot say good things about the service at that restaurant by the beach, nor the food which might have been tainted by the service. I am pregnant though so take what I say with a grain of salt (irritable and hungry all the time).

I did think the breakfast was filling and delicious though.

Wasn't so impressed with spa, but spa experiences vary so much in Bali.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Liza1717
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

After three magical days in Ubud we unfortunately finished our short holiday with two nights at this overrated hotel. After three stays in Nusa Dua on previous holidays we were keen to try somewhere different and selected this resort based on good trip advisor reviews. I had booked a beach wing room based on tips by previous reviewers who suggested the rooms were better located away from building noise on one boundary of the property. Upon checking in, we were served by two unwelcoming staff who could not raise a smile, not a good start. We were offered an upgrade to a bungalow. Checked it out and close to the construction site and an external toilet block that smelt that serviced the pool area. No thanks, asked to stick with the original booking in the beach wing. Our room was dated, nothing like the pictures on the internet of a typical double room. It was bland, dark, dingy and completely lacking in any attractive features. It had no bed cover, just white sheets, no cushions on the chairs, nothing whatsoever pleasant about it. It had a TV set that was at least twenty years old, no flat screen in this day and age!!!!! Photos on Internet showed flat screen though. There was mould in the shower, a lamp that didn't work and if you did not have every light on at all times you were in darkness. The view from the balcony was of roof tops. No garden no pool view!!! I should have complained straight away but didn't. I wasn't confident in fact of what else we would be offered. The smorgasbord breakfast was the worst we have ever been offered in an Asian hotel having stayed at many equivalent rated hotels over the years. Limited boring choice served once again in a dark dingy room that was located very closely to the smelly offensive toilets previously mentioned. For $150 Austn per night in Bali for a room of this standard was outrageous. This hotel is not located closely to the lovely beachside restaurants in Sanur. You need a bike to get to them. There is very little on the beach of any quality near this hotel. Overall the staff were surly and nothing like we have generally experienced in Bali. The Mezzanine restaurant attached to the hotel was in contrast lovely. Nice food nice staff well priced. I have photos to show of the horrendous room if this enables me to attach them. Would we return. Never!!!!! I also forgot to mention that the whole time we were checking in we were swatting mosquitoes. A very disappointing experience and we spent our short stay in Sanur away from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple