“The ideal place for a relaxing break”
Review of Puri Santrian

Puri Santrian
Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have just finished my 13 trip to Bali and I have finally found the ideal accommodation.. There is a range of accommodation styles at the Puri Santrian but I choose a bungalow which was a 15 second walk to the beach and a 10 second walk to a lovely pool.

The Puri Santrian gets top marks in all categories. Inviting pools, excellent food at the Mezzanine Restaurant and the Beach Club, clean beach, friendly staff and the treatments I enjoyed at the Spa were first class. A plus for me was the free Yoga classes each morning. Such a great way to start the day.

I had stayed at the Puri Santrian back in 1990 and from now on this is the only place I will stay in Bali.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cfq_11
There are newer reviews for Puri Santrian

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Puri Santrian is a beautiful place to stay if you want a relaxing resort. If you are after a busy, loud and exciting Bali holiday then Sanur is perhaps not the place for you. My wife and I were after a nice relaxing holiday after a busy year at work. The resort was fantastic value for money, had terrific pools, easy access to other parts of the island (albeit the traffic was terrible) and access to great local eateries.
For my first visit to Bali I don't have much to compare this against but I did love the quality of our room and the overall feel and comfort of the resort. I'd be happy to recommend Puri Santrian as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the internal square which faced the beach. We had a lovely balcony looking down...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Don R
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel back than on 2010. Reception staff was friendly, provided us with a welcome drink and cold towel. The room and balcony was good facing the pool and the beach, i like the ground with a lot of trees and flowers tho the beach just average. i didnt try the food from the restaurant, but its peaceful and beauiful place to stay.

Good thing about Sanur is not as crowd as Kuta, but we also can find shop and lots of restaurant outside the hotel.

Recommended and would like to go back to this hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tanty_ayu
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed 6 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time at P.S. The staff were very friendly, helpful and always went out of their way to assist with our requests. We were having problems with our internet service and their IT expert came twice to our room to trouble shoot with no attitude. The room while I would say is getting a bit tired as the whole resort is it was very comfortable, cleaned daily and any special request taken care of immediately. The pool areas are well serviced with lots of chaise lounges, etc., beach clean and no hassling from trinket and trash sellers. The restaurant service was the only area that at times seemed a bit disorganized and could use some sharpening up. Apparently they have a new Restaurant Manager which should help. Food was nicely presented, reasonably priced and varied during our stay which was nice. P.S. is not a 5 star destination resort but for the price seemed very reasonable.
We ate one meal out at the P.S. restaurant just outside the gates, which was not memorable. We felt that the beachfront was so beautiful and peaceful that there would be little to gain eating in other places in Sanur.

Room Tip: My wife enjoyed several spa treatments, during our stay the spa had a happy hour (2 for 1) treatment...
1  Thank paulowlcourt
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I am surprised that this hotel has any reviews that are above average for this price range. We stayed at 3 hotels in Bali, and the other 2 hotels were superior to this in service and rooms. The Club rooms should be a step up from the regular rooms, but we were not impressed with our Club room, as it was most definitely dated. The breakfast buffet was swamped with tourists, and we had to bus our own table. I asked if they could do something special as it was my husband's birthday, but the front desk staff made no efforts on my request. The grounds of the hotel are really lovely though, even if the beach is just average. Although we were booked for 2 nights, we left after one as we knew we would be happier elsewhere.

1  Thank casadeboys
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was greeted warmly, asked if I wanted a snack, provided me with a bottle of water. There was a little confusion on checking in and staff addressed the confusion to my satisfaction. The room was presentable and I slept well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AngelineSikora
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We were in Bali for our 'delayed' honeymoon so we needed a place which was calm, serene and desolate, yet having everything Bali when you checked in a Hotel. For my wife and I, Puri Santrian fits the bill perfectly, and choosing the Santrian Club room was definitely a bonus. All was well from the moment Putri, from front desk greeted with her smile, until our sending off by the bellboy.

Good thing about Bali is everything seems to be around or nearby your place of stay, no matter where it is, and Puri Santrian is no exception. There were no difficulties looking for food, massage/spa center, or looking for clothes, everything is just conveniently placed for us to go to.

Since both of us are runners, the convenience of having a running track just nearby was amazing! To run 7km along the Sanur Beach, catching the perfect sunrise, was a marvellous experience. My wife is also an avid yoga practitioner, so 'happy' would be an understatement when she signed up for yoga class, which is available at the hotel twice daily from Monday to Friday.

Lastly, but not least, saving the best for last, was the gestures from the hotel staff when they found out we were there for our honeymoon. When we checked in we were given coupons for free 30-minute massage at the hotel, and on the 2nd day, to our surprise there was a chocolate cake, with the words 'Happy Honeymoon' on it! How thoughtful of the hotel staff, really admire their hospitality.

Thank you Puri Santrian for the experience!

:D

Room Tip: Get the Santrian Club, if you require a quieter environment
2  Thank MuhdIzuan