“Average value”
Review of Puri Santrian

Puri Santrian
Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We checked in with 8ppls for 2 nights in Puri. However, we found it not worth the value and disappointed during the stay.
Rooms were not clean, with cockroaches at night. The bath tub was disgusting with hairs previously dropped. No toothbrushes and pastes provided, do buy more before you go.

Swimming pool was nice with a bar accompanied, the private beach was satisfactory in the morning, and was not suitable for swimming at low tide, though some ppl were fishing in the evening.
Sevices were good, but their action made me feel like they were always waiting for a tips.
The hotel located at the main street and was very near to restaurants and shops. The restaurant opposite to the hotel was great for both taste, value and services!
Overall, it does not worth the money, choose another if you have similar budget.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KelvinKKK
There are newer reviews for Puri Santrian

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We just spent 4 nights at the Puri Santrian & enjoyed every minute if it. We paid the extra for the Club & sorry, but I don't think it was worth the money. Might have been different if it was the peak season, however it wasn't too busy so not too many children around and fairly quiet.
Rooms were spacious & had everything we needed. Room service was efficient and prompt. Aircon worked well, bed was comfortable and room nice & quiet. I think they need to reconsider the whole shower curtain thing because it was annoying showering whilst fighting with the curtain sticking to me. ( but that's just a small issue). Our room was on the 3rd floor which I would recommend as it was light and airy. Some of the rooms on the ground level looked quite dark. There are not any lifts so if walking up stairs is an issue then you would need to have a ground floor room.
Breakfast was lovely and and the restaurant looked out over the water. I have to agree with a previous review that the cook at the egg station was quite rude one morning to us which was a shame.
We ate lunch at the resort each day and found the prices reasonable. They will always be higher, however it wasn't over the top. Good selection on the menu and wine list.
I had massages each day by the ladies in the hut and thoroughly recommend them.
We ate one evening at the restaurant outside the main driveway entrance - I think it was called Mezzanine. The sashimi was mouth watering... You. MUST eat here. We had dinner one evening at the Irish pub outside which was good too - great to listen to some live music.
We would have liked a gym, however the walking path outside the resort is well maintained so we went for 5k jogs each morning.
Would we stay here again - maybe.... But after staying at an amazing B&B villa in UBud, we now have a high benchmark that Puri Santrian just couldn't compare with. Sorry, Puri Santrian that's not your fault it's just that we were really spoilt where we previously stayed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LuvvyAustralia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

As part of our vacation to Australia we sidetripped to Bali and stayed for 9 nights at this property. We were impressed with the friendliness and cleanliness. The reviews on here tell the whole story. The only criticism I would have is that they need to update the tub/shower. A handheld shower within the tub and a shower curtain! Really! Overall, our stay was just wonderful and we managed with the tub/shower! Beverages and food very pricey and we eat all but one breakfast outside of the property. I would suggest if they could bring their prices down that they would have more business from their customers. But....it was fun deciding which restaurant to eat at in the evenings. The beach was maintained hourly some days and the pools were very clean. As said, most of the clientele were Dutch and German with a few Aussies! Really relaxing and enjoyable time. One tiny complainant....we stayed in room 311 in beach wing (also was upgraded on arrival from garden wing)....it is right beside the cleaning staffs room.....and that corner seemed to trap all sorts of smells....solvent, grease smells....had to hold my nose while hubby opened the door....lol.

1  Thank badabing51
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Excellent hotel. Luxury, nice staff, clean (but slightly soulless) rooms. Breakfast a bit monotonous. Rooms In beach-wing best placed to enjoy views, pool and beach. Ask for a better room of view is what you want. Alcohol very expensive. Use green 'mini' VW vans for transport on the Sanur strip.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank BibiSouthAfrica
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Our third stay at this property. Prices have crept up but the Club section still represents value, with adequate, clean room, included full breakfast, dedicated pools and peace & quiet. Never had a problem getting a sun lounge, either at the Club pools or on the beach. Staff always friendly and helpful. Food good and, if a little expensive, there are many cheap options within a short stroll. Will we stay again? Most likely.

Room Tip: Club room (for couples)
1  Thank McGi11icuddy
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Its a nice large hotel complex with lush green gardens and lovely pools..

We chose Sanur because its so much more relaxed compared to the commercial kuta/seminyak or expensive like Nusa dua. The majority of the crowd here is European and Australian.

The hotel has a very good access to the beach and wonderful loungers to relax all day.

We stayed at the santrian club. It had a nice private pool and is open only to couples and not children, which was nice and quite. (May not be worth the price difference though)

The room was basic. Comfortable bed. Nothing much to write about.

The American breakfast spread was good. The rest of the menu at their other restaurants was good but slightly expensive (as expected of a 4 star property)

There are a lot of yummy and reasonably priced options to eat out and explore the local cuisine right outside the hotel and ahead on both the sides of the pedestrian pathway on the beach.

You can hire a bike right outside the hotel and explore Kuta, Seminyak, Jibran bay and other areas at ease. Nusa dua and Ulluwatu are a good 45-60 mins ride though.

All in all, Its a nice large yet peaceful hotel with a great beach front, delightful options to dine out in close proximity and assortment of room variants to choose from. Its priced slightly on the higher side though!

Room Tip: Santrian Club is good choice if you want absolute peace( As they don't allow 'families with...
1  Thank Prathyusha111
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I really enjoyed this property overall. It was very lush and green, with beautiful ornate Balinese details on and around all the structures, including statues, a floating gazebo/temple in a coy pond, beautifully carved doors. The grounds are very well maintained and I thought the two pools were gorgeous. There were plenty of lounge chairs and lounge beds of different sizes, both in shade and sun, by the pool and the beach, which the property sits directly on.

My room was simple and dated, but totally adequate. I had a balcony on the third / top floor with a lovely view of the pool and beach (no elevator, which was fine for me). The bed could have been more comfortable, as it was a little hard, but was fine (and I am pretty sensitive). I appreciated the fresh fruit and flowers.

The food at the beachside restaurant was surprisingly excellent, if pricey compared to "local" places (as a New Yorker it's hard for food to impress me). The breakfast buffet was your standard full American fare, with omelet and waffle staton. The Balinese dancing Thurs night was neat, I especially enjoyed the local musicians/instruments. I didn't pay for the super expensive buffet dinner, just ordered a la carte and watched from inside the restaurant, which worked great.

I was disappointed that there was no gym in site, but they do have yoga 2x a day (free) and bikes (nominal charge). I checked out the yoga.... I was not impressed. The instructor was impressive but not very welcoming or accommodating for people of different ages / levels. The spa looked nice but was pretty expensive compared to other places; instead I used the local women who have a gazebo at the end of the pool. Much more affordable and felt I was helping with the local economy.

The service overall was excellent, always very friendly and helpful. they arranged a diving trip and taxis no problem (you ask for blue bird taxi, which is the cheaper metered one). I went diving at Lembongnan island - a place I dove in 2008. I was really taken aback to see how the coral had mostly lost all it's colors, rich yellows and purples were now brown. Still alive and lots of fish, just not the same stunning colors. I snorkeled directly in front of the hotel after low tide (high tide too turbid). Not a full reef, but still interesting sea life. Would be great for kids as the water is shallow and calm for at least several hundred meters.

Overall though, I was a little disappointed by the quality of the beach. Every stretch is developed and the sand is gritty yellow. It is calm though, so perhaps better children. If you follow the beach path to the right, all way to the end, there's a locals beach where you can see the sunset. I enjoyed that. But, for the best sunset, head across the island to Seminyak. There is an amazing lounge called Ku De Ta that is well worth the trip. Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo