We checked in here as a last resort, after finding out that our booked hotel didn't exist. We arrived and were told we could have a room straight away which suited us because we were exhausted. There was construction work going on which meant the electricity wasn't working, this was fine as all we wanted to do was sleep before exploring sanur but thought this deserved maybe a little discount! After sleeping for a few hours in the (I must admit) comfortable and well made beds we were happy to find that the a/c we had been paying for was finally working! Unfortunately this also meant that the lights were which meant we could see just how filthy the place was. After using the toilet with a torch previously, after turning the bathroom light on I was greeted by the biggest ants nest I have ever seen crawling around the bath and all over the bathroom. The mirror was stained, the sink was filthy, as was the rest of the bathroom. We complained but nothing was done about it, instead we were made to sign the amount we were to pay on check out! They obviously are aware of the situation. The only thing I can say is credit to the lovely young man who gave us fresh towels and was very pleasant to us on arrival. Avoid this place if you can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puri Mango Hotel is located strategically in the heart of coastal Sanur - an excellent choice for business and leisure travelers, outdoor activists, sun bathers, art connoisseurs and refined readers - it is an excellent choice from which to explore Bali or to simply relax and rejuvenate. Tranquil, laid-back and traditional is Sanur the perfect place to pause and rewind. Or to pamper yourself in associated Black White Beauty Salon and Spa. Sanur is well recognized for its unhurried pace and for sustaining Balinese tradition which bestows upon the village its unique charm. Set in the heart of Sanur, Puri Mango Hotel grants immediate and easy access to the multitude of cultural destinations unique to Sanur and Bali. Located besides a banjar meeting hall, a temple and close to various priestly Brahmin compounds, Puri Mango Hotel's neighborhood is busied with ceremonies and celebrations featuring performing arts and processions unique to Sanur. Puri Mango Hotel is found a stroll away from Sanur's main highlight: Sindhu Beach. Recently, Sanur Beach has undergone a major face lift with a paved seaside promenade running from the North in Padang Galak to the South at Serangan Island. The walk along the unbroken seaside promenade is shaded by trees affording a pleasant saunter in the cool early mornings and late afternoons. Colourful jukung outriggers dot the horizon and line sections of the beach, while the massive, looming presence of Mt Agung and the eastern hills in the background, present an idyllic scene all year round - from here the sunrise is one of the most beautiful things to remember of Bali. At Sindhu beachfront, Mango Beach Bar and Restaurant is located. The famous Sindhu night market, where local vendors offer authentic Indonesian dishes, as well as the renowned Art markets at Sindhu Beach promenade that offer Indonesian handicraft and outfit, are found within walking distance. Set in central Sanur, in close proximity close to the highway connecting South with east, West and North Bali, Puri Mango Hotel is located within short distance of other popular destinations throughout Bali and hence convenient for exploring other parts of the island. Further, Puri Mango Hotel is close to the airport (20 km) and within easy reach of business centers and conference hotels. Offering sheer comfort and myriad of touristic activities for a budget rate, Puri Mango Hotel is an ideal destination for a wonderful stay in Sanur, a global village that embraces the mystique of Bali, with its bewildering natural charm, beauty and culture. Sanur and Puri Mango Hotel are perfect for visitors longing to escape from the rush of daily routine and to enjoy a post-card like beach vacation, a honeymoon, a family holiday and a great time with family and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Puri Mango Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Mango Guest House Hotel Sanur
- Puri Mango Hotel Bali/Sanur