This place was incredible: green, lush, exotic flowers, birds, butterflies, frogs, traditional Balinese Villas, comfortable bed, clean, very nice and helpful staff.
We stayed in the Villa Bija and had a beautiful private pool. Perfect for lounging in the water with a book and glass of wine or beer.
-There is free afternoon tea and fruit from 4pm-6pm(?). They will bring it to your room if you call room service.
-There was NOT hot water.. it was cool. We figured locals probably don't typically have hot water either.. for us it made the stay more authentic. We chose to not make a fuss. Showering during the daytime when it was warm out wasn't bad at all.
-There was only one outlet in the entire Villa so bring a power strip. There was an adapter in the room.
-There are mosquitos so if you're prone to be eaten alive, wear the lotion/spray while you're there. The room had a can of spray that was for use in the air, not on your skin. The rooms also had mosquito coils to burn if you like.
-The resort seemed to be difficult to find for taxis so grab a business card from reception and keep it on you.
-They offer free flowers in the room upon request. There was a bouquet of roses on the bed with petals in a heart shape and more petals all throughout the bathtub.
-At night was noisy sometimes with the frogs croaking and (what sounded like) monkeys making a ruckus in the trees. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.
All in all this place blew our mind. Neither of us wanted to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sanctuary from modern world. An island of serenity and quite.A perfect home base for your exploration of the beauty of Bali Island.Located at the western extremity of Sanur - You'll find thirdtheen delightful Balinese - Style dwellings in an exclusive sculptured environment, Seclusion, Relaxation, Serenity.Six individual self contained Villas complete with kitchen. Some with two bedrooms, some with one, all exquisite in design and detail. All stylish Balinese.A Massage Centre and Spa.A swimming pool design to echo the ancient Balinese temple bathing place. Mysterious carved statues peer through the lush tropical plantings. Ponds and water features erupt with lilies, lotus, and colorful fish.With five individual self contained villas.Each villa provides for you to make your own selves coffee or tea at anytime. A communal kitchen for us to cook you anything from a quick snack to a banquet are available. And private swimming pool for you to have relaxation in privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your kaMAYA Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waka Maya Resort Villa Hotel Sanur
- Waka Maya Hotel
- KaMAYA Resort And Villas Bali/Sanur