“Hidden Gem”
Review of Tamukami Hotel

Tamukami Hotel
Ranked #31 of 79 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I titled this place "Hidden Gem" because it is about 70 metres back of the main road and is very quiet.

My fiancé, err check that, wife stayed at this location for the first leg of our honeymoon to Bali after an initial stay at another hotel that was disastrous. (would review this place but could not find it on trip advisor)

Honestly, wow! The place is beautiful with an amazing secluded area with a communal pool outside our door that had daily updates on Ph readings which was assuring.

The room it self was pretty amazing. Massive bed in a huge room with aesthetic decor and the air conditioning was suburb. Glasses kept fogging up when walking out of the room into the outdoors cause the air con was so good. Only issue was that the tv was a bit small and was to far from the bed. First world problem though ;)

The restaurant was pretty amazing too. Was incredibly romantic with lots of people and on select nights some live music. Not doof doof but rather a few acoustic guitar players singing some golden oldies. Was endearing to our evening.

The service. The service is why I bothered to write the review. It was marvellous. A lady on the staff by the name of "Eka" enquired about our plans and helped us to organise our boat trip to Gili Air (review incoming for Gili Air) not only did she help us but she took the time to write down and then explain the itinerary for the initial trip and then the return trip with details on locations, time of arrivals and the nuisances of taking the journey we planned. She was amazing. Not only that but several days on she made an enquiry to my personal email about how the trip was going and if we needed any additional help. This is the kinda service that makes you want to come back and I will definitely stay at Tamukami Hotel again

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve V

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This hotel is a rare one, it is one of very very few that has exceeded my expectations. The room is large with a view of the pool area. It is a spotless property.the kitchen , the dining area, the inner courtyard, the pool and my room are all so clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to people that are looking for the quiet and relaxing side of Bali. I will definitely come back to this hotel when next in Bali.

Room Tip: We like the 2nd floor rooms as you don't have other guests walking past your lanai. The poolside...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kamrick
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I arrived here from Jakarta and what a change of pace. The rooms are built around a garden/swimming pool, beautifully done and the AC units are even hidden from view. The only downside is that if you take loungers on the restaurant side, you're looking at a TV tower. Otherwise incredibly pristine for such an urban setting. As most reviews mention, the hotel is nestled at the end of a driveway, but it only takes you a minute to reach the main road where all the restaurants are. The room was large and beutifully decorated, a couch, comfy chair for reading, local art on the walls, and a large private porch overlooking the garden. The bathroom was not as nice - big but poorly designed with a handheld showerhead. The service was generally good, my only complaint about the hotel is that I booked a taxi the night before my departure and a guest checking out just before me took it - they clearly had not noted the room number. Generally, this would not have been a problem but if my flight hadn't been delayed I would have missed it. Breakfast is good, didn't eat at the restaurant at night, but had a welcome drink and a cocktail there. Didn't have time to enjoy a massage. The beach is only a short walk to the beach, but I almost didn't want to leave the poolside!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank SBO234
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I returned for another holiday at Tamukami for a week in November. The hotel is off the main road so it is quiet but with only a short walk to the beach. The staff here are fantastic. I have all my meals at the restaurant which is open all day and is non smoking. Only suggestion would be to make part of the pool area non smoking - we hate people blowing smoke over us when trying to relax. I have stayed in at least 10 hotels on Bali but whenever I visit now I will be staying at the Tamukami.

Room Tip: all rooms (19) are good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peterunderhill34
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We have only just returned from 15 days at this wonderful peaceful and magical place, the pool and gardens are just lovely, our room a standard was spacious, bathroom also large, furnishings excellent, lovely private area to sit and look over the pool, staff best we have ever met, so friendly, breakfast very good, we have been coming to Bali for over 15 years and this has been the best, we will definitely be returning. The restaurant also serves excellent food and the entertainment was very good on the nights seconded to the hotel. Ernie & Maureen McLintock, Perth. W>A>

Room Tip: ground level overlooking the pool is lovely
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leonard200
Reviewed 29 October 2013

what a beautiful, friendly hotel. the grounds and the pool are gorgeous, large pleasant rooms, very friendly staff. Great location close to beach and shops/restaurants. I've stayed in Sanur a few times and this is by far the best hotel I've found,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank saljackso
Reviewed 26 October 2013

we first found tamukami when we first went to bali 13 years ago and stayed at the grand bali beach.,we used the restaurant on every visit after that, four times. on this occasion we actually stayed there. I wish we had stayed there previously, it is excellent in every way, the service is top class, the rooms are a good size , comfortable with good bathrooms and very close to the lovely pool. it is only a short walk to the road with many restaurants and across that road is the beach.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple