Tandjung Sari Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsvillage bungalowoutdoor showermick jaggerprivate gardenboutique hotelhuge bathtubbalinese styleour honeymoonturn down servicetwo storeybali holidaysitting areabeach sidebeautiful poolfruit plattersmall hotelts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This hotel deserves a reward for fostering the essence of Bali: quiet solitude amid Bali sculptures and art. Regretfully, Sanur has lost the essence of Bali with its plethora of bars, tattoo parlors, noise and unkempt streets outside the gates. (We have been travelling to Bali since the 1970s and lived in nearby Surabaya for three years.) The Tandjung Sari Hotel is a little peace of heaven, tucked away from the hurly burly. The villas are unique with much tender care taken to give the guest privacy and solitude. The shower under the stars, the "gazebo" hut in the Villa's garden, the large bed and tub all cater to privacy and quiet. The management comes from a distinguished Balinese family. The staff is outstanding, the beach area beautiful, the meals better than anything available outside the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter202_11
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I love Tandjung Sari mostly for the memories, but also for the fact that it has never let me down! The first time I went was with friends and their parents, who had had their honeymoon years ago at the Tandjung Sari, and I've kept going back, even though it's not quite of the squeaky clean and luxurious caliber of the other Bali hotels that I know and love...The service is just so friendly, they treat you not only just like family, but as if you are their *favorite* family member! The food is also delicious, the rooms are spacious and very comfortable, and count as 'luxurious' for a Sanur hotel. The hotel is within easy walking distance from Sanur's (limited) attractions, but it's just such a lovely and peaceful place to stay that I don't mind it being a little bit out of the Seminyak way. The service is the highlight, but the beach is also good, even great, for Sanur!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2013

A little piece of heaven, we always have a few nights here to start our Bali trip and sometimes at the end too! We love everything about this hotel, rooms, staff, food, atmosphere. If you are like me and are not so keen on polyester sheets, I asked the manager who said that pure cotton can be provided! Nothing is too much trouble!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, the more expensive ones are Devine and closer to the beach but the garden villas give you the feeling of being the only people there!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AliceK28
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had a great experiance in Tandjung Sari in Sanur,
the staff is excellent, food is great and not that expensive compared to local restaurants,
villa's are great, have a lot of space and a very nice and romantic bathroom. Even outdoor private garden is a nice place to relax with a good book and a cup of thea.
There are only 32 villa's available and it al feels very calm and relaxing.
We had a wonderfull and romantic experance, it felt like we had a second honeymoon.

Room Tip: Even their standard villa is great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I just spent a few nights at Tandjung Sari in a village bungalow and I'm sad to only be giving it mixed reviews. I absolutely loved my bungalow; it had a gorgeous terrazzo tub, an outdoor shower, a big beautiful bed and the air conditioning was quiet enough that I could still hear the birds. The beach, pool and restaurant areas were nice with plenty of places to sit in the sun or shade. There also didn't seem to be any competition for beach loungers which was a nice surprise!

Unfortunately the service at the hotel was nothing to write home about. Upon arriving we were not met with any smiles or eye contact, just a perfunctory 'Welcome to Tandjung Sari' followed by the news that our room was not ready (despite arriving after the suggest arrival time...) Subsequent interactions with the staff, mainly in the restaurant, suggested that they needed a few lessons on customer service. It took forever to have an order taken and at times the orders never arrived. I know this is minor but the bar staff also never came out to take orders from the people on the beach - even if we had empty glasses.

If the service improves than I would happily return to Tandjung Sari, I will always have fond memories of that lovely bungalow!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends