“WARNING - DO NOT GET EYELASH EXTENSIONS!”
Review of Carla Spa

Carla Spa
Ranked #12 of 66 Spas & Wellness in Sanur
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide : - Normal Massage doing by professional masseuse girl or boy - Nail Treatment such as pedicure, manicure, nail art, extension, nail polish, etc - Beauty treatment, facial by Viva and biokos, make up complete, make up for bride and groom - Hair Treatment, hair cut, colouring, hair extension, hair styling, blow dry, etc - Waxing, under arms, full bikini, up lip, full leg, etc - We can serve you in your room (Home Sevice) Carla Spa located in Kuta, Sanur, Nusa Dua Beautiful and clean place, full Ac Open 09.00 Am - 11.00 Pm Every day Please come and enjoy Regard Carla Spa
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have had many experiences with Carla Spa - both in Legian and Seminyak. While they do great massages and mani/pedi's (nothing wrong with these), I just wanted to warn the ladies out there not to be tempted by the eyelash extensions. I would not have got them done in Bali, but I saw a group of women having them done while I went into Carla Spa to have a mani/pedi. They looked good so I thought I would get them done. The lashes did look good at first. However, after the first day they started to become uncomfortable and sore. They basically use superglue to apply the lashes. The lashes are clumpy and course, and up close look like a chimney sweeping brush! The glue clogs your lash follicles and can be very dangerous for infection. Unfortunately I have damaged a few of my lashes by having these done. My eyes were puffy and the lashes interfered with activities that I did for the rest of my holiday (surfing, swimming, putting makeup on, etc.).

Luckily a professional was able to take them off for me when I got home.

Carla Spa is great for everything, JUST NOT LASHES! Just a hard lesson learnt for all you ladies out there. Pay the extra money and get them done properly at home.

13  Thank Holly J

Reviewed 4 March 2014

It's super cheap and great value for money. I wanted the 4hand massage ultra hard and the small staff did their best to hurt me-$10 for two people for an hour. I got a mani/pedicure package with my wife. Not bad but could have removed more dry skin. The hair cremebath my wife got looked great and the nails my daughter got looks great. Only down side was the polish didn't last on my wife's nails.

A good little business with dedicated staff-who do put in the hours.

3  Thank John E
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I write it here in English so that de girls from Carla's Spa in Bali this also can read.

What I think about Carla's Spa is that the girls always trying,to make time for you,and that they help you as quick as they can.
And then they forget them selfs,to drink,or thake a few minutes break,while that are also humans.

My husband and I went to them because it was across the street from the hotel Melia Benoa,and it was clean,it was fun,it was good,and it was hounest.
Every girl try's to do her best on her own way.
They also good in cleaning,and do there own laundry,so they are very hygienisch.
I have don my nails,pedicure,polish,face,back,head massage,and even they have done my hare.
Fantastic!!
My husband had mostly a full body massage,and we went mostly eveery day,two times a day.

3  Thank susannevgrim
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I took 2 of my girlfriends here for a 1 hour full body massage as I had read some ok reviews on the place and they had not been to Bali before and were looking forward to some pampering. It was by far the worst massage I have ever had and my friends agreed. The girls doing the massage where not at all interested in what they were doing and just copying each other. The salon was noisy with all the other staff laughing and yelling at each other. I felt more stressed out after the massage than before..

6  Thank tamara48
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I went to the Carla Spa in seminyak today with my partner. I got hair extensions which look fine and are good quality. Nothing wrong with this part of our service. My boyfriend wanted a hair cut and a shave. They started with the shave and have ripped his face to pieces. The young lady clearly had no idea what she was doing. They didnt charge us for the shave obviously, but they didnt apologise for it either. This has soured our last day of a fantastic trip to bali :-(

5  Thank Amy S