“In need of complete renovation”
Review of Lestari Homestay

Lestari Homestay
Lestari Homestay
Ranked #88 of 135 Sanur B&B and Inns
“In need of complete renovation”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was in room 6 - I walked in off the street after I arrived in Sanur a day earlier than expected. I only needed one night because I was moving into my villa the next day.
This room was so old and decrepit but it still cost me rp400k - so-called 'Deluxe' room. The shower over bath was dirty, the toilet was fine but the bathroom door didn't close so there was nothing stopping smells getting in. There are lamps on the bedside tables which I put on the floor because I was worried I would knock them over - they were really big and didn't even work anyway. I paid extra for a dvd player which only played my dvds (bought across the road in Sanur) in black and white. Later in my villa I played them in colour and it was fine, so it definitely wasn't the discs, it was their player. At least there was air-conditioning, that's all I can say about it really. The sheets seemed clean but they also had a kind of cologne smell which made me think they hadn't cleaned them really, maybe just 'brushed' them off. I was on the ground floor and the windows looked out at the car park - that's fine for a motel, but they were charging me 'Deluxe' prices - also the curtains were difficult to close, since when I pulled them gently to the left or right the velcro fastening immediately ripped off and I had to get up on a chair to fix them.
The staff speak no english almost at all - and they refused to turn on the eftpos machine so I was forced to walk half a kilometre in the heat while I was sick, in order to pay and check out. I almost thought it would serve them right not to pay at all - since they were making it so difficult - but I paid for the room AND the dvd player that didn't work. All up rp450,000. It was easier than trying to argue with them. Later on I stayed somewhere down the road that was absolutely gorgeous with great staff and everything included (no extra dvd charge) for rp400,000 - so I would say that there is absolutely no point in staying in this place. It doesn't function well as a resort, and it doesn't even meet the standard of a temporary motel-like option. So they should really just knock it down and start again. The only reason I've put two stars is because it is right in the middle of Sanur which is the best place in Bali.

Room Tip: The people at the back of the complex seemed to be enjoying themselves (but they were not westerners...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TheGreatSpaces

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mannheim, Germany
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed 2 nights in a fan-only room upstairs. The guesthouse has a nice court in the middle, where breakfast was served (good portion, we liked it), and a neat small pool with a day bed. The frangipani trees smell wonderful and it's generally calm.
The room and bed were simple and okay. There's TV and a fridge we wouldn't use (made the room too hot). Unfortunately we had lots of ants (which happens even in upper class hotels in Bali) and the bathroom wasn't after our taste at all. The toilet didn't flush properly (we used the shower head in addition) and everything felt very old.
Lestari Homestay is only 10 min from the beach (easy walk, too), close to restaurants, and a small supermarket. Further south you'll find low priced massage places and further north (past the huge resort's gardens) you'll find a bit more upscale shops and restaurants. The road (Jalan Danau Tamblingan) is heavily frequented but you hear almost nothing from it.
Overall it was okay but since we didn't fall in love with Sanur we wouldn't come back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
BIRMINGHAM
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 21 nights. The only bad point was the bathroom could have done with being a little cleaner. We soon sorted that out & even brought ourselves a nice little bath mat for the tiled floor.
Everything else was great! They even used to serve my breakfast on the patio outside our room. We probably had one of the bigger better rooms no11.
The staff were very helpful even lending me the DVD player off reception wifi was standard Bali wifi so don't expect to much there but it's the same everywhere. Motorbike hire was easily done with a decent bike & 2 new helmets. Nice pool that deprnding on the amount of guests means sometime you can have pool area all to your self Would defiantly stay again

• Stayed July 2013
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I've never written a review before but I always heavily rely on the reviews of others when choosing where to stay. I hate that my first review has to be a bad one but I will track back and write at others I have had wonderful experiences at.
Unfortunately the stay we had here (we only managed one night!) was the worst hotel night stay I have ever had and I have travelled around a lot.
It was late when we arrived here and literally dropped our bags and headed out for food. Upon returning we found our guests had settled in for the night. The place was teeming with cockroaches. Not little cockroaches - I can deal with them! But massive, massive cockroaches. They mainly inhabited the bathroom area but that didn't stop them entering the bedroom frequently. After my fiancé coming to the rescue and moving four, more came out of the woodwork. My fiancé hates to kill animals of any kind so dropping them in the toilet wasn't his first choice but non the less unsuccessful - they come straight back up! Little buggers! The count was 8-9 by the time we gave up and I sat up in bed for the night. I'm not normally bothered about bugs and I've had many stays including plenty of camping trips where bugs are inevitable but this was ridiculous.
The next morning I talked to the office staff who were incredibly unhelpful and not at all apologetic. They refused to give any discount and demanded the price for the room in full. They didn't get it!
It wouldn't have been quite as bad if the rest of the stay was pleasant but the unchanged bed sheets with stains and pubic hairs throughout the bed, including under the pillow really topped it all off!

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Sanur hotels

Finland
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We stayed at Lestari homestay in Sanur for about 1 month during our 2 month's stay in Bali. The guesthouse is well located in the heart of Sanur and offers a range of different rooms with reasonable prices. There's a really nice swimming pool on the yard and the breakfast is very good and generous. The staff are really friendly and helpful and even let us store our suitcases in the guesthouse while we travelled around Bali. The rooms are simple but they have everything you need and if you're a dog lover you'll fall in love with the family's dogs that you'll often see on the yard playing around. If you're looking for a budget option with some nice facilities such as a swimming pool, free breakfast, free wifi, ac/fan Lestari homestay is a very good option in Sanur!

Room Tip: If you're on a tight budget choose a room with a fan which is a little bit cheaper. The rooms by...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel from outside but the rooms are dirty specially the bed!bathroom needs to be cleaned too.friendly and helpfull staff.good location and quiet place not too far from the beach. prices a bit expensive for the room but there is a nice medium-size pool!

• Stayed January 2013