We chose a deluxe, motel style room in the garden wing somewhat by accident as our hotel of choice was undergoing renovations and was fully booked. We are so glad we did! Puri Santrian is also on the beach but more than 1km south, and not so central. Griya had everything we wished for, good service, clean, comfortable rooms, a day spa, three wonderful pools, lovely beachfront and is central 'with a capital C'. The Bintang and food is a little pricey in comparison to in street and beach cafes, but with a gourmet selection within five minutes walk from the hotel, you can't complain. There is free Wi fi available and free, limited internet. There are plenty of transport options at the door, and around 120,000 Rupiah ($13 AUD) will get you to the airport. Most drivers will agree to 300,000 Rupiah ($35) for the day. We had a couple of 90 minute Swedish massages at the day spa which cost 182,000 rupiah each ($20 AUD). However, beware, the hotel adds a 21% tax to all food and beverages and services. Our room, which apparently is the basic level cost us $145 p/n incl tax which we booked online. I'm sure there are plenty of cheaper options elsewhere, we hear of them all the time, but you can also come unstuck. Not at Griya where you actually get what you pay for, service, luxury, beachfront and superior Balinese style architecture. Our suggestions to management include a couple of chairs for when watching TV, thicker curtains (we woke up with sunrise each day) and new towels Urgently! We loved our stay and will certainly return to Griya...hopefully soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Griya Santrian welcomes you to experience an enduring tale of warm traditional Balinese hospitality on the laid back sunrise coast of Sanur Beach. This beautiful beachfront resort, the sister property of Puri Santrian, is unmistakably among the most renowned landmarks in Sanur, gracing a perfectly central location on the quiet shore and with an unending classical design that continues to charm visitors, be it new and repeat visitors alike. Sanur is well known as a spot for luxurious seaside accommodation with its white sand beach bordering a reef-sheltered lagoon, making it one of the safest on the island, and thus perfect for families. As a luxuriant oasis in Sanur, Griya Santrian's enduring warm Balinese touches are imbued throughout its range of impeccable services and facilities. Leafy tropical Balinese gardens comprising flowering undergrowth and large shady trees (some older than the resort itself) dominate its manicured landscaping. And guests enjoy ease of access to the local shopping and dining hubs of Sanur, all within walking distance from the resort. At the heart of the Balinese owned and operated resort are its wonderful accommodation features - well designed and appointed guestrooms are spread throughout its two main wings. The two story Garden Wing comprises a total of 37 rooms with private balconies or terraces overlooking the resort's aforementioned lush gardens. Meanwhile, the ever popular Beach Wing features a total of 20 spacious rooms that let guests wake up to the wonderful garden view and the dramatic Sanur sunrises. Balconies or terraces also overlook the resort's main pool. Cable TV, mini-bar, hot and cold water, IDD telephone, tea and coffee making facilities, in-room safe and air conditioning all come as standard in-room amenities, to name a few. Alternatively, a choice of 59 Deluxe Rooms welcome guests to garden and pool views with some closer to the beach and feature en suite marble bathrooms and separate showers. For those who prefer a more lavish accommodation will find the Santrian Suite, a capacious suite with a 68 sqm bedroom with an elegantly draped four-poster bed as its center piece, together with a dressing room and private balcony. Designed with a refined modern Balinese approach, the suite serves as the ultimate romantic getaway for couples and honeymooners, while also great for families. For dining pleasures, Griya Santrian presents its main restaurants and outlets, which includes The Wantilan Restaurant, offering sumptuous breakfasts and all-day dining complemented by sweeping ocean views over the Sanur coastline. Meanwhile, Griya Beach Corner serves a wide choice of Italian, Japanese and Asian specialty dishes in a refreshing open-air setting. For a bit of romance, lovebirds can optionally spice things up with a bespoke candlelit dinner. The Spa at Griya Santrian is a thoughtfully designed and purpose built facility that offers a wide range of health and beauty treatments using natural fruit and flower extracts that will totally indulge you from top to toe. It's the go-to place within the resort grounds where guests can discover a great way to re-energize, refresh and rejuvenate during their stay. Griya Santrian opened in 1972 as a luxury boutique resort with a pride and commitment towards the preservation of Balinese arts and culture. While keeping to its roots and now in its fourth decade running, Griya Santrian continues to improve its facilities and services. The most recent addition includes a new wing room which was unveiled only last year, and repeat guests will also be surprised to see a new spa adjacent the resort's lobby, set to be completed this year. Several key facelifts are also well underway in 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Griya Santrian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Griya Santrian Hotel Sanur
- Griya Santrian Sanur
- Griya Santrian Bali/Sanur